About the Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM
Big reach in low light
Big reach in low light
While this fixed-focal-length lens may not be the right choice for everyday snapshots, it is a great way to get wide-aperture, long-lens reach while keeping down the impact on your wallet. This Canon EF 200mm f/2.8 lens delivers a 320mm equivalent on an APS-C camera, so when you lock this lens on the front of your Canon 70D or T5i, for example, you'll have a light-gathering long-lens solution that works for indoor and outdoor sports photography, or the back-of-the-auditorium shots during the school awards ceremony. Plus, when used at closer distances, you can capture striking, nicely isolated candids and portraits with well-defocused backgrounds.
Superb Canon optics make for a crisp, color-accurate image that features minimal vignetting and extremely low distortion across the entire image. And as it's a "prime" lens, it doesn't require as many heavy glass elements as a zoom lens that's in the same range/class, so it's lightweight and rugged at the same time.
- EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM telephoto lens
- compatible with Canon EOS film and digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 200mm with full-frame digital or film cameras
- 260mm with APS-H sensor cameras
- 320mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- Canon pro-quality L Series lens for superior image sharpness and durability
- two UD (ultra-low distortion) elements deliver sharper images with less chromatic aberration
- ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast, silent autofocus
- lightweight and durable
- dust-proof and water-resistant design
- available full-time manual focusing
- minimum focus distance: 4.92 feet
- lens construction: 9 elements in 7 groups
- filter size: 72mm
- lens is 5-5/8" long, 3-5/16" in diameter
- weight: 27 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- carrying case
- MFR # 2529A004
What's in the box:
- EF200mm f/2.8L II USM telephoto lens
- E-72 II front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- LP1222 Lens pouch
- ET-83BII Lens hood
- Instructions on CD-ROM
- EF Lens Quick Guide
- Warranty/Product Registration card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM
Features & specs
|Mount Type||Canon EF-mount|
|Sensor Size||Full frame|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Canon EF200mm f/2.8L II USM lens is a high-performance telephoto lens for use with Canon EOS cameras. The lens features a built-in Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for quick and quiet autofocusing. The lens is constructed of 9 elements in 7 groups, including UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements for excellent imaging capability.
Focus Modes: The EF200 lens is equipped with a two-way switch for setting the Focus Mode. You can choose from AF (auto focus) or MF (manual focus). In Manual Focus mode, you can focus on your subject by turning the focus ring. The focusing ring always works, regardless of the focus mode.
Focus Range Switch: You can switch between two focusing ranges using the two-way switch on the barrel of the lens. You can choose from a range of 1.5 meters (4.9') to infinity, or a range of 3.5 meters (11.5') to infinity. Depending on your subject matter, the correct choice of focus range can reduce the auto focusing time.
Lens Hood: The included ET-83BII lens hood cuts out unwanted light and protects the lens from rain, snow, and dust. You can reverse-mount the lens hood on the lens for storage.
Optional Tripod Mount: The optional A II (B) tripod mount ring (sold separately) allows you to mount the camera onto a tripod by the lens instead of the camera body.
Optional Lens Extenders: The lens is compatible with EF1.4x II and EF2x II lens extenders (sold separately). The extenders will increase the focal length to 280mm (EF1.4x) and 400mm (EF2x).
- Focal Length: 200mm
- Minimum Aperture: f/32
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Focus Distance: 4.9 feet
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 12°
- Vertical: 7°
- Horizontal: 10°
- Dimensions: 3.28" Diameter, 5.589" Length, 27 Ounces
The Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM replaces these items
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 288mm
- ideal for close-up, portrait, and nature photography
- compatible with Canon digital and autofocus film SLR cameras
1 question already asked