About the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
A broader perspective
A broader perspective
Canon's 16-36mm f/2.8L III USM lens lets you capture vast scenes in a single frame. This ultra-wide-angle zoom is perfect for expansive landscape and architecture shots on the wide end, and exquisite portraits and street scenes on the longer end. Its 11" minimum focus distance lets you capture intricately detailed close-ups and tight portraits, and its large aperture makes it easy to shoot in any setting, indoors or out, day or night, with no need for a flash. High-quality optics combined with the large depth of field you get from a wide-angle lens give you clear focus from front to back.
High-performance optics for clear, sharp photos
A constant f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range ensures your images will be consistently well-exposed by allowing you to change focal lengths without having to adjust your exposure settings once you've dialed them in. Specialized lens elements and coatings reduce lens flare and improve contrast and clarity for tack-sharp photos with accurate color rendering and minimal distortion. The lens's 9-blade circular aperture gives you super-smooth, natural-looking defocused background highlights, drawing all the attention to your subject.
- EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L III USM ultra-wide zoom lens
- compatible with Canon EOS SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 16-35mm with full-frame digital or film cameras
- 26-56mm on APS-C sensor cameras
- three aspherical and two ultra-low dispersion (UD) elements for superior image quality
- Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast, silent autofocus
- full-time manual focus override
- fluorine lens coating minimizes smudges and fingerprints
- Subwavelength coating (SWC) and Air Sphere coating (ASC) reduce ghosting and flare
- rounded 9-blade aperture design for more natural out-of-focus image areas
- minimum aperture: f/22
- minimum focus distance: 11 inches
- constructed of 16 elements in 11 groups
- filter size: 82mm
- lens is 3-3/8" in diameter, 5-1/16" long
- weight: 27.9 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- lens carrying pouch
- MFR # 0573C002AA
What's in the box:
- EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM zoom lens
- E-82 II Front lens cap (installed)
- Canon EF rear lens cap (installed)
- EW-88D lens hood
- LP1222 Soft case
- Warranty card
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
Overview: The Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM lens is an ultra-wide zoom lens for Canon EOS full-frame and APS-C cameras. When used on APS-C cameras, the focal length is equivalent to 26-56mm. The lens is ideal for photographing landscapes, portraits, and close-ups. With a large f/2.8 aperture, you can shoot at dusk or dawn, inclement weather, in dimly lit rooms, or other low-light situations. The lens has a standard Canon EF-mount, and comes with front and rear lens caps, a lens hood, and soft storage case.
Lens Construction: The lens features a new optical design to improve the sharpness in the outer edges and corners. With 16 elements in 11 groups, the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM has two large-diameter double-surface GMo lenses and a ground aspherical lens to decrease distortion, curvature of field, and astigmatism. Two UD lenses reduce chromatic aberration to give you the most accurate color rendition and detail. Subwavelength Coatings (SWC) and Air Sphere Coatings (ASC) eliminate flare and ghosting from reflected light. To protect the front and rear lens surfaces from smears and fingerprints, the lens employs a non-stick Fluorine coating.
Focus Mode Switch: A switch on the lens barrel lets you select Auto Focus (AF) or Manual Focus (MF). Full-time Manual Focus allows you to manually focus with the focus ring, even while the lens is in AF mode.
Ultra-Sonic Motor (USM): The lens is equipped with an Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for silent, high-speed auto focusing.
Included Accessories: The following accessories are included with the lens:
- EW-88D Lens Hood: The EW-88D lens hood helps to prevent stray light from entering the lens to avoid unwanted glare from affecting your photos. When attached to the lens, the lens hood adds approximately 1" to the overall length of the lens.
- LP1222 Soft Lens Case: The LP1222 soft lens case can protect the lens and keep it clean.
Extension Tubes: You can attach the optional Canon EF-12 II (0.65-0.36x magnification) or EF-25 II (1.14-0.8x magnification) Extension Tubes for magnified shots.
- Focal Length: 16-35mm (26-56mm on APS-C camera)
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 11 groups
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Aperture Type: 9 blade circular
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.92' (11.04")
- Magnification: 0.25x (at 35mm)
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 108°10' - 63°
- Vertical: 74°10' - 38°
- Horizontal: 98° - 54°
- Filter Size: 82mm
- Diameter: 3.484"
- Length: 5.332" (5.996" with lens caps)
- Weight: 27.9 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?