About the Olympus M. Zuiko ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO
Squeezing an entire scene into one frame can be a frustrating endeavor, and is often downright impossible with the wrong lens. With a 114-degree angle of view at the widest end of its zoom range, the Olympus M. Zuiko 7-14mm f/2.8 Pro lens is up for the challenge of capturing every last detail in one shot. It's ideal for landscapes, street scenes, group photos, and interior or exterior architectural shots, and its short minimum focus distance means you can also use it for captivating close-ups and portraits.
A constant f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range lets you get closer to the action without having to adjust any settings. With such a wide aperture, you can capture any kind of scene, indoors or out, day or night. High-quality optics in combination with the large depth of field characteristic of ultra-wide lenses will give you clear focus from front to back, for breathtakingly detailed images. Thanks to its rugged splash-, dust-, and freeze-proof design, you can take this lens anywhere and not have to worry about the weather taking a turn while you're shooting.
- Olympus M. Zuiko ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO lens
- designed for use with Olympus PEN, OM-D, and other cameras with Micro Four Thirds lens mounts
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 14-28mm
- dust-, splash-, and freeze-proof design
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) High-speed Imager autofocus system for fast and silent focusing
- minimum focus distance: 7.87" (from image sensor plane)
- minimum aperture: f/22
- maximum aperture: f/2.8
- 14 elements in 11 groups
- 2 aspherical ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens elements, 1 aspherical element, 3 Super ED elements, 1 ED element, 2 HR (High Refractive) elements, 1 DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element
- rounded 7-blade aperture design
- Zuiko Extra-Low Reflection Optical (ZERO) Coating
- In-body 5-axis image stabilization
- lens is 3-1/8" in diameter, 4-3/16" long
- weight: 18.84 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- lens storage pouch
- MFR # V313020BU000
What's in the box:
- M.Zuiko ED 7-14mm f28 PRO zoom lens
- LC-79 Front lens cap (installed)
- LR-2 Rear lens cap (installed)
- Lens pouch
- Warranty card
More details on the Olympus M. Zuiko ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The M. Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm f2.8 PRO wide angle zoom lens has a Micro Four Thirds mount, and is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras. The lens is extremely bright with an f2.8 maximum aperture, and gives you a range of wide angled shots (114°-75°) for expansive landscapes, cityscapes, architecture, macro, and sharp night shots. The lens weighs just under 19 ounces, and comes with a soft lens pouch.
Rugged Construction: The lens is weather-sealed in 11 different locations, so it can withstand the harshest shooting conditions. It is splash, freeze, and dustproof, so you can shoot is less-than-optimal conditions.
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 7-11mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 14-28mm
- Maximum Aperture: f2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f22
- Angle of View: 114°-75°
- Maximum Image Magnification: 0.11x (0.22x 35mm equivalent)
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups (including 2 Aspherical ED lenses, 1 DSA lens, 1 Aspherical lens, 3 Super ED lenses, 1 ED lens, and 2 Super HR lenses)
- Closest Focusing Distance: 7.85"
- Diaphragm: 7 blade circular aperture
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.108" Length=4.376" (3.285"D x 4.627" w/caps)
- Weight: 18.84 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?