- 24.2-megapixel effective recording
- APS-C-size CMOS image sensor (22.3 x 14.9 mm)
- includes EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens (35mm equivalent focal length 24-72mm)
- compatible with Canon EF-M mount lenses
- compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses when used with optional EF-EOS M Mount adapter
- 143-point Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system for fast, accurate focusing
- AF tracking locks focus for sharp captures of moving subjects
- DIGIC 8 image processor for speedy operation and reduced noise at high ISO settings
- face detection autofocus for sharp candids and portraits
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for easy sharing and control from smart devices
- Bluetooth® low energy provides a constant connection to your compatible device with Canon Connect app
- 3.0", 1.04-million-dot tilting LCD touchscreen with brightness control
- tilts up to 180 degrees upward for creative composition from different angles
- includes rechargeable LP-E12 lithium ion battery, charger, and neck strap
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- continuous shooting mode: up to 4 frames per second (up to 6.1 frames per second with AF Lock)
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4,000 seconds, bulb
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-25,600
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- flash sync at 1/200 seconds or less
File Formats and Storage:
- still image storage modes: JPEG, RAW, and RAW+JPEG
- top JPEG resolution (pixels): 6,000 x 4,000
- shoots 4K video at up to 25 frames per second
- introduces an additional 1.6X crop factor (2.56X total with attached lenses)
- Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus is not available during 4K shooting
- shoots Full HD video (1920 x 1080 resolution) at up to 60 frames per second
- records photos and video onto optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB 2.0 Micro-B interface (cable not included)
- mini HDMI output (cable not included)
- 4-5/16"W x 2-11/16"H x 1-7/16"D (without lens)
- weight (with memory card and battery): 10.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3699C009
What's in the box:
- Digital camera body (black)
- Camera cover R-F-4 (installed)
- EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens (graphite)
- Rear lens dust cap EB (installed)
- Lens Cap E-49 (installed)
- LP-E12 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery with plastic terminal cap (7.2V 875mAh 6.3Wh)
- LC-E12 Battery charger (8.4V 0.54A)
- EM-200DB Neck strap
- Getting Started booklet
- Register Now (US + Canada)
- Warranty registration card
Canon EOS M200 Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EOS M200 Kit
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-72mm|
|Image Stabilization||With included lens|
|Highest Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||10.55|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This Canon EOS M200 kit includes the EOS M200 camera body, and the EF-M 15-45mm IS STM lens. The camera has the Canon M mount, and is compatible with Canon EF-M lenses. With the optional Mount Adapter EF-EOS M, the EOS M200 camera is also compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
3" Touch Panel LCD Monitor: The EOS M200 features a 3" Touch Panel LCD monitor, with a 3:2 aspect ratio and approximately 1.04-million dots for composing and viewing images. The LCD monitor can tilt upward to approximately 180°, making it easier to frame low-angle shots or take self-portraits. The Touch Shutter feature lets you take photos by touching the screen and releasing your finger to shoot.
24.2 Megapixel CMOS Sensor: Canon's CMOS sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range, and offers approximately 25.8 megapixels and 24.2 megapixels. This APS-C-sized sensor (22.3mm x 14.9mm) has the same 3:2 ratio as film cameras, enabling an effective 1.6x field of view, compared to 35mm format. The camera has an image sensor cleaning function that automatically removes dust when the power is turned on or off. The cleaning function can be activated manually as well.
DIGIC 8: The EOS M200 features Canon's DIGIC 8 Image Processor to complement the 24.2 Megapixel image sensor. The DIGIC 8 helps produce high quality images and fast operation. The DIGIC 8 also brings out the details, and lowers noise in low light and high ISO shooting settings.
Still Image Recording: The camera records still images in JPEG and RAW formats. You can choose from the following image sizes: Large, Medium, Small 1, and Small 2. For each resolution (except Small 2), you can set the compression to Fine or Normal. For RAW images, you can record only at the highest resolution (6000 x 4000). You can set the camera to RAW + JPEG and record a RAW image and a Large Fine JPEG image simultaneously.
