About the Canon DM-E100
Step up your audio game
Step up your audio game
I love the image quality that my Canon DSLR offers when I'm shooting video. But the audio quality? Not as much. Cue the DM-E100! This compact stereo microphone mounts to your camera's hot shoe, and captures significantly higher quality audio than the camera's built-in mic.
Simply plug the signal cable into your camera's 3.5mm microphone input, and you're ready to go — no batteries or outboard power supplies are needed. You can even record outside with the included windscreen, which helps reduce wind noise and other unwanted peripheral sounds.
- compact stereo microphone for Canon DSLR and mirrorless cameras with a 3.5mm audio input
- captures significantly higher-quality audio than a camera's built-in mic
- unidirectional 120° coverage
- no batteries or outboard power supplies are needed
- included windscreen reduces wind noise and other unwanted peripheral sounds
- 1-1/4"W x 2-5/8"H x 3-1/2"D
- weight: 2.26 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4474C001
What's in the box:
- DM-E100 stereo microphone with attached 10" cable (right-angled 3.5mm plug)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon DM-E100
Overview: The Canon DM-E100 is a stereo microphone designed for use with select Canon cameras. Its compact, lightweight design makes it easy to use. It fits into the camera's hot shoe, and plugs into the camera's 3.5mm microphone input. The microphone has a unidirectional 120° pickup pattern, making it ideal for capturing audio in large areas, such as during a concert. The DM-E100 comes with a "hairy" windscreen to help eliminate unwanted wind noise.
Compatible Cameras: The DM-E100 is compatible with the following Canon cameras (as of January 2020):
- EOS 90D, EOS 80D, EOS 77D
- EOS Rebel SL3, EOS Rebel SL2, EOS Rebel T7i
- EOS M6 Mark II
- PowerShot G7 X Mark III
Power Requirements: The DM-E100 does not require batteries to operate. With Plug-In Power, the microphone gets its power from the camera through the 3.5mm audio jack.
- Type: Back electret stereo condenser-type stereo microphone
- Directivity: Unidirectional 120°
- Sensitivity: -40 dB ±4 dB (1 kHz, 0dB=1V/Pa)
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 10 kHz
- Output Impedance: 2k ohms or less
- Working Temperature Range: 32-104°F (0-40°C)
- Working Humidity: 85% or less
- Dimensions: Width 1.2", Height 2.588", Length 3.482"
- Weight: 2.26 ounces