About the Canon EF 28-300mm Lens
Pro-quality telephoto zoom lens
Pro-quality telephoto zoom lens
Pair your Canon SLR camera with this pro-quality zoom lens to enjoy powerful telephoto shooting and a large, flexible zoom range. The versatile EF 28-300mm works with both digital SLR cameras and conventional 35mm autofocus SLR film cams. You get an impressive 480mm ultra telephoto focal length when using it with an APS-C sensor digital camera. With a full-frame digital or 35mm film camera, you can capture creative compositions at the 28mm wide angle setting.
Image stabilization for blur-free photos
Built-in image stabilization technology helps minimize the effects of camera shake for capturing crisp, in-focus photographs in all sorts of lighting conditions. You'll see the difference that pro-quality glass makes in every brilliant, high-contrast shot. Find out why Canon L Series lenses are world-renowned for superior optics and rugged reliability.
- EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM telephoto zoom lens
- compatible with Canon EOS film and digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 28-300mm with 35mm film or full-frame digital cameras
- 45-480mm with APS-C sensor digital cameras
- Canon pro-quality L Series lens for superior image sharpness and durability
- Image Stabilization allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times (up to three stops slower shutter speed)
- ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast, silent autofocus
- available full-time manual focusing
- 3 Ultra-low dispersion (UD) glass elements and aspherical glass elements for superior image quality
- zoom lock at any focal length to prevent unwanted barrel extension
- push-pull zoom mechanism
- rugged dust-proof and drip-proof design for working in harsh environments
- minimum focus distance: 2.3 feet (through entire zoom range)
- minimum aperture: f/22 (at 28mm) to f/38 (at 300mm)
- lens construction: 22 elements in 16 groups
- aperture blades: 8 (circular aperture)
- attachment/filter size: 77mm
- lens is 3-5/8" in diameter, 7-1/4" long
- weight: 59.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- tripod mounting ring
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 9322A002
What's in the box:
- EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM lens
- Lens cap (installed)
- Back cover (installed)
- EW-83G Lens hood
- Tripod mounting ring
- Instruction book
- Warranty card
Canon EF 28-300mm Lens reviews
Works really well for me. Very versatile. The only thing is hard to do is use it on video and slide from 28-300 while rec. It tends to move, a lot...
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Canon EF 28-300mm Lens
Overview: The Canon EF28-300mm F3.5-5.6L IS USM lens is a high-power zoom lens for Canon EOS cameras. It covers a wide range of focal lengths from wide angle to telephoto. The lens features a built-in Image Stabilizer (IS), as well as an Ultrasonic Motor (USM). The lens is constructed of 22 aspheric and UD lens elements in 16 groups for truly exceptional imaging capability.
Image Stabilizer (IS): The built-in Image Stabilizer can be used in the AF (autofocus) or MF (manual focus) modes. The Image Stabilizer gives the equivalent effect of a shutter speed three stops faster. Two 2-position switches located on the barrel of the lens allow you to turn the image stabilizer on and off, and switch between stabilizer modes 1 and 2:
- Mode 1: used for normal photography; provides image stabilization in all directions
- Mode 2: used for continuous shots of moving photography; provides image stabilization only in the direction of the camera movement
Ultrasonic Motor (USM): The EF28-300mm lens is equipped with a ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for silent, high-speed auto focusing.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether you're in manual or auto focus mode, the focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually change the focus by turning the focusing ring.
Focus Range Switch: You can switch between two focusing ranges using the two-way switch on the barrel of the lens. You can choose a range of 0.7m/2.3 feet to infinity or 2.5m/8.2 feet to infinity. Depending on your subject matter, the correct choice of focus range can reduce the autofocusing time.
Zoom Ring: The lens has a push-pull type zoom ring. You can adjust the zooming "touch" if you desire more or less resistance. You can also lock in any focal length.
Lens Hood/Tripod Mount: Also included with the camera are the EW-83G lens hood and a revolving tripod mount. The lens hood can keep unwanted light out of the lens, and protect the lens from rain, snow, and dust. You can reverse-mount the lens hood on the lens for storage. The tripod mount ring allows you to mount the camera onto a tripod by the lens instead of the camera body. The ring can be loosened to allow you to quickly change between vertical and horizontal positions.
Optional Filters: The EF28-300mm lens has a 77mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters.
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 at 28mm, f/38 at 300mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5 at 28mm, f/5.6 at 300mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.3 feet or 0.7 meters
- Diagonal Angle of View: 75° to 8° 15'
- Dimensions: 3.6" Diameter, 7.2" Length, 3.7 Pounds