About the Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Experienced photographers know that wide-aperture, wide-angle lenses like this Canon EF 35mm f/2 have a usefulness that is only exceeded by their image quality. Add Canon's image stabilization to the recipe — assisted by ultra-quiet USM autofocusing — and you have a lens that's perfect for shooting indoors with available light. On full-frame cameras, you'll likely get most of the room in the picture without the need for a flash unit, and on an APS-C sensor camera, your field-of-view will be similar to that of your own eye.
Of course, this lens will excel in outdoor situations as well. With Canon's legendary high-quality optical elements and the elegantly uncomplicated construction of a fixed focal length lens, you'll keep your subjects sharp and clear while creating lush, creamy out-of-focus backgrounds when the aperture is set wide. Try this lens at a small party for candids you'll enjoy for a lifetime.
- 35mm f/2 wide-angle lens
- compatible with all Canon digital and film EOS SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 35mm with full-frame sensor digital or 35mm film cameras
- 56mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- minimum focus distance: 9.6"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- maximum aperture: f/2
- Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for quiet, rapid autofocus
- image stabilization allows in-focus shots with slower shutter speeds for more options in low light
- lens construction: 10 elements in 8 groups
- attachment/filter size: 67mm
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter, 2-3/4" long
- weight: 11.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 5178B002
What's in the box:
- EF35mm F2 IS USM lens
- E-67 II Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- Warranty card
More details on the Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Overview: The Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM lens is a fixed focal length, wide angle lens for Canon EOS cameras. The lens has a redesigned mechanical and optical structure, including a GMo aspherical lens element for high image quality. The rear focus system and ring-type USM (ultrasonic motor) gives you faster, more precise auto focusing. The 8-blade circular aperture diaphragm provides soft backgrounds, while the optimized lens coatings minimize ghosting and flare.
Note: When the lens is mounted onto an EOS camera with an APS-C sized image sensor, the equivalent focal length is 56mm.
Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS): The Canon Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) system delivers the equivalent effect of 4 stops and can detect normal shooting or panning. It automatically switches to the optimal IS mode when camera shake is detected. You can turn the OIS on or off using the 2-way switch on the lens barrel.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether you're in manual or auto focus mode, the full-time focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually change the focus by turning the focusing ring.
Focus Mode Switch: You can switch between Auto Focus and Manual Focus using the two-way AF/MF switch on the barrel of the lens.
Optional Accessories: The following Canon accessories are available for the EF35mm lens:
- EW-72 lens hood
- EF12 II extension tube
- EF25 II extension tube
- LP1116 lens case
- 67mm lens filters
- Focal Length/Aperture: 35mm f/2
- Lens Construction: 10 elements in 8 groups
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Maximum Magnification: 0.24x
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 63°
- Vertical: 38°
- Horizontal: 54°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.48" (0.24m)
- Diameter: 3.058"
- Length: 2.716" (3.424" with caps)
- Weight: 11.8 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?