About the Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM
Canon designed this pro-quality lens for premium performance with their EOS SLR cameras. It produces vibrant wide-angle images when you pair it with a full-frame camera like the EOS 5D. An extremely large maximum aperture makes it ideal for shooting in lower-light environments. Use this lens on your camera to take group photos at dusk without using a flash, or snap pictures of a vast skyline from the top of a building.
Superior optics ensure you'll get crystal-clear, high-contrast images. Your photos will be clear and detailed across the entire field of view — from one edge to the other — thanks to two aspherical elements. Two UD lens elements help to minimize chromatic aberration, and a special lens coating virtually eliminates ghosting and flaring caused by off-axis sun rays. A powerful ultrasonic motor (USM) provides silent, precise auto focusing.
- EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM lens
- compatible with Canon EOS SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 24mm with full-frame digital or film cameras
- 38.4mm on APS-C sensor cameras
- Canon L Series lens with two aspherical elements for superior image quality
- two UD lens elements minimize chromatic aberrations
- selectable full-time manual focusing
- Ultrasonic Motor for fast, silent autofocus
- minimum aperture: f/22
- minimum focus distance: 9.84 inches
- constructed of 13 elements in 10 groups
- filter size: 77mm
- lens is 3-5/16" in diameter, 3-3/4" long
- weight: 22.9 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- EW-83K lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- soft lens case
- MFR # 2750B002
What's in the box:
- EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM lens
- E-77U Lens cap (installed)
- Back dust cap (installed)
- EW-83K Lens hood
- LP1319 Soft carrying pouch
- Warranty Card
Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM
Overview: The Canon EF24mm f/1.4L II USM lens is an L-series, fixed length wide angle lens for Canon EOS cameras. The lens has two high-precision, large-diameter aspherical and UD lens elements, which result in outstanding image delineation. The lens includes the LP1319 Lens Case and the EW-83K Lens Hood.
Sub Wavelength Coating (SWC): The lens elements have a newly-designed anti-reflective SWC (Sub Wavelength Coating) that minimizes ghosting and flaring across the lens surface, regardless of the angle with which light enters or exits.
Ultrasonic Motor (USM): The EF24mm lens is equipped with an Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for silent, high-speed auto focusing.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether you're in manual or auto focus mode, the focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually change the focus by turning the focusing ring.
Focus Mode Switch: You can switch between Auto Focus and Manual Focus using the two-way AF/MF switch on the barrel of the lens.
Lens Hood: The lens kit includes the EW-83K lens hood to keep unwanted light out of the lens, and protects the front of the lens. The hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens for storage. When installed, the hood adds approximately 2-3/16" to the overall length and 15/16" to the overall diameter of the lens.
Optional Filters: The EF24mm lens has a 77mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 24mm f/1.4
- Lens Construction: 13 elements in 10 groups
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Maximum Magnification: 0.17x
- Field of View: 5.5" x 8.2" (at 9.84")
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 84°
- Vertical: 53°
- Horizontal: 74°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.84" (0.25m)
- Supplied Accessories:
- Lens Hood: EW-83K
- Lens Cap: E-77U
- Case: LP1319
- Diameter: 3.286"
- Length: 3.725" (4.267" with caps)
- Weight: 22.9 ounces