Canon VIXIA HF W10
HD camcorder with 40X optical zoom and Wi-Fi®
Our take on the Canon VIXIA HF W10 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A rugged camcorder
It's nice to know your camcorder is rugged enough to take along on vacation. The Canon VIXIA HF W10 is dust-proof, shock-proof to drops of up to 4.9 feet, freeze-proof to 14°F, and waterproof to depths of 16.4 feet.
It's great for less extreme uses, too, with 40X optical zoom and intelligent image stabilization to keep your shots steady. Face Tracking mode lets you lock onto your preferred subject — the youth soccer star in your household, perhaps — and keep it in focus.
The HF W10 has built-in Wi-Fi, so you can wirelessly upload videos for sharing online. There's also a USB port built-in, so you can save files to your computer, and composite audio/video and HDMI connections so you can connect to a TV and show your latest masterpiece to friends and family.
- 2.29 effective megapixel CMOS sensor
- 40X optical zoom (digital zoom to 200X)
- 3" color LCD widescreen touchpanel (approx. 460,000 dots)
- shock-proof, dust-proof, freeze-proof and waterproof to 16.4 feet
- shoots video in 1080p HD
- simultaneously capture 2-megapixel stills while shooting video
- records to 8GB internal flash drive or optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card
- intelligent image stabilization keeps video steady at full zoom
- maximum battery life: 4.5 hours on a single charge
- built-in Wi-Fi for sharing images and video
- control your camcorder with your mobile device
- Face Tracking keeps a moving subject in focus
- Time Lapse mode lets you condense action
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB interface (cable included)
- mini HDMI and composite video outputs for connection to any TV (connecting cables included)
- 2-7/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 5"D
- weight: 10.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor (90 days video head parts)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee