About the Canon Connect Station CS100
Wirelessly store, share, and view photos and video
Wirelessly store, share, and view photos and video
I find it to be a real chore to transfer images from my camera's memory card to my computer. The Canon Connect Station CS100 makes the process of storing and sharing photos and video so easy, there's no reason to do it the old way. It's a storage device with 1TB of space, so you can save approximately 150,000 photos or 70 hours of HD video in one place. Best of all, the CS100 is equipped with Wi-Fi and NFC capability, so you can initiate file transfer by simply touching a compatible Canon camera to the top of the hub.
There's even an HDMI port, so you can review your images on your HDTV. A web-based interface lets you remotely access the contents of your Connect Station from a smartphone, tablet or laptop computer.
- 1TB wireless storage hub exclusively for photos and video
- touch-pairing and instant wireless transfer via built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC
- view stored photos on your smartphone, tablet, or computer via a web-based interface
- dual card slots for direct transfer from CF and SD memory cards
- HDMI connection allows you to review photos and video on a compatible HDTV
- exchange photos and videos between two Canon Connect Stations
- remote control included
- user-friendly on screen menu helps you organize content
- prints photos wirelessly when connected to compatible Canon Pixma/Selphy printer
- Ethernet port for connection to your wired home network
- USB connection allows secure file backup to an external drive
- 6-3/16"W x 2"H x 6-3/16"D
- weight: 20.11 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 9899B002
What's in the box:
- Connect Station CS100
- AC Adapter with attached 71" DC output cord (DC output: 7.4V 2.0A)
- 79" AC cord (polarized C7 connector)
- CS-RC1 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Instruction Manual
- Canon Limited Warranty card
Canon Connect Station CS100 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon Connect Station CS100
Overview: The Canon Connect Station CS100 is a wireless hub that lets you store you photos and videos. The device is equipped with a high capacity hard drive with a huge amount of digital storage. Photos and videos can be transferred either by USB or wirelessly from your camera or to your printer. You can also connect the unit with an HDMI cable to your TV. The CS100 comes with a wireless remote control to help you navigate the menus and find and select photos and videos.
1 TB of Storage: The CS100 has one terabyte (1 TB equals about 1000 GB) of storage dedicated exclusively to photos and videos. That enough to hold approximately 150,000 photos (based on about 6.6MB for each photo) or approximately 70 hours of Full HD video content (avg. 32Mbps). This allows you to quickly transfer the contents of your memory cards and start filling them up again with more photos.
Wi-Fi/NFC: The Canon Connect Station has built-in Wi-Fi to let you connect your camera wirelessly. For NFC-equipped Canon cameras and camcorders, you can simply tap the device to the CS100 for automatic importing your photos and videos. Previously imported photos and videos are recognized, so you won't inadvertently transfer multiple copies, which wastes space. If your Canon camera does not have Wi-Fi or NFC, you can connect it via your camera's USB cable.
Compatibility: Wireless image transfer is compatible only with Canon cameras and camcorders equipped with NFC and released in 2015 and later. Transfers via USB and is possible with Canon cameras and camcorders released in 2010 and later.
Memory Card Slots: You can transfer photos and videos stored on certain types of memory cards to the CS100. Slots are provided for CompactFlash and SD Memory cards on the front panel of the unit, behind a removable rubber cover. Supported cards include: CF card (Type I or II), SD memory card, SDHC memory card, and SDXC memory cards (UHS-I not compatible). CFast cards are not supported.
Organization: Once your photos and videos are loaded onto the CS100, they are automatically organized by date (month and year) or according to the shooting device. This gives you the ability to easily find specific photos or videos, and share them with others. A simple menu system allows you to easily create photo and video albums to help you find them easier.
HDMI: A full-sized HDMI output is provided for connecting the CS100 to your TV. The device must be connected to a TV so you can operate it while looking at the TV screen. The TV must have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720. TVs with lower resolutions are not compatible. Once connected to a TV, the CS100 can play back still images in up to Full HD resolution in slide show fashion. High bit-rate videos will play smoothly. You can specify the image transition time (2, 4, 6, or 8 seconds) and the type of transition between images (none or crossfade).
Backups: The Connect Station CS100 provides a secure way to store and backup all of your photos and videos. Instead of keeping your library on your laptop or desktop, you can store them in the 1 TB memory of the Connect Station. You can also make a copy or restore your photos and videos by connecting the CS100 to an external USB HDD.
Compatible Formats: The CS100 will accept photos and videos recorded in various file formats. The device will support JPEG, RAW (Canon's CR2 format only), MP4, MOV, and AVCHD file formats.
Web Browser: You can access, manage, view, and transfer your photos and videos using a web browser. Devices such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer, you can perform operations from virtually anywhere. Up to 5 terminals can be connected at one time. The CS100 is compatible with the following:
- Windows 8, Windows 7: Chrome version 38 or later
- iOS (OS version 6/7): Safari
- Android (OS version 4.2 or later): Chrome version 28 or later
Note: You must connect the Connect Station and the terminal to the same access point, router, etc. in advance.
Wireless Printing: You can print directly from the Connect Station CS100 to a compatible PictBridge (LAN or Wireless LAN)-enabled Canon PIXMA, SELPHY, or other printer via an access point or router.
Sharing: Using the Canon iMAGE Gateway, you can upload your photos and video files directly from the CS100 to select social networking sites or to other friends and family members with a Connect Station. You can send individual still image or movie files, or an entire album that you have created.
- Wireless LAN:
- Standards Compliance: IEEE802.11 b/g/n
- Transmission Range: 49.2 feet (15 meters)
- Transmission Frequency: 2.412-2.462 GHz; Channel: 1-11
- Security: WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Wired LAN: 10BASE-T, 100BASE-T, 1000BASE-T
- USB: Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0)
- HDMI Out: Type A, CEC-compatible
- Remote Control (CS-RC1):
- Transmission Range: approx. 32.8 feet
- Batteries: 2 x AAA
The Canon Connect Station CS100 replaces these items
- provides wireless external storage for your iOS® or Android smart device
- streams content to up to eight devices
- allows smart devices to wirelessly access media on SD memory cards and USB flash drives for convenient upload and sharing