Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM
Wide-angle zoom lens for Canon EOS M series mirrorless cameras (Graphite)
Item # 280M1545 | MFR # 0572C002
$299.00 Earn up to 299 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
A versatile, compact companion for your Canon M series camera
This super-compact, retractable Canon lens gives you flexible shooting options to capture crisp, clear images of whatever comes your way. It's lightweight as well, weighing in at a scant 4.6 ounces. It's the perfect lens choice to have mounted to your Canon M series mirrorless camera when you're not sure what's next — a dramatic landscape, a selfie with your best friends, or a candid group shot.
With its low-noise, stepping motor (STM) autofocus system, this lens also excels at enabling you to gather excellent sound while capturing video. Built-in image stabilization can help you take sharper photos, even in low light. Of course, the superb optical performance you've come to expect from Canon is still here in spades. Aspherical glass lens elements and special coatings make your images as sharp and artifact-free as they can be.
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens
- designed for use with Canon EOS M series mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 24-72mm
- compact, retracting design that shortens the length of the lens to make carrying and storing easier
- built-in Optical Image Stabilizer technology helps reduce the effects of camera shake for sharper photos
- stepping motor (STM) provides smooth and quiet continuous autofocus for video recording and shooting photos
- 3 aspherical elements for excellent image quality throughout the zoom range
- available full-time manual focusing (automatically overrides autofocus)
- constructed of 10 elements in 9 groups
- minimum focus distance: 0.82"
- filter diameter: 49mm
- lens is 2-7/16" in diameter, 1-3/4" long (when retracted)
- weight: 4.6 oz.
- front and rear lens caps
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens (graphite)
- Rear lens dust cap EB (installed)
- Lens Cap E-49 (installed)
- Warranty registration card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens is an EF-M series, wide-angle to medium zoom lens for Canon EOS M cameras. It has the EF-M mount, which is compatible only with EOS M cameras. The lens is ultra-slim and compact, so you can carry it anywhere.
Stepping Motor (STM): The lens is equipped with a stepping motor (STM), which provides smooth and quiet continuous auto focus during video shooting.
Image Stabilization (IS): The built-in Image Stabilization system helps to prevent blurred images from camera shake when capturing still or motion photography handheld. The optical image stabilizer technology provides an equivalent shutter speed 3.5 stops faster. There is no IS switch on the lens, so you must turn on the Image Stabilization system in the camera's menu.
Aperture: The EF-M 15-45mm has a 7-blade circular aperture, which delivers soft-focus backgrounds and a short minimum focusing distance (9.84").
Focusing Ring: Whether you're in auto focus or manual focus mode on the camera, the full-time manual focusing feature allows you to focus on the subject using the focus ring on the lens. There is no focus mode switch on the lens.
Optional Lens Hood/Case: The optional EW-53 lens hood can be added to keep unwanted light out of the lens, and protects the lens from rain, snow, and dust. The optional LP811 lens case will protect the lens when not in use.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3
- 35mm Film Format Equivalent: 24-72mm
- Lens Construction: 9 groups, 10 elements
- Minimum Aperture: f/22-40
- Maximum Magnification: 0.25x (at 45mm)
- Filter Diameter: 49mm (E-49)
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 84° 30' to 33° 40'
- Vertical: 53° 30' to 19° 05'
- Horizontal: 74° 10' to 28° 20'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.82' (9.84")
- Diameter: 2.389"
- Length: 2.037" (2.533" with caps)
- Weight: 4.6 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.