About the Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM
Canon's EF 20mm f/2.8 lens gives you wide-angle shooting versatility and sharp, richly colored images. Its short focal length and large maximum aperture make it ideal for flash-free indoor photography, and for capturing full-length people shots or an entire building in a single frame. It also offers an extra-close focusing distance for taking detailed closeups and interesting portraits.
This lens gives you precise, silent auto focusing using advanced Canon optics and a powerful ultrasonic motor (USM). A wide, easy-to-use focusing ring allows full-time manual focus and lets you instantly override the auto focus system whenever necessary with just a twist.
Need a case for your camera's lens? Check out Tamrac's lens compatibility chart to find a case that fits (requires Adobe® Reader®).
- EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon wide-angle lens
- compatible with Canon digital and autofocus film SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 20mm with 35mm film or full-frame digital cameras
- 32mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- ideal for landscapes, architectural photography, tight interior or group shots
- USM (Ultrasonic Motor) for fast, silent focusing
- auto focus system allows full-time manual focus override with lens still in AF mode
- minimum focus distance: 9.6 in.
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 11 elements in 9 groups
- attachment/filter size: 72mm
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter, 3-1/8" long
- weight: 14.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 2509A003
What's in the box:
- EF 20mm f/2.8 USM lens
- Lens cover (installed)
- Back cover (installed)
- Warranty Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM
Features & specs
|Mount Type||Canon EF-mount|
|Sensor Size||Full frame|
|Lens Type||Ultra-wide angle|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM is an ultra-wide-angle lens for serious applications. The lens is easy to hold and carry at 14.3 oz. (405g). the EF 20mm f/2.8 USM lens features a floating rear focusing system that obtains sharp images at all subject distances.
Compatibility: The EF 20mm f/2.8 USM is an EF Canon lens which means it is compatible with all Canon digital SLRs (those that accept EF and EF-S lenses, plus those that accept EF only; which would be the Full-frame EOS 5D Mark II), as well as Canon EOS film SLRs.
Lens Construction: The Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM lens features a lens construction with 11 elements in 9 groups.
Diagonal Angle Of View: This Canon wide-angle lens provides a diagonal angle of view of 94°.
Ultrasonic Motor (USM): With the Ultrasonic Motor (USM), you can expect fast and quiet focusing capability.
Auto/Manual Focus: To shoot in Autofocus mode, set the focus mode switch on the lens to "AF". To manually focus the camera, set the switch to "MF", and focus by turning the focusing ring. The focusing ring always works, regardless of the focus mode.
Focusing Range: You can set the focusing distance range from 10" to infinity. By setting a suitable focusing distance range, the autofocusing time will be shorter.
Infinity Compensation Mark: To compensate for shifting of the infinity focus point that results from changes in temperature, the lens features an Infinity Compensation Mark. The infinity position at normal temperature is the point at which the vertical line of the L mark is aligned with the distance indicator on the distance scale.
Infrared Index: The infrared index corrects the focus setting when using monochrome infrared film. Focus on the subject manually, then adjust the distance setting by moving the focusing ring to the corresponding infrared index mark.
Optional Accessories: You can attach optional filters to the filter mounting thread on the front of the lens. You can also attach an optional lens hood.
The Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM replaces these items
- 20mm f/1.8 wide-angle lens is designed for full frame cameras but also functions on APS-C cameras
- super wide-angle field of view and impressive light gathering make this a perfect lens for landscapes, architecture, and subdued-light interiors
- rear focus system minimizes color fringing, keeping image quality high across the entire frame
- 15mm f/2.8 diagonal fisheye lens is designed for full frame cameras but also offers limited function on APS-C cameras
- ultra-wide field of view is ideal for artistic shots and unusual perspectives of weddings, sports, and underwater subjects
- Super Multi-Layer Coating minimizes reflections and flare