About the Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM
Lighten your load
Lighten your load
If you're a pro photographer traveling on assignment, you'll appreciate any reduction in the weight of the gear you're constantly lugging around. Ready to handle the toughest outdoor sports, action, and wildlife assignments, Canon's newly redesigned 600mm f/4L super telephoto lens is nearly two pounds lighter than its predecessor. Its center of gravity is closer to the rear, making it easier to use handheld or with a monopod.
Fantastic photos in any weather
Extensive weather-sealing means you can use this lens even in adverse conditions. Its 600mm focal length and f/4 maximum aperture lets you play up your subject by compressing and blurring the background. Nine circular aperture blades contribute to dreamy background defocusing.
Stay focused on important details
Canon's quiet Ultrasonic Motor (USM) ensures fast, precise focus — great for shooting video. A customizable electronic manual focusing ring with three sensitivity levels helps you get the shots you're after. You'll be able to select how quickly and precisely you want to adjust focus — really helpful when you need a slower speed to switch between subjects, or a faster speed to zero in on moving subjects.
Keep it steady
This lens offers three flavors of image stabilization for sharper images at slower shutter speeds — perfect for low-light situations when you don't have a tripod handy. There's a special mode for panning, and a specialized mode for erratically moving subjects. A Stabilizer Mode switch on the lens barrel makes it easy to dial in the right kind of stabilization for nearly any subject or scene.
- lens type: EF-mount full frame
- compatible with Canon EOS digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 600mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 960mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- dust- and water-resistant construction for shooting in adverse weather conditions
- increased heat-shielding for more reliable outdoor shooting
- smudge-resistant fluorine coating on front and rear lens elements repels dirt and dust for easy cleaning
- Air Sphere Coating (ASC) minimizes ghosting and flare
- Super Spectra coating for crisp, clear images
- built-in image stabilization for sharper images at slower shutter speeds
- customizable electronic focusing ring with 3 sensitivity levels
- minimum focus distance: 13.78'
- minimum aperture: f/32
- lens construction: 17 elements in 13 groups
- Super UD (Ultra-low dispersion), fluorite, and aspherical lens elements for improved image quality and clarity
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, case, and 52mm drop-in gelatin filter holder
- accepts 52mm drop-in filters
- lens is 6-5/8" in diameter, 17-5/8" long
- weight: 6.73 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3329C002
Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM reviews
Tack sharp, reasonably lightweight considering. I can handhold for short periods. Happy I pulled the trigger! This lens is a game changer, no doubt about it.
Pros: Excellent performance even with extender attached, maintains all focus points
Cons: At 6.7 lbs, it is the lightest prime 600mm on the market, but van only handhold for brief periods. I am used to shooting with a 100-400. But I love this lens, make no mistake.
2 of 2 found this helpful
More details on the Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM