About the Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM
Tame the light
Canon's EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens is great for expressive portraits, candid street scenes, close-ups, and detail shots. Its 51mm 35mm equivalent focal length is perfect for capturing your surroundings from a natural perspective. With its large maximum aperture, this lens excels indoors and in low light. The lens's stepping motor (STM) makes autofocusing smooth, fast, and quiet, so it's perfect for movies as well as still photos.
- Lens type: EF-M mount APS-C
- designed for use with Canon EOS M series mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 51mm
- stepping motor (STM) provides smooth and quiet continuous autofocus for photos and video
- Super Spectra coating for crisp, clear images
- 0.25X maximum magnification for excellent close-up images
- minimum focus distance: 0.76'
- lens construction: 14 elements in 8 groups
- 1 glass-molded aspherical element for excellent image quality
- 7-blade circular aperture for smooth background defocusing
- filter diameter: 43mm
- lens is 2-7/16" in diameter, 2-1/4" long
- weight: 8.3 oz.
- includes front and rear lens caps and lens case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2439C002
What's in the box:
- EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens
- E-43 43mm lens cap (installed)
- EB Rear lens cap (installed)
- EF Lens Instructions
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM
Overview: The Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens is an EF-M series standard prime lens for Canon EOS M cameras. It has the EF-M mount, which is compatible only with EOS M cameras. The lens is ultra-slim and compact, so you can carry it anywhere.
Stepping Motor (STM): The lens is equipped with a stepping motor (STM), which provides smooth and quiet continuous auto focus during video shooting.
Aperture: The EF-M 32mm has a 7-blade circular aperture, which delivers soft-focus backgrounds and a short minimum focusing distance (9.12").
Focusing Ring: Whether you're in auto focus or manual focus mode on the camera, the full-time manual focusing feature allows you to focus on the subject using the focus ring on the lens. There is no focus mode switch on the lens.
Focusing Distance Range: The lens features a switch that lets you manage the focusing distance range. In the Full position, the lens will focus on objects 0.76' (9.12") to infinity. You can shorten the focusing distance range to 1.64' (19.68") to infinity by setting the switch to the 0.5m-∞ position.
Optional Lens Hood/Case: The optional ES-60 lens hood can be added to keep unwanted light out of the lens, and protects the lens from rain, snow, and dust. The optional LP1014 lens case will protect the lens when not in use.
- Focal Length: 32mm
- 35mm Film Format Equivalent: 51mm
- Lens Construction: 8 groups, 14 elements
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Maximum Magnification: 0.25x
- Filter Diameter: 43mm (E-43)
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 46° 10'
- Vertical: 26° 30'
- Horizontal: 39°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.76' (9.12")
- Diameter: 2.397"
- Length: 2.509" (2.969" with caps)
- Weight: 8.3 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?