About the Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
If you own a Canon DSLR, this lens will fast become part of your essential traveling kit. Its "pancake" profile and low weight make it too portable to ignore, and when you add Canon's impeccable build quality and the lens' light sensitivity into the equation, it all adds up to "I have to have one."
You can shoot a huge variety of subjects, near and far, with this lens due to its versatile fixed focal length: 40mm on full-frame sensors/35mm film cameras, and 64mm on APS-C sensors. And the newly designed stepping motor for the autofocus system is incredibly quiet, making it perfect for video capture.
- EF 40mm f/2.8 STM (stepping autofocus motor)
- compatible with Canon digital and autofocus film SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 40mm with 35mm film or full-frame digital cameras
- 64mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- lightweight, low-profile "normal" lens is truly versatile
- ultra-quiet autofocus stepping motor for responsive yet silent video shooting
- consistent image quality across the frame
- internal focusing system maintains constant lens length
- optimized coatings and an aspherical element preserve sharpness and minimize flares
- minimum focus distance: 1.81" (from film or sensor plane to subject)
- minimum aperture: f22
- lens construction: 6 elements in 4 groups
- diaphragm blades: 7
- attachment/filter size: 52mm
- front and rear lens caps supplied
- lens is 2-11/16" in diameter, 1-3/16" long
- weight: 4.6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 6310B002
What's in the box:
- EF40mm f/2.8 STM lens
- 52mm Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- Warranty/Registration card
Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Overview: The Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM is an ultra-slim, standard single focal point lens. This lightweight lens weighs only 4.6 oz. (130g).
Compatibility: The EF 40mm f/2.8 STM has a standard Canon EF mount, and is compatible with all Canon digital SLRs, as well as Canon EOS film SLRs. It has a focal length of 40mm with 35mm film and full-frame digital cameras. With APS-C sensor cameras, the focal length is 64mm.
Lens Construction: The Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM lens features a lens construction with 6 elements in 4 groups.
Diagonal Angle Of View: This Canon standard telephoto lens provides a diagonal angle of view of 57° 30'.
Auto/Manual Focus: The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 0.98'. To shoot in Autofocus mode, set the focus mode switch on the lens to "AF". To manually focus the camera, set the switch to "MF", and focus by turning the focusing ring. The focusing ring always works, regardless of the focus mode.
Stepping Motor (STM): The lens provides smooth and quiet continuous Auto Focus due to the newly developed stepping motor.
Optional Accessories: The lens has a filter diameter of 52mm. Optional filters and a lens hood can be attached to the lens, if desired.