About the Olympus ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO
Olympus has chosen this lens as their first release in the newly designated lineup of M. Zuiko Pro lenses. These are lenses with rugged weather-sealing. So rugged, in fact, that they are advertised as being dust-, splash-, and freezeproof, making them solid companions for Olympus' OM-D E-M1 which is similarly rated.
Olympus is taking a bet that this will become your next day-to-day lens for your mirrorless camera, and they have good reason to be confident: with a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 and an amazingly convenient 24-80mm equivalent zoom range, this lens will meet the challenges of low light shots, wide landscapes, and captivating portraits. Think of it as the ultimate kit lens — all the convenience of the handiest zoom range, without the tradeoffs lower-cost lenses hand you in the aperture department. Precision M. Zuiko optics will keep everything sharp and clear, while capturing vivid yet natural colors.
- 12-40mm f/2.8 lens
- bright, constant-aperture wide-angle zoom lens for mirrorless cameras
- 24-80mm effective focal length
- ideal for everything from landscapes and group shots to portraits with defocused backgrounds
- minimum focus distance: 7.87 inches
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 14 elements in 9 groups
- exceptional optics include aspherical elements, a DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) lens, ED (extra-low dispersion) lenses & HR (high refractive index) lenses
- attachment/filter size: 62mm
- lens is 2-13/16" in diameter, 3-9/16" long
- weight: 13.47 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens cap, lens hood, and lens case
- MFR # V314060BU000
What's in the box:
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f2.8 PRO zoom lens
- LC-62D Front lens cap (installed)
- LR-2 Rear lens cap (installed)
- LH-66 Lens Hood
- LSC-0918 Lens case
- Warranty card
Olympus ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Olympus ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO 3.3x zoom lens has a Micro Four Thirds mount. It is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras, and has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-80mm when used with a full frame camera. The lens is the first in the newly created M.Zuiko PRO category, and has an all metallic construction with high-grade optical components. It comes with the LH-66 Lens Hood, a soft lens pouch, and front and rear lens caps.
MSC: This high-quality lens has a built-in MSC (Movie and Still Compatible) AF drive for fast, quiet focusing, even while shooting movies.
Construction: The lens is suitable for use in extreme conditions. It is splash-proof, dust-proof, and freeze-proof, making it the perfect lens for demanding professionals and enthusiasts.
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 12-40mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 24-80mm
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Angle of View: 84.1° - 30.3°
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 9 groups (including aspherical ED lens, aspherical lenses, DSA lens, 2 ED lenses, HD lens, and 2 HR lenses)
- Closest Focusing Distance: 7.9"
- Diaphragm: 7 blade circular aperture diaphragm
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.752", Length=3.558" (3.998" w/caps)
- Weight: 13.5 ounces