Aspect Ratio: The camera image sensor has an aspect ratio of 3:2. You can choose to record still images in 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, and 1:1 aspect ratios. This gives you the option of selecting any of the following image sizes:
|Quality||Aspect Ratio and Pixel Count|
(JPEG and RAW)
|6000 x 4000||5328 x 4000||6000 x 3368||4000 x 4000|
|Medium||3984 x 2656||3552 x 2664||3984 x 2240||2656 x 2656|
|Small 1||2976 x 1984||2656 x 1992||2976 x 1680||1984 x 1984|
|Small 2||2400 x 1600||2112 x 1600||2400 x 1344||1600 x 1600|
RAW File Format: The RAW file format records the image data as captured by the camera's CMOS sensor without further processing and converts it to digital data and records it onto the card as is. RAW images can be adjusted, then developed and produced into JPEG or TIFF images using the downloadable software.
Recording Media: The EOS M200 records images on an SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards, including UHS-I (Ultra High Speed) memory cards. No recording media is supplied with the camera.
Shooting Modes: The EOS M200's top-mounted shooting mode switch lets you choose from three main shooting modes: Scene Intelligent Auto, Still Photo Mode, and Movies. The Still Photo mode lets you choose Advanced Shooting, Special Scene, and Creative Filters Modes. The M200 can record still images and movies in the following modes:
- Scene Intelligent Auto: This mode provides optimal settings for specific scenes automatically. The camera analyzes the scene and applies the settings.
- Hybrid Auto: In the Hybrid Auto mode, the camera records 2-4 second clips of scenes before each shot which are later combined into a digest movie.
- Special Scene: In the Scene mode, you can select a setting that matches the shooting scene, and the camera automatically configures the settings. Available scenes include: Self-Portrait, Portrait, Smooth Skin, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Food, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, and Silent Mode.
- Creative Filters: The Creative Filters mode lets you add effects to your images while you shoot. You can choose from Grainy B/W, Soft Focus, Fish-Eye Effect, Water Painting Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, HDR Art Standard, HDR Art Vivid, HDR Art Bold, and HDR Art Embossed.
- Program AE: This is a general-purpose shooting mode, the camera automatically sets the shutter speed and aperture value to suit the scene's brightness.
- Shutter-priority AE: In this mode, you set the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture value to suit the brightness of the subject.
- Aperture-priority AE: In this mode, you set the desired aperture value and the camera sets the shutter speed automatically to suit the subject brightness.
- Manual Exposure: You set both the shutter speed and aperture value as desired.
- Movies: Movie mode lets you shoot 4K UHD, 1080p FHD, or 720p HD videos in 16:9 aspect ratio. You can use the mode switch or the dedicated recording button to begin recording movies.
Shooting Movies: The EOS M200 can record movies in 4K UHD, 1080p FHD, or 720p HD at different frame rates. Movies are recorded in MOV format with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression, and AAC audio. You can record audio using the built-in stereo microphone. When shooting movies, a large-capacity SD card with a speed rating of Class 4 or higher is recommended. You can select from the following recording sizes and frame rates:
|Video Recording Size||Frame Rate|
|4K UHD: 3840 x 2160||23.98 fps|
|Full HD: 1920 x 1080||59.94 fps|
|HD: 1280 x 720||59.94 fps|
Time Lapse Movies: Images shot at a set interval can be stitched together automatically to create a 4K or Full HD time-lapse movie. Time-lapse movies can show how a subject changes in a much shorter period of time than the actual time it took. Movies will be played back at 29.97 frames per second.
Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus: The EOS M200 features Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which provides lightning fast and accurate auto focusing, so you won't miss the moment. It also captures fast moving subjects, and maintains focus, even when the subject is moving. The camera offers a large AF Area that covers approximately 88% horizontal and 100% vertical, when using select EF-M lenses, and select EF and EF-S lenses with the EF-EOS M adapter. With other lenses, the camera's focus area is 80% horizontal and 80% vertical.
Manual Focusing: If you choose to focus manually with an EF-M lens, you will need to switch to Manual Focus in the menu then turn the focusing ring on the lens. If using an EF or EF-S lens (with the EF-EOS-M adapter), you will need to set the focus mode switch on the lens from AF to MF, and turn the lens focusing ring until the subject looks sharp. You can magnify the image 5x or 10x for better visibility when focusing.
