About the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
Super wide. Super versatile.
Pair this ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with your Canon EOS SLR to get a huge field of view and versatile shooting options. Tour a house and fit almost every room into the frame from the doorway or threshold. Take a picture of your company's city headquarters that features the lobby and the top floor. Or capture sweeping, panoramic landscapes with superb sharpness all the way from the foreground into the distance. This lens' advanced rectilinear optical design lets you shoot images that are as wide as a typical fisheye lens, but keeps lines straight with minimal curvature throughout the zoom range. The large f/4 maximum aperture is available throughout the zoom range for bright, vibrant photos in all kinds of lighting conditions.
Superior speed, construction, and optical quality
It's an L series lens, so it's designed for durability and weather-resistance. And the optical elements are crafted to Canon's usual impeccable standards: four aspherical lens elements for distortion control, plus a super UD and UD element to help your wide-angle images to be as sharp and clear as they can be. This lens' ultra-sonic wave motor delivers fast, accurate, and silent focusing — perfect for shooting movies.
- EF 11-24mm f/4L USM ultra-wide zoom lens
- compatible with Canon EOS film and digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 11-24mm with full-frame digital or film cameras
- 17.6-38.4mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- Canon pro-quality L Series lens for superior image sharpness and durability
- rectilinear optical design delivers straight lines with minimal curvature throughout the zoom range
- ideal for architectural, real estate, forensic, wedding, and event photography
- one super-UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) and one UD glass element reduce chromatic aberration and deliver sharp images with high resolution
- four aspherical lens elements help minimize distortion from the center of the image to the periphery
- Sub-Wavelength Structure Coating (SWC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC) reduce flare and ghosting while enhancing light transmission for accurate color reproduction
- fluorine coating on front and rear surfaces helps reduce smears and fingerprints and makes lens easier to clean
- ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast, silent autofocus
- autofocus mode with full-time manual override
- 9-blade circular aperture
- dust and weather sealing
- built-in petal-type lens hood with light-shielding grooves
- minimum aperture: f/22
- minimum focus distance: 11 inches
- constructed of 16 elements in 11 groups
- filter size: rear insert-type filters only
- lens is 5-1/4" long, 4-5/16" in diameter
- weight: 41.6 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens caps and soft case
- MFR # 9520B002
What's in the box:
- EF 11-24mm F4L USM zoom lens
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- Temporary front lens cap (installed)
- Lens cap 1124
- LP1424 Soft lens case
- Warranty card
More details on the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
Overview: The Canon EF11-24mm f/4L USM lens is a high-performance ultra-wide angle zoom lens for Canon EOS full-frame and APS-C cameras. When used on APS-C cameras, the focal length is equivalent to 17.6-38.4mm. The lens is ideal for shooting landscapes, interior shots, and photos that provide a unique perspective on close-up and far away subjects. The lens has a tight seal structure that makes it dust- and moisture-resistant, allowing you to shoot in less-than-ideal conditions. It has a standard Canon EF-mount, and comes with front and rear lens caps, a built-in lens hood, and a padded storage case.
AF/MF Switch: A switch on the lens barrel lets you select Auto Focus (AF) or Manual Focus (MF). Full-time manual focus allows you to manually focus with the focus ring, even while the lens is in AF mode.
Rear Focus System: The lens utilizes a rear focus system and a ring USM (ultra-sonic motor) for fast, quiet auto-focusing.
Integrated Lens Hood: The EF11-24mm lens has an integrated lens hood that keeps unwanted light out of the lens, and protects the front element.
Lens Construction: The lens is constructed with 16 elements in 11 groups. It uses one Super UD element and one UD lens element to significantly reduce chromatic aberration. Four aspheric lens elements help minimize distortion from the center to the image to the edges, and across the entire zoom range.
Lens Coatings: The EF11-24mm features Subwavelength coating (SWC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC) to reduce flare and ghosting. A Fluorine coating on the front and rear lens surfaces helps to reduce smears and fingerprints.
Rear Insert Filter Holder: The lens has a gelatin filter holder located at the rear of the lens. You will need to cut the gelatin filter to fit within the provided frame, then insert the filter into the filter holder.
Optional Lens Extender: You can attach the optional Canon EF-12 II Extension Tube for magnified shots. With the EF-12, the focusing distance range becomes 7.4"-8" when zoomed all the way in to 24mm. The extension tube cannot be used with the lens zoomed out to 11mm.
- Focal Length: 11-24mm
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 11 groups
- Maximum Aperture: f/4
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Aperture Type: 9 blade circular
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.04" at 24mm, 11.4" at 16mm, 12.6" at 11mm
- Magnification: 0.16x at 24mm, 0.10x at 16mm, 0.06x at 11mm
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 126°05' to 84°
- Vertical: 95° to 53°
- Horizontal: 117°10' to 74°
- Filter Size: rear insert type
- Diameter: 4.255"
- Length: 5.445" (6.169" with lens caps)
- Weight: 41.6 ounces