About the Canon EF 24-105MM f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
A versatile performer
A versatile performer
You and this lens should log some quality time together. From wide-angle landscapes and memorable wedding shots to fantastic-looking portraits, the versatile 24-105mm zoom delivers high-quality images no matter what comes your way. Canon's acclaimed image stabilization technology improves low-light performance, enabling you to use shutter speeds much slower than you'd ordinarily employ. This compact, travel-worthy lens will give you great, artifact-free close-ups, and expansive-yet-vibrant panoramas while you're documenting that once-in-a-lifetime road trip. This could end up being your main "go-to" glass.
Focusing on the details
The EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens is Canon's first EF standard zoom lens for full-frame sensor cameras to include a lead screw-type stepping motor (STM). It incorporates both an internal focusing mechanism for rapid, precise autofocus, and a stepping motor and lead screw design to deliver smooth and quiet AF during video recording, as well as when shooting still images. This lens also supports the Canon EOS Movie Servo AF function to enable continuous focusing performance when working in live view mode. Plus, full-time manual focus override lets you switch quickly from auto to manual focus with just a twist of the barrel when you need to fine-tune the look of your compositions.
- EF 24-105MM f/3.5-5.6 IS STM zoom lens
- effective focal length:
- 24-105mm with 35mm film or full-frame sensor digital cameras
- 38-168mm with APS-C sensor Canon cameras
- compatible with all Canon autofocus film and digital SLR cameras
- Optical Image Stabilizer enables handheld shooting at up to four shutter speeds slower for blur-free photos and video capture
- internal focusing design with lead screw-type stepping motor (STM) for smooth and quiet continuous autofocus during video recording
- full time manual focus override allows manual focus adjustment while in autofocus mode
- two aspheric lenses plus a UD (Ultra-low dispersion) lens for sharp, clear still images and movies
- minimum focus distance: 15.72 inches
- constructed of 17 elements in 13 groups
- attachment/filter size: 77mm
- lens is 4-5/16" long, 3-5/16" in diameter
- weight: 18.52 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 9521B002
What's in the box:
- EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM zoom lens
- E-77II Lens cap (installed)
- Rear dust cap (installed)
- Warranty Card
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Canon EF 24-105MM f/3.5-5.6 IS STM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 24-105MM f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Overview: The Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens is a standard zoom lens, designed for Canon EOS full-frame cameras. The lens features an image stabilizer to help prevent blurred images caused by camera shake. The inner focusing system and STM (stepping motor) gives you smooth, quiet auto focusing.
Stepping Motor (STM): The lens features a lead screw-type stepping motor in the focus mechanism. The inner focus lens, and stepping motor support the Canon EOS Movie Servo AF function, to provide smooth and quiet auto focusing during video recording, as well as when shooting photos.
Note: When the camera is off or in the sleep mode, the motor does not operate and manual focusing is not possible.
Focus Mode Switch: You can switch between Auto Focus and Manual Focus using the two-way AF/MF switch on the barrel of the lens.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether you're in manual or auto focus mode, the full-time manual focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually change the focus, if needed, by turning the focusing ring.
Image Stabilizer: The built-in Image Stabilizer provides superb correction for camera shake that it is equivalent to a shutter speed 4 stops faster, even in dim light. The Image Stabilizer begins to work when you press the shutter button halfway. If you are placing the camera on a tripod, it is recommended that the Image Stabilizer be turned off.
Locking Zoom Ring: The zoom ring can be locked to keep the lens at its shortest point, preventing the lens from extending. This is convenient when carrying the camera on a strap with the lens aimed downward.
Circular Aperture: The lens has a 7-blade circular aperture that delivers beautiful soft-focus backgrounds.
Optional Accessories: The lens has a 77mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters. In addition, the optional EW-83M lens hood is available to prevent stray light from entering the lens and causing unwanted glare.
- Focal Length: 24-105mm
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 13 groups (including 1 UD-glass element and 2 aspheric lens elements)
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5 (at 24mm); f/5.6 (at 105mm)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 (at 24mm); f/36 (at 105mm) (f/22-f/32 with 1/2-stop increments)
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 84° - 23° 20'
- Vertical: 53° - 13°
- Horizontal: 74° - 19° 20'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.31' (0.4m)
- Diameter: 3.281"
- Length: 4.313" (5.067" with caps)
- Weight: 18.5 ounces