ISO Speed: For still images, ISO speed can be automatically or manually set between 100 and 12800 (in whole-stop increments) to suit the shooting conditions. For movies, the ISO speed is 100-12800 (Full HD and HD), and 100-6400 (4K).
White Balance: You can choose from the following white balance settings: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Color Temperature, and Custom. You can also shift the White Balance from blue to amber or from magenta to green at levels between -9 and +9.
Picture Style: By selecting a picture style you can achieve various effects matching your photographic expression or the subject. Picture Style is available in Creative Auto mode. Picture Style selections include: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User Defined 1-3.
Exposure Compensation: Exposure compensation can be set in the P, Tv, Av, and M shooting modes, and is used to alter the camera's standard exposure setting. You can make the image look lighter (increased exposure) or darker (decreased exposure). The exposure compensation amount can be set up to +/-3 EV in 1/3-stop increments.
Metering Modes: You can select from the following metering modes:
- Evaluative Metering: The camera's standard metering mode utilizes all 384 zones within the frame, and is suited for most subjects even under backlit conditions. After detecting the main subject's position, brightness, background, front and back lighting conditions, etc, the camera sets the proper exposure.
- Partial Metering: Effective when the background is much brighter than the subject due to backlighting, etc; uses approximately 5.8% of the frame at the center.
- Spot Metering: For metering a specific part of the subject; uses approximately 2.9% of the frame at the center.
- Center-weighted Average Metering: Metering is weighted at the center and then averaged for the entire scene.
Continuous Shooting Mode: In Continuous Shooting mode, you can shoot up to about 6.1 frames per second in the One-Shot AF mode, and approximately 4.0 fps in Servo AF mode. The maximum number of shots in a single burst will vary with the image quality setting: JPEG 70-71 images, RAW 13 images, and C-RAW 31 images.
Self-Timer: The camera will record an image following a preset time delay after pressing the shutter release. The self-timer lamp and beeper will indicate a countdown before the picture is taken. You can choose from the following self-timer modes:
- 10 Second: The camera takes a single image 10 seconds after pressing the shutter release button.
- 2 Second: The camera takes a single image 2 seconds after pressing the shutter release. This is handy for reducing camera shake.
- Custom: You can specify the delay between 0 and 30 seconds, and the number of shots, between 1 and 10.
Auto Rotation: Vertical shots can be rotated automatically so that they are displayed upright during playback. The Auto Rotation feature can be turned off, if desired.
Image Review: The image can be displayed on the LCD monitor immediately after you shoot. The review time can be set to off (not displayed), 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, or Hold, which keeps the image displayed on the LCD monitor until the camera is focused again.
Slide Show: You can view all images on the memory card one after another with the Auto Playback function (slide show). You can set the time each image is displayed on the LCD monitor to 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, or 20 seconds. You can also select which images to display: all images, images by date, images by folder, movies only, stills only, or by rating.
Index Display: This feature allows you to view 4 (2x2), 9 (3x3), 36 (6x6), and 100 (10x10) images at once on the LCD monitor so that you can search for an image quickly.
Image Magnification: When viewing a still picture in single image playback mode, you can magnify the image from 1.5x to 10.0x. While the image is magnified, you can scroll anywhere around the image.
Rotating Images: You can rotate an image by 90° or 270° clockwise in the LCD monitor.
PictBridge Printing: Using a USB cable (Type A-to-Mini-B 2.0, not supplied), you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is a standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
DPOF Print Settings: On the memory card, you can select which image or images you want to print and how many copies you want. This is convenient for printing images all at once, on optional Canon direct print function compliant printers, on PictBridge compliant printers, or at participating photo labs.
Wireless Overview: The EOS M200 can connect to other devices wirelessly through Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth (v4.2 Low Energy). Using the Canon Camera Connect app on your smartphone, you can perform the following actions:
- Browse, Delete, or Rate images on your camera
- Save images to your smartphone
- Remote shooting
- Automatically transfer images to your smartphone as you shoot
- Change camera settings
- Remote Control of the camera (when connected via Bluetooth only)
Note: The Camera Connect app is compatible with iOS devices (requires iOS 11.0 or later) and Android devices (version varies with device).
Compatible Devices: You can connect the camera to the following devices and services via Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth:
- Smartphones and Tablets: Using the Canon Camera Connect app you can transfer photos and videos to your mobile device, and use the device to control the camera.
- Wireless Printing: You can print images wirelessly on a Wi-Fi-connected printer. You can use an existing access point, or use the camera as an access point.
- Canon iMAGE Gateway: With a one-time registration to the Canon iMAGE Gateway, you can send photos and videos to the web service from your PC or smartphone.
- Wireless Remote: You can connect the camera to the BR-E1 Wireless Remote Control via Bluetooth.
HDMI Outputs: The camera is equipped with a micro-HDMI jack (Type D) which allows you to connect the camera to an HDTV. A micro-HDMI-to-HDMI cable is required.
USB Port: The Micro-B 2.0 USB port allows you to connect the camera to your computer via an optional USB cable for downloading the recorded images and movies.
Battery: The EOS M200 operates on the supplied LP-E12 Lithium-Ion battery (7.2V/875 mAh). Battery performance decreases when used in temperatures below 32° F. The battery can be charged in the supplied LC-E12 battery charger in approximately 2 hours. Typical battery life for the LP-E12 battery is as follows (using EF-M 15-45mm lens):
- Still Images:
- Normal Mode: Approx. 315 shots
- Eco Mode: Approx. 485 shots
- Movie Shooting:
- Typical Use: Approx. 90 min.
- Continuous Shooting: Approx. 135 min.
Power Saving: You can save battery power by activating the Display Off and Auto Power Down features. After a pre-selected period of time (10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min), the display will automatically turn itself off if no buttons are pressed. After approximately 2 additional minutes (5 minutes in playback mode), the camera will automatically power down.
Optional AC Power: With the optional ACK-E12 AC adapter kit, you can connect the camera to household power without worry of the battery becoming exhausted.
Lens: This EOS M200 kit comes with the EF-M 15-45mm IS STM lens. IS stands for Image Stabilizer, while STM stands for Stepping Motor.
Image Stabilizer: The Image Stabilizer system built into this lens provides up to four equivalent stops of shake correction, giving you much sharper photos at full zoom, and blur-free videos.
Auto/Manual Focus Modes: When using an EF-M lens, the focus mode must be set in the camera menu. After setting the mode to Manual Focus, you can focus on your subject by turning the focusing ring.
|EF-M 15-45 IS STM|
|Lens Construction||10 elements in 9 groups|
|Angle of View||Diagonal: |
|84°30'- 33°40' |
|Maximum Magnification||0.25x (at 45mm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.82' (9.84")|
|Filter Diameter||49mm (E-49)|
|Hood||EW-53 (sold separately)|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 2.389" |
Length: 2.037" (2.533" w/caps)
Software: The following software is available for download from the Canon website for use with the EOS M200:
- Digital Photo Professional (Windows/Mac): primarily used for browsing, selecting, and developing RAW images. It has various image adjustment functions in the Picture Style format, and allows you to make adjustments easily. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, macOS v10.14 Mojave, macOS v10.13 High Sierra, and macOS Sierra v10.12.
- Image Transfer Utility (Windows/Mac): an application that allows you to save images on your computer after receiving them directly from a Wi-Fi equipped Canon compact digital camera or downloading them from Canon iMAGE Gateway, after they have been uploaded there from a camera via an access point. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS X v.10.11 El Capitan, macOS v10.12 Sierra, and macOS v10.13 High Sierra. (Can also be used on macOS v10.14 Mojave.)
- Picture Style Editor (Windows/Mac): allows you to edit Picture Style to your unique image characteristics and save them as original Picture Style files. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, macOS v10.14 Mojave, macOS v10.13 High Sierra, and macOS v10.12 Sierra.
- EOS Utility: a software application that communicates with your EOS M camera, allowing you to download images, change camera settings, and shoot remotely. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, macOS v10.14 Mojave, macOS v10.13 High Sierra, and macOS v10.12 Sierra.