About the Canon EF-S 10-22mm USM
Pair this super wide-angle lens with your compatible Canon digital SLR camera and you'll get a huge field of view and versatile shooting options. Use it to capture sweeping, panoramic landscapes or big group shots indoors at your next family gathering.
Superior speed and optical quality
This lens' ring-type ultrasonic motor delivers fast, accurate, and silent focusing. And it features full-time manual focus capability — you can switch from auto to manual focus mode with just a twist of the focus ring. Three aspherical lens elements and a Super-UD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) glass element ensure brilliant, razor-sharp images.
- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 16-35mm
- compatible with Canon APS-C format digital SLR cameras
- Super-UD (ultra-low dispersion) glass lens element corrects chromatic aberration for excellent image quality throughout the zoom range
- 3 aspherical lens elements for precise, accurate images
- ring-type ultrasonic motor for fast and silent autofocus
- constructed of 13 elements in 10 groups
- minimum focus distance: 9-1/2"
- minimum aperture: f22 (at 10mm)/f29 (at 22mm)
- filter size: 77mm
- lens is 3-15/16" long, 3-5/16" in diameter
- front and rear lens caps included
- weight: 13.6 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 9518a002
What's in the box:
- EF-S 10-22mm ultra-wide zoom lens
- front lens cap (installed)
- rear lens cap (installed)
- Owner's manual
- Warranty information
Canon EF-S 10-22mm USM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF-S 10-22mm USM
Compatibility: The Canon EFS 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM ultra-wide zoom lens is compatible with select Canon EOS DSLR cameras, including the following - EOS 40D, EOS 30D, EOS 20D, EOS Digital Rebel, EOS Digital Rebel XT, and EOS Digital Rebel XTi.
Ultra-Wide Zoom Design: This lens provides ultra wide-angle coverage for your compatible Canon EOS DSLR camera. Equivalent to a 16-35mm zoom, it offers excellent performance and optics designed from the ground-up for digital SLR use. Three Aspherical lens elements, plus a Super-UD element, assure image quality. Its ring-type USM means fast and silent AF along with full-time manual focus. It focuses as close as 9.5 inches.
USM (Ultrasonic Motor): The lens uses a ring-type USM for swift, silent autofocus and full-time manual focus.
Inner Focusing System: Its inner focusing system (no front element rotation) allows you zoom and focus without the length of the lens changing.
Auto/Manual Focus Modes: To shoot in autofocus mode, you must set the focus mode switch on the lens to "AF." To manually focus the camera, you must set the switch to "MF," and focus by turning the focusing ring.
Optional Accessories (available from Canon): You can attach optional filters (77 mm) to the filter mounting thread on the front of the lens. You can also use the following optional extension tube: EF 12 II. In addition, you can also use the following optional accessories:
- Lens Hood: The EW-83E hood can keep unwanted light out of the lens and also protects the front of the lens from rain, snow, and dust.
- Close-Up Lens: Attaching the optional 500D (77mm) close-up lens enables close-up photography. Magnification will be 0.20x- 0.02x.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?