About the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
Shipboard or at your port-of-call, you don't lack for photo opportunities when you're taking that long-anticipated cruise vacation. Trouble is, sometimes you don't have the time to walk the distance to get the ideal framing of that Aztec totem, or your son doing his patented cannonball into the ship's pool.
The Canon L-Series 70-300mm image-stabilized USM lens is just the ticket to get you out of jams like this. This zoom range has long been a favorite of photographers, suitable for gorgeous soft-background portraits and razor-sharp faraway subjects like birds and dynamic sports action. The designation "L-Series" means it's among Canon's top tier of lenses, so you know it'll be dirt-, dust-, and water-resistant in addition to providing an exceptional level of clarity, sharpness, and color fidelity.
World-class image stabilization technology and ultra-quiet focusing motors make this a great lens for video of faraway events as well. And being an EF lens, it's suitable for both APS-C and full-frame sensor digital cameras, as well as your old EOS 35mm film cameras.
- EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM telephoto zoom lens
- compatible with Canon EOS film and digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 70-300mm with full-frame digital or film cameras
- 112-480mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- Canon pro-quality L Series lens for superior image sharpness and durability
- Image Stabilization allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times (up to four stops slower shutter speed)
- two UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass elements for outstanding contrast and clarity
- fluorine coating resists smears and fingerprints and makes cleaning easier
- ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast, silent autofocus
- minimum aperture: f/32-45
- minimum focus distance: 3.9 feet
- constructed of 19 elements in 14 groups
- filter size: 67mm
- lens is 5-5/8" long, 3-1/2" in diameter
- weight: 37.03 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood, lens cap, and soft case
- MFR # 4426B002
What's in the box:
- EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM zoom lens
- E-67U Lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- ET-73B Lens hood
- LP1424 Soft lens case
- Instructions (on CD-ROM)
- Quick Guide
- Warranty card
- Canon service locations
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
Compatibility: The Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM telephoto zoom lens is compatible with Canon EOS DSLR cameras with the standard EF-mount.
IS (Image Stabilizer): The Image Stabilizer helps prevent blurred pictures during hand-held shooting at slow shutter speeds. Using a tripod also stabilizes the image, however, depending upon the shooting conditions, it may be better to turn off the Image Stabilizer. The image stabilizer gives the equivalent effect of a shutter speed four stops faster. There are two IS modes:
- Mode 1 provides stabilization in all directions, and is mainly effective for shooting still subjects
- Mode 2 compensates for vertical camera shake during following shots in a horizontal direction, and compensates for horizontal camera shake during following shots in a vertical direction.
UD Elements: Two Ultra-low Dispersion elements give you improved image quality and reduced chromatic aberration. The lens incorporates a floating focusing mechanism for sharpness from close up to infinity.
Fluorene Coating: A fluorene coating has been applied to the lens' front and rear lens elements which allows dust to be wiped from the outside of the lens more easily, compared with previous lenses.
USM (Ultrasonic Motor): The lens uses an Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for quick and quiet autofocusing.
Auto/Manual Focus Modes: To shoot in autofocus mode, you must set the focus mode switch on the lens to AF. To manually focus the camera, you must set the switch to MF and focus by turning the focusing ring.
Zoom Lock: The zoom ring can be locked in the widest position, convenient for carrying the camera using the shoulder strap because the lens won't extend.
Lens Hood: The lens includes the ET-73B lens hood for keeping unwanted light out of the lens, and for protecting the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When mounted, the lens hood adds approximately 3" to the overall length of the lens. When not using the lens hood, it can be reverse-mounted for storage.
Optional Accessories (available from Canon): The optional Canon Tripod Mount C (W II) lets you mount the lens to the tripod instead of the camera. Due to the weight of the lens, the tripod mount provides better balance, and allows you to easily use multiple cameras with the lens. The lens has a 67mm filter thread diameter for attaching filters to the front of the lens.
- Focal Length: 70-300mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/4-5.6
- Minimum Aperture: f/32-45
- Construction: 19 elements in 14 groups
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 34º-8º 15'
- Vertical: 19º 30'-4º 35'
- Horizontal: 29º-6º 50'
- Maximum Magnification: 0.21x (at 300mm)
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 1.2m/3.9'
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- Weight: 37 ounces (1050 g)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked