About the Olympus M. Zuiko 45mm F/1.2 PRO
For portraits that pop
For portraits that pop
With a 35mm equivalent focal length of 90mm, this 45mm Olympus lens is ideal for portraits and close-ups. Its generously large f/1.2 maximum aperture gives your images a narrow depth of field for the most gorgeous blurred backgrounds. It's also great for flash-free indoor photos.
A Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system gives this lens the ability to focus quickly and quietly — perfect for recording video with sound.
- Olympus M. Zuiko ED 45mm f/1.2 PRO lens
- designed for use with Olympus PEN, OM-D, and other cameras with Micro Four Thirds lens mounts
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 90mm
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system for quick, silent focusing
- dust-, splash-, and freeze-proof design
- minimum focus distance: 19.7" (from image sensor plane)
- 14 elements in 10 groups
- anti-reflective Z Nano coating reduces ghosting and flare
- attachment/filter size: 62mm
- lens is 2-13/16" in diameter, 3-5/16" long
- weight: 14.5 oz.
- includes front and rear lens caps, lens case, and hood
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # V311090BU000
What's in the box:
- M.Zuiko ED 45mm f/1.2 PRO lens
- LC-62F Front lens cap (installed)
- LR-2 Rear lens cap (installed)
- LH-66B Lens hood
- LSC-0811 Soft lens case
- Warranty Card
More details on the Olympus M. Zuiko 45mm F/1.2 PRO
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.2 PRO lens has a Micro Four Thirds mount, and is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras.
Lens Construction: The 45mm f/1.2 PRO lens delivers superior optical performance due to the multiple lens elements that make up its construction. There are 14 lens elements in 10 groups, including 1 ED lens, 1 Aspherical lens, and 4 HR lens elements to eliminate spherical and chromatic aberrations. The lens also features Z Coating Nano lens coatings to eliminate lens flares and ghosting caused by in-frame light sources.
Weather-resistant: The M.Zuiko 45mm PRO lens features premium metal construction that is hermetically sealed in 17 locations to protect the inner workings from moisture and dust. The lens is not only splashproof and dustproof, but is freezeproof down to 14°F (-10°C) to complement the weatherproof camera body of the Olympus OM-D line.
Auto Focus: The M.Zuiko Digital lens is equipped with a lightweight internal focusing element that gives you blazing fast autofocus performance. The lens has silent autofocus and aperture mechanisms to make the lens Movie and Still Compatible (MSC). Most OM-D cameras have a Silent Mode with an electronic shutter that let you focus and shoot in complete silence.
Manual Focus Clutch: The 45mm f/1.2 PRO lens features a manual focus clutch on the focus ring to let you instantly shift from autofocus to manual focus. The clutch allows you to manually preset a focus position using the distance meter. When you pull the clutch ring toward you from the AF mode, the lens returns to the preset focus position.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the LH-66B lens hood. The hood protects the front lens element from rain, snow, and moisture, and keeps unwanted light from entering the lens causing flare. The lens hood, when mounted on the lens, adds approximately 3" to the overall length of the lens. When not in use, you can reverse-mount the hood onto the lens for storage.
Lens Function Button: The customizable L-Fn (Lens Function) button on the barrel of the lens allows you to control many different camera functions without having to go through the menu. Some programmable functions include: Focus Peaking, AF Stop, and Magnify.
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 45mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 90mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.2
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Angle of View: 27°
- Maximum Magnification: 0.1x (0.2x 35mm equivalent)
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 10 groups
- Focusing Range: 19.7" to ∞ (infinity)
- Filter Size: 62mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.76", Length 3.551" (3.965" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 14.5 ounces (without lens caps)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?