About the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
This, quite simply, will be the most reliable and versatile day-in, day-out lens you can put on the front of your Canon DSLR. Why do we say that? Well, first of all, it's in the super-useful "standard" zoom range: 24-70mm for full-frame sensors, and 38.4-112mm on APS-C sensors, so you can get beautiful landscapes and intimate portraits within seconds of each other.
It's also a Canon "L-Series" lens, their premium designation. This means it has superb optics, ultra-quiet mechanical elements, and superior dust and water resistance. And with its maximum aperture of f/2.8, you'll have great light sensitivity to go with the subject-flattering shallow depth-of-field it can generate. If you don't know what photo opportunities await you, this lens is the best place to start your preparations.
- EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM standard zoom lens
- compatible with Canon EOS film and digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 24-70mm with full-frame digital or film cameras
- 38.4-112mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- Canon pro-quality L Series lens for superior image sharpness and durability
- one super-UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) and two standard UD glass elements for outstanding contrast and clarity edge-to-edge across the entire image
- ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast, silent autofocus
- improved dust and weather sealing
- minimum aperture: f/22
- minimum focus distance: 15 inches
- constructed of 18 elements in 13 groups
- filter size: 82mm
- lens is 4-3/4" long, 3-1/2" in diameter
- weight: 28.4 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood, lens caps, and soft case
- MFR # 5175B002
What's in the box:
- EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM lens
- 82mm Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- EW-88C lens hood
- LP1219 Lens case
- Warranty card
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Features & specs
|Mount Type||Canon EF-mount|
|Sensor Size||Full frame|
|Lens Type||Standard Zoom|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM lens is a standard zoom lens for Canon EOS cameras. The inner focus system and ring-type USM (ultrasonic motor) gives you faster, more precise auto focusing. The lens mount has a rubber ring for enhanced dust and water resistance. The 9-blade circular aperture diaphragm provides beautiful soft backgrounds, while the fluorine coating on the front and rear lens elements reduces smears and fingerprints.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether you're in manual or auto focus mode, the full-time focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject (One-shot AF), but manually change the focus by turning the focusing ring.
Focus Mode Switch: You can switch between Auto Focus and Manual Focus using the two-way AF/MF switch on the barrel of the lens.
Zoom Ring Lock: To keep the lens from inadvertently extending, you can lock the zoom ring to keep the lens at the shortest point.
Lens Hood: The EF 24-70mm lens comes with the EW-88C lens hood, which cuts out unwanted light and protects the front of the lens from rain, snow, and dust. The hood can be inverted and mounted backward on the lens for storage while not in use.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 24-70mm f/2.8
- Lens Construction: 18 elements in 13 groups (including 1 Super UD lens element, 2 UD lens elements, and two types of aspherical lens elements)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Maximum Magnification: 0.21x at 70mm
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 84°-34°
- Vertical: 53°-19°30'
- Horizontal: 74°-29°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.25' (0.38m)
- Diameter: 3.455"
- Length: 4.73" (5.263" with caps)
- Weight: 28.4 ounces
The Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM replaces these items
- standard zoom ideal for travel
- Micro Ultrasonic Motor for fast and quiet autofocus
- dust-and moisture-resistant construction
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?