About the Olympus M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO
Pro-grade optics and rugged construction
As part of the Olympus M. Zuiko Pro lens lineup, the ED 40-150mm f/2.8 is one tough customer. This premium lens boasts professional build quality with durable metal construction and protective weather-sealing for smooth, long-lasting performance in even the harshest shooting conditions. A dust-, splash-, and freeze-proof design makes it a solid companion for select Olympus cameras.
Olympus is taking a bet that this will become your go-to lens for your mirrorless camera, and they have good reason to be confident: with a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 and a versatile 80-300mm equivalent zoom range, this lens will meet all the challenges of low light shots, sporting events, nature and wildlife photography, and captivating portraits. Think of it as the ideal telephoto lens — all the convenience of a powerful zoom range, without the tradeoffs lower-cost lenses hand you in the aperture department. Precision M. Zuiko optics and lens coatings will keep everything sharp and clear, while capturing vivid yet natural colors.
- Olympus M. Zuiko ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO lens
- designed for use with Olympus PEN and OM-D cameras with Micro Four Thirds lens mounts
- compatible with mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 80-300mm
- dust-, splash-, and freeze-proof design
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system with gearless Dual VCM (voice coil motor) for extremely fast and silent focusing
- internal focusing and zoom maintains constant lens length
- minimum focus distance: 27-9/16" (from image sensor plane)
- minimum aperture: f/22
- maximum aperture: f/2.8
- 16 elements in 10 groups
- one aspherical ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens element, 2 aspherical elements, 1 Super ED element, 3 ED elements, 1 HD element
- rounded 9-blade aperture design for more natural out-of-focus image areas
- filter/attachment size: 72mm
- lens is 3-1/8" in diameter, 3-5/16" long
- weight: 31 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- lens hood
- tripod mounting ring
- lens storage pouch
- MFR # V315050BU000
What's in the box:
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO lens
- LC-72C Front lens cap (installed)
- LR-2 Rear lens cap (installed)
- LH-76 Lens hood
- LSC-1120 Lens case
- Warranty Card/Service Centers list
Olympus M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Olympus M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The M. Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO medium telephoto zoom lens features pro-grade optics and premium metal construction. It has a Micro Four Thirds mount, and is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras. The lens includes a tripod collar that allows you to attach a tripod at the lens (instead of at the camera) for better balance and control.
Rugged Construction: The lens is made to withstand the harshest shooting conditions. It has 11 separate seals to keep out moisture and dust.
Dual Voice Coil Motors: The 40-150mm zoom lens sports the industry's first Dual VCM (voice coil motor) Auto Focus mechanism. By separating the focusing mechanism into two lens groups, controlled by individual linear drive motors, the lens can deliver fast, quiet, and accurate auto focusing.
MSC: This high-quality lens has a built-in MSC (Movie and Still Compatible) inner focusing mechanism for fast, quiet focusing, even while shooting movies.
Collapsible Lens Hood: The included LH-76 lens hood uses a bayonet mount to attach to the end of the lens. The hood helps to reduce glare and to protect the front lens element. When you don't need to use the lens hood, you can turn the locking ring and slide the hood back onto the lens. When extended, the lens hood adds approximately 2.4" to the overall length of the lens, and will fully support the weight of the lens and camera body.
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 40-150mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 80-300mm
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8 (W-T)
- Minimum Aperture: F22 (W-T)
- Angle of View: 30° - 8.2°
- Maximum Image Magnification: 0.21x (0.42x 35mm equivalent)
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 10 groups (including 1 Aspherical ED element, 2 Aspherical elements, 1 SED lens, 3 ED lenses, and 1 HD lens)
- Focusing Range: 27.5" to infinity
- Diaphragm: 9 blade circular aperture
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.092", Length=6.46" (6.807" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 26.5 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked