About the Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM
Make room in tight spaces
Make room in tight spaces
It's a fisheye lens at 8mm. It's an extreme wide angle lens at 15mm. And it zooms. This pioneering triple threat L Series lens is just the thing for shooting in cramped quarters, capturing that expansive landscape, or fitting all of your family into a fun (and funky) reunion portrait. On a full-frame sensor like the one in Canon's EOS 5D Mark II, it gives you the opportunity for either circular or full-frame fisheye images with a full 180 degree field-of-view.
Professional-grade optics for exceptional performance
UD glass and an aspherical element help this handy addition to your kit bag stay free of chromatic aberration through its entire range. Your images will stay crisp and sharp without any color fringing. And, like all L Series lenses, it features robust construction and superior weather resistance. Fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements resist dust and dirt.
- EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM zoom lens
- compatible with Canon APS-C, APS-H, and full frame format EOS SLR cameras
- UD (ultra-low dispersion) glass lens element corrects chromatic aberration for excellent image quality throughout the zoom range
- ring-type ultrasonic motor for fast and silent autofocus
- constructed of 14 elements in 11 groups
- minimum focus distance: 6"
- minimum aperture: f22
- filter size: rear gel holder accepts up to 3 pre-cut gels
- lens is 3-1/8" long, 3-5/16" in diameter
- front and rear lens caps included
- weight: 19 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4427B002
What's in the box:
- EF 8-15 mm f/4L Fisheye USM lens
- Front lens cap (installed)
- Back lens cap (installed)
- EW-77 Lens hood (installed)
- Padded lens pouch
- Warranty card
Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM reviews
More details on the Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM
Overview: The Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM lens is an L-series, fisheye zoom lens for Canon EOS cameras. It allows you to take extreme wide angle and fisheye photos.
Ultrasonic Motor (USM): The EF 8-15mm lens is equipped with an Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for silent, high-speed auto focusing.
Zoom Ring: With the 8-15mm lens, zooming is performed by rotating the zoom ring (closest to the camera body). Markings are provided at 8, 10, 12, 14, and 15mm.
Zoom Limiter: The zoom limiter allows you to take wide-angle photos with the focus set at infinity without vignetting when using a camera with an APS-C image sensor by limiting the zoom range. The Zoom Limiter can be set with the zoom ring between 10mm and 15mm. The Zoom Limiter is a slide switch on the side of the lens.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether you're in manual or auto focus mode, the focusing ring (closest to the end of the lens) always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually change the focus by turning the focusing ring.
Focus Mode Switch: You can switch between Auto Focus and Manual Focus using the two-way AF/MF switch on the barrel of the lens.
C and H Markings: The lens has markings to serve as guides to indicate the wide-angle zoom position where focus is set at infinity. At these positions, photos can be created with vignetting when using EOS digital cameras installed with APC-C or APS-H image sensors.
Lens Hood: The lens kit includes the EW-77 lens hood to keep unwanted light out of the lens, and protects the front of the lens. The hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens for storage. When installed, the hood adds approximately 1/2" to the overall length and 3/8" to the overall diameter of the lens.
Gel Filter Holder: The EF 8-15mm lens has a gelatin filter holder at the rear of the lens. Once you have trimmed the gelatin filter to the proper size, it can be inserted into the filter holder.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 8-15mm f/4
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Maximum Magnification: 0.34x (center of image, telephoto end)
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 180° to 175°30'
- Vertical: 180° to 91°46'
- Horizontal: 180° to 142°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.5' (0.15m)
- Supplied Accessories:
- Lens Hood: EW-77
- Lens Cap: Lens Cap 8-15
- Case: LP1219
- Diameter: 3.452" (with lens hood)
- Length: 4.212" (with caps and lens hood)
- Weight: 19 ounces