Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III USM
Super telephoto prime lens for Canon EOS digital SLR cameras
Item # 280400IS3 | MFR # 3045C002
Out of Stock
$11,999.00 Earn up to 11,999 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III USM by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A premium super telephoto lens that won't weigh you down
Canon's EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III USM lens is perfect for sports and wildlife photographers who want outstanding image quality and professional control in a portable package. This super telephoto prime weighs in at just over six pounds. Its center of gravity is closer to the rear, making it easier to use handheld or with a monopod.
Fantastic photos in any weather
Extensive weather-sealing means you can use this lens even in adverse conditions. Its 400mm focal length and f/2.8 maximum aperture lets you play up your subject by compressing and blurring the background. Nine circular aperture blades contribute to dreamy defocused background effects.
Stay focused on important details
Canon's quiet Ultrasonic Motor (USM) ensures fast, precise focus — great for shooting video. A customizable electronic manual focusing ring with three sensitivity levels helps you get the shots you're after. You'll be able to select how quickly and precisely you want to adjust focus — really helpful when you need a slower speed to switch between subjects or a faster speed to zero in on moving subjects.
Keep it steady
This lens offers three flavors of image stabilization for sharper images at slower shutter speeds — perfect for low-light situations when you don't have a tripod handy. There's a panning mode, and a specialized mode for erratically moving subjects. A Stabilizer Mode switch on the lens barrel makes it easy to dial in the right kind of stabilization for nearly any subject or scene.
- lens type: EF-mount full frame
- compatible with Canon EOS digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 400mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 640mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- dust- and water-resistant construction for shooting in adverse weather conditions
- increased heat-shielding for more reliable outdoor shooting
- smudge-resistant fluorine coating on front and rear lens elements repels dirt and dust for easy cleaning
- Air Sphere Coating (ASC) minimizes ghosting and flare
- Super Spectra coating for crisp, clear images
- built-in image stabilization for sharper images at slower shutter speeds
- customizable electronic focusing ring with 3 sensitivity levels
- minimum focus distance: 8.20'
- minimum aperture: f/32
- lens construction: 17 elements in 13 groups
- Super UD (Ultra-low dispersion) and fluorite lens elements for improved image quality and clarity
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, case, and 52mm drop-in gelatin filter holder
- accepts 52mm drop-in filters
- lens is 6-7/16" in diameter, 13-1/2" long
- weight: 6.26 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee