About the Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM
Discover new worlds of photographic detail with this macro lens from Canon. Designed to work exclusively with their APS-C sensor digital SLR cameras, it lets you take razor-sharp, lifelike close-ups. Everyday objects will produce dramatic, frame filling images — count the grains of pollen clinging to a flower's stamen or get a clear view of the veins in a dragonfly's wing.
This lens gives you precise, silent focusing using advanced Canon optics and a powerful ultra sonic motor (USM). When focused as closely as possible, it offers a generous working distance of nearly 4" between the front lens element and your subject to avoid contact or interference. Plus, its medium telephoto focal length (96mm) also makes this an ideal lens for shooting potraits of your favorite people.
- EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens with 35mm equivalent of 96mm
- compatible with Canon APS-C sensor digital SLR cameras only
- USM (ultra sonic motor) for fast, silent focusing
- auto focus system allows full-time manual focus override with lens still in AF mode
- special lens coatings minimize reflections and flare
- ideal for close-up, portrait, and available light shooting
- working distance: 3-1/2" from front of lens to subject at life-size (1:1) magnification
- focus range: 7-15/16" to infinity
- accepts MR-14EX Macro Ring Light
- constructed of 12 elements in 8 groups
- filter size: 52mm
- lens is 2-7/8" in diameter, 2-13/16" long
- weight: 13.4 oz.
- front and rear lens caps supplied
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 0284B002
What's in the box:
- EF-S60 mm f/2.8 macro lens
- E-52mm Lens cap (installed)
- Back cover (installed)
- Limited warranty card
- Multi-lingual Manual
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM
Product Overview: This item is a macro lens that can be used for normal photography and close-up pictures up to 1:1 (or life size magnification). With the Ultrasonic Motor (USM), you can expect fast and quiet focusing capability. This lens can be used with Canon digital SLR cameras that can use the EF-S lenses.
Auto/Manual Focus: To shoot in Autofocus mode, set the focus mode switch on the lens to "AF". To manually focus the camera, set the switch to "MF", and focus by turning the focusing ring. The focusing ring always works, regardless of the focus mode.
Normal/Close-up Picture Taking: You can use this lens to take normal photographs or close-ups. For normal photography, the lens can be a medium-telephoto lens equivalent to 96mm in the 35mm format. For close-ups photos up to 1x (life-size) magnification, the minimum focusing distance is 20cm from the subject to the film plane. The working distance from the lens to the subject is 9cm. When focusing, you can give priority to framing or to magnification.
Distance Information: The shooting distance scale, located on the barrel of the lens, is graduated in feet and meters from 0.2m (0.66 ft.) to 1m (3ft) to infinity. For accurate manual focusing on subjects at Infinity distance, look through the viewfinder while rotating the focusing ring.
Optional Accessories (available from Canon): Compatible optional accessories include: Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX, Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX, ET-67B hood, Close-up 52mm Lenses (250D, 500, or 500D), up to two 52mm filters, Gelatin Filter Holders III and IV, Extension Tubes EF 12 or EF25.
- Filter Diameter: 52mm /2.0"
- Focal Length: 60mm
- Aperture Range: f/32 to f/2.8
- Maximum Magnification: 1x
- Field of View: 15.1 x 22.7mm/0.6 x 0.9"
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 8 groups
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 0.2m/0.66ft
- Maximum Diameter and Length of lens (without front and back lens caps): 2.860" Dia x 2.776" L (when attached to camera), 3.149" total L
- Physical Dimensions:
- Without Lens Hood or Lens Caps: Length=4.912" to 7.493", Diameter=2.909"
- With Lens Hood and Lens Caps: Length=7.045" to 9.657", Diameter=3.342"
- Weight: 335g/11.8 oz
Warranty Terms: Canon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?