About the Olympus M. Zuiko ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO
An all-around fabulous lens
With a generously large f/1.2 maximum aperture, this 25mm lens from Olympus gives your images an extremely narrow depth of field for the softest blurred backgrounds and lets you use extra-fast shutter speeds to capture action shots. It's also ideal for capturing twilight scenes and flash-free indoor photos. Its 35mm equivalent focal length of 50mm makes it a perfect lens for taking in the world around you, whether you're shooting street scenes, portraits, or landscapes. Its Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system and electronic zoom mechanism give you near silent control so you won't hear it working when you're shooting video with sound.
- Olympus M. Zuiko ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO lens
- designed for use with Olympus PEN, OM-D, and other cameras with Micro Four Thirds lens mounts
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 50mm
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system for quick, silent focusing
- dust-, splash-, and freeze-proof design
- minimum focus distance: 11.8" (from image sensor plane)
- minimum aperture: f/16
- 19 elements in 14 groups
- 2 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens elements, 1 aspherical element, 1 Super ED elements, 3 HR (High Refractive Index) elements, 1 E-HR (Extra-High Refractive Index) element for outstanding optical performance
- rounded 9-blade aperture design
- attachment/filter size: 62mm
- lens is 2-3/4" in diameter, 3-7/16" long
- weight: 14.5 oz.
- includes front and rear lens caps, lens case, and hood
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # V311080BU000
What's in the box:
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm f1.2 PRO lens
- LC-62F 62mm front lens cap (installed)
- LR-2 rear lens cap (installed)
- LH-66B Lens hood
- LSC-0811 Soft lens case
- Warranty Card
Olympus M. Zuiko ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Olympus M. Zuiko ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm f1.2 PRO lens has a Micro Four Thirds mount, and is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras.
Lens Construction: The 25mm f1.2 PRO lens delivers superior optical performance due to the multiple lens elements that make up its construction. There are 19 lens elements in 14 groups, making it one of the most complex Micro 4/3 lens ever. The lens includes Super ED, ED, E-HR, HR, and aspherical elements to eliminate spherical and chromatic aberrations, and color fringing, leaving nothing but clear, crisp images. The lens also features Zuiko Extra-low Reflecting Optical (ZERO) and Z Coating Nano lens coatings to eliminate lens flares and ghosting caused by in-frame light sources.
Weather-resistant: The M.Zuiko 25mm PRO lens features premium metal construction that is hermetically sealed to protect the inner workings from moisture and dust. The lens is not only splashproof and dustproof, but is freezeproof down to 14°F (-10°C) to complement the weatherproof camera body of the Olympus OM-D line.
Depth-of-Field: The wide-open f1.2 aperture allows you to shoot with a shallow depth-of-field. The focused areas are clear and sharp, while the defocused background and beautiful bokeh emphasize your subject, and help create a natural 3-D effect.
Auto Focus: The M.Zuiko Digital lens is equipped with a single internal focusing element that gives you blazing fast autofocus performance. The lens has silent autofocus and aperture mechanisms to make the lens Movie and Still Compatible (MSC).
Lens Hood: The lens includes the LH-66B lens hood which helps prevent stray light from entering the lens, and protects the front lens element from scratches and damage. The lens hood adds approximately 1-1/4" of overall length to the lens when installed. When not in use, the lens hood can be mounted backward on the lens for storage.
Manual Focus Clutch: The 25mm f1.2 PRO lens features a manual focus clutch on the focus ring to let you instantly shift from autofocus to manual focus. The clutch allows you to manually preset a focus position using the distance meter. When you pull the clutch ring toward you from the AF mode, the lens returns to the preset focus position.
Lens Function Button: The L-Fn (Lens Function) button on the barrel of the lens lets you select several camera functions from the lens. Functions include Focus Peaking, AF Stop, and Magnify.
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 25mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 50mm
- Maximum Aperture: f1.2
- Minimum Aperture: f16
- Angle of View: 47°
- Maximum Magnification: 0.11x (0.22x 35mm equivalent)
- Minimum Field Size: 157 x 118mm
- Lens Construction: 19 elements in 14 groups (including 1 Super ED lens, 2 ED lenses, 1 EHR lens, 3 HR lenses, and 1 aspherical lens)
- Closest Focusing Distance: 11.8"
- Diaphragm: 9 blade circular aperture
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.756", Length 3.635" (4.037" w/caps)
- Weight: 14.5 ounces (without caps)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?