Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 30mm f/3.5
Standard prime macro lens for Olympus PEN, OM-D, and other micro four thirds mirrorless cameras
Our take on the Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 30mm f/3.5 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
It's all in the details
A lens that lets you get within four inches of your subject can lead to some eye-opening discoveries, revealing all kinds of details that aren't fully visible to the naked eye. This 30mm f/3.5 macro lens from Olympus lets you take sharp, detailed close-ups of the tiniest subjects, from an insect on a flower petal to an individual snowflake. With a 35mm equivalent focal length of 60mm, it's also a fantastic portrait lens. Its Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system and electronic zoom mechanism give you nearly silent control so you won't hear it working when you're shooting video with sound.
- Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 30mm f/3.5 lens
- designed for use with Olympus PEN and OM-D cameras with Micro Four Thirds lens mounts
- compatible with cameras with Micro Four Thirds-size lens mount
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 60mm
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system for quick, silent focusing
- maximum magnification ratio: 1.25X (35mm equivalent: 2.5X)
- minimum focus distance: 3.74"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- 7 elements in 6 groups
- 1 DSA (dual super aspherical) element, 1 EDA (extra low-dispersion aspherical) element, and 1 aspherical element for improved optical performance
- 7 rounded aperture blades
- attachment/filter size: 46mm
- lens is 2-1/4" in diameter, 2-3/8" long
- weight: 4.5oz.
- includes front and rear lens caps
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm f3.5 Macro lens (black)
- LC-46 46mm front lens cap (installed)
- LR-2 rear lens cap (installed)
- Warranty card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm f3.5 Macro lens has a Micro Four Thirds mount, and is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras.
Macro Photography: This macro lens lets you shoot close-ups as close as 3.7" from your subject. You can magnify tiny items, and isolate them with artistic out-of-focus backgrounds. The circular aperture helps you create beautiful bokeh for pleasing defocused effects.
Auto Focus: The M.Zuiko Digital lens is equipped with a single focusing element that gives you blazing fast autofocus performance. The lens has silent autofocus and aperture mechanisms to make the lens Movie and Still Compatible (MSC).
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 30mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 60mm
- Maximum Aperture: f3.5
- Minimum Aperture: f22
- Angle of View: 40°
- Maximum Magnification: 1.25x (2.5x 35mm equivalent)
- Minimum Field Size: 13.9 x 10.4mm
- Lens Construction: 7 elements in 6 groups (including 1 DSA lens, 1 EDA lens, and 1 aspherical lens)
- Closest Focusing Distance: 3.7"
- Diaphragm: 7 blade circular aperture
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.236", Length 2.532" (2.844" w/caps)
- Weight: 4.5 ounces (without caps)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.