About the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Pair your Canon digital SLR with this high-quality 50mm lens to capture crisp, sparkling-clear images. Its large maximum aperture of f/1.4 gathers lots of light to give you an ultra-bright view through your viewfinder, plus it means you can use faster shutter speeds to "freeze" moving subjects. This lens is also ideal for taking great-looking photos at twilight, or indoors without a flash. Its 50mm focal length also makes it an excellent choice for portraits and all-around picture taking.
- 50mm f/1.4 standard lens
- compatible with Canon digital and autofocus film SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 50mm with film and full-frame sensor Canon digital cameras
- 80mm with APS-C sensor Canon cameras
- large maximum aperture (f/1.4) for better low-light shooting and depth-of-field control
- Micro USM (Ultrasonic Motor) for fast autofocusing
- auto focus system allows full-time manual focus override with lens still in AF mode
- minimum focus distance: 18"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 7 elements in 6 groups
- diaphragm blades: 8
- attachment/filter size: 58mm
- lens is 2-15/16" in diameter, 2-5/16" long
- weight: 10-1/4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 2515A003
What's in the box:
- EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens
- Lens cap (installed)
- Back cover (installed)
- Limited Warranty Card
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Overview: The Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM is a standard/medium telephoto lens featuring superb quality and portability. Two high-refraction lens elements and new Gaussian optics eliminate astigmatism and suppress astigmatic difference. Crisp images with little flare are obtained even at the maximum aperture. The Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM is an ideal lens to accompany a zoom when shooting in low-light conditions. It is the only lens in the Canon EF System line-up to combine the extra-small Micro USM and still provide full-time manual focusing.
Compatibility: The EF 50mm f/1.4 USM is an EF Canon lens which means it is compatible with all Canon digital SLRs (those that accept EF and EF-S lenses, plus those that accept EF only; which would be the Full-frame EOS 5D Mark II), as well as Canon EOS film SLRs.
Lens Construction: The Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 lens features a lens construction with 7 elements in 6 groups.
Diagonal Angle Of View: This Canon standard telephoto lens provides a diagonal angle of view of 46°.
Ultrasonic Motor (USM): With the Ultrasonic Motor (USM), you can expect fast and quiet focusing capability.
Auto/Manual Focus: To shoot in Autofocus mode, set the focus mode switch on the lens to "AF". To manually focus the camera, set the switch to "MF", and focus by turning the focusing ring. The focusing ring always works, regardless of the focus mode.
Optional Accessories: You can attach optional filters to the filter mounting thread on the front of the lens. You can also attach an optional lens hood.
The Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM replaces these items
- lens is designed for full-frame cameras but is compatible with APS-C cameras as well
- ideal for portrait photography
- Canon pro-quality L Series lens