About the Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens
This moderate wide-angle Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 "pancake" lens is part of the new family of Canon EF-M mount lenses specifically made for the Canon EOS M camera. The EOS M is already a solid low-light performer, so it'll be even more versatile with this bright f/2 lens on the front. Its quiet autofocus and useful 35mm equivalent focal length make this an ideal lens for pro-level video results as well.
- EF-M 22mm f/2 STM moderate wide-angle lens with 35mm equivalent of 35mm
- compatible with the Canon EOS M mirrorless hybrid digital camera
- minimum focus distance: 6 inches
- constructed of 7 elements in 6 groups
- filter size: 43mm
- lens is 1-3/16" long, 2-7/16" in diameter
- front and rear lens caps included
- weight: 3.7 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 5985B002
What's in the box:
- EF-M 22mm F2 STM lens
- E-43 Front lens cap (installed)
- EB Rear lens cap (installed)
- Warranty card
More details on the Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens
Overview: The Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM lens is an EF-M series, medium wide-angle lens for Canon EOS M cameras. It has the EF-M mount, which is compatible only with EOS M cameras. The lens is ultra-slim and compact, so you can carry it anywhere.
Stepping Motor (STM): The lens is equipped with a stepping motor (STM), which provides smooth and quiet continuous auto focus during video shooting.
Aperture: The EF-M 22mm has a 7-blade circular aperture, which delivers soft-focus backgrounds and a short minimum focusing distance (5.88").
Focusing Ring: Whether you're in auto focus or manual focus mode on the camera, the full-time manual focusing feature allows you to focus on the subject using the focus ring on the lens. There is no focus mode switch on the lens.
Optional Lens Hood/Case: The optional EW-43 lens hood can be added to keep unwanted light out of the lens, and protects the lens from rain, snow, and dust. The optional LP811 lens case will protect the lens when not in use.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 22mm f/2 (35mm film format equivalent: 35mm)
- Lens Construction: 6 groups, 7 elements
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Maximum Magnification: 0.21x
- Filter Diameter: 43mm
- Field of View: approx. 2.83" x 4.29"
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 63° 30'
- Vertical: 37° 50'
- Horizontal: 54° 30'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 5.88"
- Diameter: 2.399"
- Length: 1.181" (1.691" with caps)
- Weight: 3.7 ounces