About the Canon EF 70-300mm IS II USM
Extend your reach
Canon's EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM has the telephoto power you need to get crisp captures of distant subjects. It's also great for portraits and close-ups with a nice, compressed background. Improved image stabilization technology minimizes image blur and camera shake, for sharper images and smoother videos when shooting in low light without a tripod .
- EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM telephoto zoom lens
- effective focal length:
- 70-300mm on full-frame sensor digital cameras
- 112-480mm on APS-C sensor digital cameras
- compatible with all Canon EOS SLR cameras
- Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast, silent autofocus
- built-in Image Stabilization minimizes blur at slower shutter speeds
- constructed of 17 elements in 12 groups
- minimum focus distance: 3.94 feet
- filter diameter: 67mm
- lens is 5-3/4" long, 3-3/16" in diameter
- front and rear lens caps
- weight: 25.04 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- effective focal length of 112-480mm on APS-C sensor cameras
- MFR # 0571C002AA
What's in the box:
- EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM zoom lens
- E-67II Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- Warranty card
Canon EF 70-300mm IS II USM Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 70-300mm IS II USM
Overview: The Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens is a telephoto zoom lens for Canon EOS cameras. This EF lens is recommended for use on full frame cameras, but can be used on cameras with APS-C or APS-H image sensors. It covers a wide range of focal lengths, and is recommended for sports and nature photography. The lens features a built-in Image Stabilizer (IS), as well as an Ultrasonic Motor (USM). The new Lens Information Display shows the focusing distance, focal length, and the amount of camera shake.
Image Stabilizer (IS): The built-in Image Stabilizer can be used in the AF (autofocus) or MF (manual focus) modes. The Image Stabilizer gives the equivalent effect of a shutter speed up to four stops faster. The Image Stabilizer provides more reliable handheld photography and clearer detail in low-light situations.
Nano USM: The EF 70-300mm lens is equipped with Canon's Nano USM technology. The built-in Ultrasonic Motor (USM) gives you high-speed autofocusing for still images, and a Stepping Motor (STM) for smooth, silent autofocus for movies. No motor noise is picked up by the camera's microphone as the focus changes.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether you're in manual or auto focus mode, the focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually change the focus by turning the focusing ring.
Zoom Ring Lock: As you zoom in, the lens extends up to approximately 2-1/2" inches in length. A zoom ring lock helps prevent the lens from extending on its own when carrying the camera on a strap.
Optional Accessories: Optional accessories for the EF 70-300mm lens include:
- ET-74B Lens Hood: The lens hood attaches to the end of the lens to block stray light from entering the lens, and prevents flare and ghosting.
- LP1222 Lens Case: The lens case protects the lens when it's not in use.
- Lens Filters: The lens has a 67mm filter diameter for screw-on lens filters.
- Type of Lens: Canon EF lens
- Focal Length:
- Full Frame: 70-300mm
- APS-C equivalent: 112-480mm
- APS-H equivalent: 91-390mm
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 12 groups
- Image Stabilization: Yes
- Maximum Aperture: f/4 at 70mm, f/5.6 at 300mm
- Minimum Aperture: f/32 at 70mm, f/45 at 300mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.94' (1.2 meters)
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 34° to 8°15'
- Vertical: 19°30' to 4°35'
- Horizontal: 29° to 6°50'
- Dimensions: 3.155" diameter, 5.955" length (6.678" with lens caps)
- Weight: 25 ounces