About the Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
Step into the light
For radiant low-light images and crisp portraits with beautifully blurred backgrounds, this f/1.4 prime from Canon is an adept light gatherer. Its 35mm focal length makes it versatile enough to capture moderately wide landscapes and street scenes as well as intimate portraits and detail shots. The lens's Ultrasonic Motor gives you fast, quiet autofocus, and full-time manual override lets you fine-tune your focus so you can dial in the exact background effect you're after. Dust and weather sealing make this one lens you can take anywhere.
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM lens
- designed for use with Canon digital SLR cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 35mm on full-frame cameras; 56mm on APS-C cameras
- large maximum aperture (f/1.4) for exceptional low-light photography and smooth defocused backgrounds
- Ultrasonic Motor for fast, silent autofocus
- Subwavelength Coating (SWC) minimizes ghosting and flare
- protective fluorine coating on front and rear lens elements reduces fingerprints and smudges
- 2 aspherical and one UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements for excellent image quality
- newly developed BR Optics (Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics) element minimizes chromatic aberrations
- available full-time manual focusing (automatically overrides autofocus)
- constructed of 14 elements in 11 groups
- minimum focus distance: 11"
- 9-blade circular aperture for smooth background defocusing
- dust and water sealing provide protection from the elements
- filter diameter: 72mm
- lens is 3-3/16" in diameter, 4-3/8" long
- weight: 26.8 oz.
- front and rear lens caps
- lens case
- lens hood
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 9523B002
What's in the box:
- EF 35mm f/1.4 L II USM lens
- E-72 II Front lens cap (installed)
- Canon EF rear lens cap (installed)
- EW-77B Lens hood
- LP1219 Soft lens pouch
- Warranty registration card
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
Overview: The Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM lens is a wide-angle L-series prime lens for Canon EOS full-frame and APS-C cameras. When used on APS-C cameras, the focal length is equivalent to 56mm. The lens is ideal for photographing landscapes, portraits, and close-ups. With a large f/1.4 aperture, you can shoot in low-light conditions. It has a standard Canon EF-mount, and comes with front and rear lens caps, a lens hood, and soft storage pouch.
Optional Adapter: With the optional Mount Adapter EF-EOS M (sold separately), the EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM can be used on Canon M-series mirrorless cameras, such as the EOS M3, EOS M10, and EOS M.
Focus Mode Switch: A switch on the lens barrel lets you select Auto Focus (AF) or Manual Focus (MF). Full-time manual focus (One Shot AF) allows you to manually focus with the focus ring, even while the lens is in AF mode.
Ultra-Sonic Motor (USM): The lens is equipped with an Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for silent, high-speed auto focusing.
Included Accessories: The following accessories are included with the lens:
- EW-77B Lens Hood: The EW-77B is designed specifically for the EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM lens. It helps to prevent stray light from entering the lens to avoid unwanted glare from affecting your photos. When attached to the lens, the lens hood adds approximately 1" to the overall length of the lens.
- LP1219 Lens Pouch: The LP1219 lens pouch can protect the lens and keep it clean.
Extension Tubes: You can attach the optional Canon EF-12 II (0.58-0.36x magnification) or EF-25 II (1.03-0.8x magnification) Extension Tubes for magnified shots.
- Focal Length: 35mm (56mm on APS-C camera)
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups, including two aspheric lenses and one UD lens
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Aperture Type: 9 blade circular
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.92' (11.04")
- Magnification: 0.21x
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 63°
- Vertical: 38°
- Horizontal: 54°
- Filter Size: 72mm
- Diameter: 3.157"
- Length: 4.326" (5.08" with lens caps)
- Weight: 26.8 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked