About the Olympus M. Zuiko ED 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO
Shoot like a pro
Shoot like a pro
This 12-100mm lens from Olympus might just be your camera's new best friend. With a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-200mm this versatile lens takes you from wide-angle to telephoto territory so you can use it to shoot landscapes, wildlife, and just about anything else you can think of. It's light enough to take anywhere, and thanks to its built-in image stabilization, you won't have to use a tripod when you're going for the longer shots. Its f/4 maximum aperture stays constant throughout the zoom range, so you can take shots at different focal lengths without having to adjust your exposure settings.
This premium lens boasts professional build quality with durable metal construction and protective weather-sealing for smooth performance in all kinds of conditions. Its Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system and electronic zoom mechanism give you near silent control so you won't hear it working when you're shooting video with sound.
- Olympus M. Zuiko ED 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO lens
- designed for use with Olympus PEN, OM-D, and other cameras with Micro Four Thirds lens mounts
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 24-200mm
- dust-, splash-, and freeze-proof design
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system with gearless Dual VCM (voice coil motor) for extremely fast and silent focusing
- minimum focus distance: 5.9" (wide) - 17.7" (tele)
- minimum aperture: f/22
- 17 elements in 11 groups
- 1 DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element, 3 aspherical elements, 5 ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) elements, 2 S-HR (Super-High Refractive Index) elements, and 1 HR (High Refractive Index) element for outstanding optical performance
- Sync IS synchronized image stabilization works with 5-axis stabilization in select OM-D cameras for crisp, clear telephoto images
- rounded 7-blade aperture design
- filter/attachment size: 72mm
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter, 4-5/8" long
- weight: 19.8 oz.
- includes front and rear lens caps, hood, and case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # V314080BU000
What's in the box:
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-100mm f4.0 IS PRO zoom lens (black)
- LC-72C Front lens cap (installed)
- LR-2 Rear lens cap (installed)
- LH-76B Lens hood
- LSC-0914 Soft lens case
- Warranty card
Olympus M. Zuiko ED 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Olympus M. Zuiko ED 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-100mm f4.0 IS PRO lens has a Micro Four Thirds mount, and is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras.
Lens Construction: The 12-100mm f4.0 IS PRO lens delivers superior optical performance due to the multiple lens elements that make up its construction. There are 17 lens elements in 11 groups. The lens includes 1 DSA lens, 3 Aspherical lenses, 5 ED lenses, 2 Super HR lenses, and 1 HR lens. This combination provides superior resolution, sharpness, and suppresses aberrations. The lens also features Z Coating Nano lens coatings to eliminate lens flares and ghosting caused by in-frame light sources.
Weather-resistant: The M.Zuiko 12-100mm PRO lens features premium metal construction that is hermetically sealed in several locations to protect the inner workings from moisture and dust. The lens is not only splashproof and dustproof, but is freezeproof down to 14°F (-10°C) to complement the weatherproof camera body of the Olympus OM-D line.
Image Stabilization (IS): The lens features internal image stabilization that provides up to 5 shutter speed steps of compensation. When mounted to a compatible OM-D or PEN camera body with 5-Axis Image Stabilization, the compensation increases to up to 6.5 steps. With this Synchronized Image Stabilization, you get crisp, clear telephoto images, even without a tripod. You can turn the image stabilization on or off via the IS switch on the lens barrel.
Auto Focus: The M.Zuiko Digital lens is equipped with a single internal focusing element that gives you blazing fast autofocus performance. The lens has silent autofocus and aperture mechanisms to make the lens Movie and Still Compatible (MSC). Most OM-D cameras have a Silent Mode with an electronic shutter that let you focus and shoot in complete silence.
Manual Focus Clutch: The 12-100mm f4.0 IS PRO lens features a manual focus clutch on the focus ring to let you instantly shift from autofocus to manual focus. The clutch allows you to manually preset a focus position using the distance meter. When you pull the clutch ring toward you from the AF mode, the lens returns to the preset focus position.
Lens Hood: The lens includes the LH-76B lens hood, which helps prevent stray light from entering the lens. The lens hood also protects the front lens element from scratches and damage. The lens hood adds nearly 1.5" to the overall length of the lens when installed. When not it use, the hood can be inverted and mounted backward on the lens for storage. In addition to the lens hood, the LSC-0914 Soft Lens Case is also included.
Lens Function Button: The L-Fn (Lens Function) button on the barrel of the lens can be programmed to perform several different functions, including Focus Peaking, AF Stop, and Magnify.
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 12-100mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 24-200mm
- Maximum Aperture: f4.0
- Minimum Aperture: f22
- Angle of View: 84°-12°
- Maximum Magnification: 0.3x (wide); 0.21x (telephoto) (35mm equivalent: 0.6x / 0.42x)
- Minimum Field Size: 57.7 x 43.3mm (wide); 82.4 x 61.9mm (telephoto)
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 11 groups (including 1 DSA lens, 3 Aspherical lenses, 5 ED lenses, 2 Super HR lenses, and 1 HR lens)
- Closest Focusing Distance: 5.9" to infinity (at 12mm); 17.7" to infinity (at 100mm)
- Diaphragm: 7 blade circular aperture
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.047", Length 4.799" (5.197" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 19.8 ounces (without caps and lens hood)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?