About the Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Professional quality and versatility
Professional quality and versatility
Canon's L Series lenses are world-renowned for their high-performance optics and rugged reliability. You'll really see the difference that pro-quality glass makes with this 16-35mm f/4 zoom. It delivers impressive wide-angle shooting on full-frame cameras such as the Canon EOS 5d Mark III. Use it to take expansive photos of outdoor nature scenes, or fit a large group of people into a single frame. A large, constant f/4 aperture throughout the focal range means you'll be able to capture well-exposed photos, even when shooting in lower light. Its built-in Optical Image Stabilizer helps minimize the blurring effects of camera shake by effectively adding up to four stops of shutter speed, so your photos will come out crisp in all different sorts of lighting conditions.
Designed for great performance
Superior Canon optics ensure you'll get crystal-clear, high-contrast images. Your photos will be crisp and detailed across the entire field of view — from one edge to the other — thanks to three aspherical and two ultra-low dispersion lens elements. A powerful ultrasonic motor (USM) provides silent, precise auto focusing. Plus, full-time manual focus override lets you take control with just a twist of the focus ring when the situation calls for an artist's eye to fine-tune the image.
- EF 16-35mm f/4L II USM ultra-wide zoom lens
- compatible with Canon EOS SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 16-35mm with full-frame digital or film cameras
- 26-56mm on APS-C sensor cameras
- Canon L Series lens with three aspherical and two ultra-low dispersion (UD) elements for superior image quality
- Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the effect of camera shake for longer exposure times (up to four equivalent stops slower)
- internal-focusing, ring-type Ultrasonic Motor for fast, silent autofocus
- full-time manual focus override
- rounded 9-blade aperture design for more natural out-of-focus image areas
- minimum aperture: f/22
- minimum focus distance: 11 inches
- constructed of 16 elements in 12 groups
- filter size: 77mm
- lens is 3-5/16" in diameter, 4-7/16" long
- weight: 21.7 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- EW-82 lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- soft lens case
- MFR # 9518B002
What's in the box:
- EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM zoom lens
- E-77II Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- EW-82 Lens hood
- LP1219 Black padded lens case
- Warranty card
Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Overview: The Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens is a wide angle zoom lens for Canon EOS cameras. This high-performance L-series lens features an image stabilizer to help prevent blurred images caused by camera shake. The inner focusing system and USM (ultrasonic motor) gives you faster, more precise auto focusing.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether you're in manual or auto focus mode, the full-time manual focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually change the focus, if needed, by turning the focusing ring.
Focus Mode Switch: You can switch between Auto Focus and Manual Focus using the two-way AF/MF switch on the barrel of the lens.
Image Stabilizer: The built-in Image Stabilizer provides superb correction for camera shake that it is equivalent to a shutter speed 4 stops faster, even in dim light. The Image Stabilizer begins to work when you press the shutter button halfway. If you are placing the camera on a tripod, it is recommended that the Image Stabilizer be turned off.
Circular Aperture: The lens has a 9-blade circular aperture that delivers beautiful soft-focus backgrounds.
Lens Hood: The EF 16-35mm f/4 IS USM lens includes the EW-82 lens hood to block out unwanted light, and to protect the front of the lens from rain, snow, and dust. The hood has a bayonet-type mount, and can be reverse-mounted for storage.
Optional Filters: The lens has a 77mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 16-35mm f/4
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 12 groups (including 2 UD-glass elements and 3 aspheric lens elements)
- Maximum Aperture: f/4 (constant)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 108°10' - 63°
- Vertical: 74°10' - 38°
- Horizontal: 98° - 54°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.92' (0.28m) across the entire zoom range
- Diameter: 3.248"
- Length: 4.685" (4.412" with caps)
- Weight: 21.7 ounces