About the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
This Canon 50mm lens features a remarkable ultra-large f/1.2 aperture for an extremely narrow depth of field, letting you shoot close subjects in focus against softly blurred backgrounds. The large maximum aperture also gathers lots of light to give you an ultra-bright view through your viewfinder, and it lets you use faster shutter speeds to "freeze" moving subjects. This lens is ideal for taking great-looking photos at twilight, or indoors without a flash.
You'll get precise, silent focusing, thanks to advanced Canon optics and a powerful ultra sonic motor (USM). The lens coating and construction minimize ghosting and flare.
- EF 50mm f/1.2L USM lens
- compatible with Canon EOS digital SLR cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras: 80mm
- Canon pro-quality L Series lens for superior image sharpness and durability
- USM (ultra sonic motor) for fast, silent focusing
- auto focus system allows full-time manual focus override with lens still in AF mode
- ideal for portrait photography
- minimum focal distance: 18"
- constructed of 8 elements in 6 groups
- filter size: 72mm
- lens is 3-7/16" in diameter, 2-15/16" long
- weight: 20.8 oz.
- includes lens hood and soft carrying pouch
- front and rear lens caps supplied
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1257B002
What's in the box:
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM owner's manual
- EF50mm f/1.2L USM lens
- E-72U Lens cap (installed)
- Back dust cap (installed)
- ES-78 Lens hood
- LP1214 Soft carrying pouch
- Warranty Card
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
Features & specs
|Mount Type||Canon EF-mount|
|Sensor Size||Full frame|
|Lens Type||Medium telephoto|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Canon EF50mm f/1.2L USM lens is an L-series, fixed length medium telephoto lens for Canon EOS cameras. The lens has a high-precision, large-diameter aspheric lens element for excellent imaging performance, even at maximum aperture. The truly round aperture hole gives you the narrow depth of field and soft background blur so loved by photographers. The lens includes the LP1214 Lens Case and the ES-78 Lens Hood.
Ultrasonic Motor (USM): The EF50mm lens is equipped with an Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for silent, high-speed auto focusing.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether you're in manual or auto focus mode, the focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually change the focus by turning the focusing ring.
Focus Mode Switch: You can switch between Auto Focus and Manual Focus using the two-way AF/MF switch on the barrel of the lens.
Lens Hood: The lens kit includes the ES-78 lens hood to keep unwanted light out of the lens, and protects the front of the lens. The hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens for storage. When installed, the hood adds approximately 1-5/8" to the overall length and 1/2" to the overall diameter of the lens.
Optional Filters: The EF50mm lens has a 72mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 50mm f/1.2
- Lens Construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Maximum Magnification: 0.15x
- Field of View: 6.5" x 9.8" (at 18")
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 46°
- Vertical: 27°
- Horizontal: 40°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 18" (0.45m)
- Supplied Accessories:
- Lens Hood: ES-78
- Lens Cap: E-72U
- Case: LP1214
- Diameter: 3.393"
- Length: 2.89" (3.414" with caps)
- Weight: 20.8 ounces
Amazing pictures. f1.2 is something I can appreciate. Though it is pricey. 50mm 1.8 vs 50mm 1.2, a $1500 difference? It can be hard to justify for that price difference.
hef321 from Baton Rouge