- 32.5-megapixel effective recording
- APS-C-size CMOS image sensor (22.3 x 14.9 mm)
- includes EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens (35mm equivalent focal length 24-72mm)
- compatible with Canon EF-M mount lenses
- compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses when used with optional EF-EOS M Mount adapter
- 143-point Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system for fast, accurate focusing
- 5,481 manually selectable AF points
- AF tracking locks focus for sharp captures of moving subjects
- DIGIC 8 image processor for speedy operation and reduced noise at high ISO settings
- face detection autofocus for sharp candids and portraits
- 4K video recording at up to 30 frames per second
- built-in Wi-Fi for easy sharing and control from smart devices
- built-in Bluetooth for quick pairing with smart devices via the free Canon Connect app
- allows connection to the optional Wireless Remote Control BR-E1 for remote shooting
- can be used to pick up GPS shooting location data from your compatible smartphone
- high-resolution (1.04-million-dot) 3" tilting LCD touchscreen with brightness control
- stills can be recorded while simultaneously shooting video
- self-cleaning sensor activates when the camera powers on or off to remove dust for spot-free images
- includes rechargeable LP-E17 lithium ion battery, charger, neck strap, and EVF-DC2 electronic viewfinder
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- continuous shooting mode: up to 14 frames per second
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4,000 seconds, bulb
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-6,400, expandable to 25,600 equivalent
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- flash sync at 1/200 seconds or less
File Formats and Storage:
- still image storage modes: JPEG, RAW, and RAW+JPEG
- top JPEG resolution (pixels): 6,960 x 4,640
- MP4 movies with stereo sound
- records photos and video onto optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB 2.0 interface (cable not included)
- mini HDMI output (cable not included)
- 3.5mm external stereo microphone input jack (microphone not included)
- 4-3/4"W x 2-13/16"H x 1-15/16"D (without lens)
- weight (with memory card and battery): 14.39 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3611C011
What's in the box:
- EOS M6 Mk II camera body (black)
- Body cap R-F-4 (installed)
- Hot shoe cover (installed)
- EVF-DC2 electronic viewfinder (with terminal cover)
- EF-M 15-45mm IS STM zoom lens (black)
- E-49 Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap EB (installed)
- LP-E17 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.2V 1040mAh 7.5Wh) with plastic terminal cover
- LC-E17 Battery charger (DC output: 8.4V 0.7A)
- EM-200DB Neck strap
- Getting Started manual
- Warranty card
- Register Now card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EOS M6 II Kit
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size||3.0"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-72mm|
|Image Stabilization||With included lens|
|Highest Resolution||6960 x 4640|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||14.39|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This Canon EOS M6 Mark II kit includes the EOS M6 Mk II camera body, and the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens, plus the EVF-DC2 electronic viewfinder. The camera has the Canon M mount, and is compatible with Canon EF-M lenses. With the optional Mount Adapter EF-EOS M, the EOS M6 Mk II camera is also compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
3.0" Touch Panel LCD Monitor: The EOS M6 Mk II features a 3.0" Touch Panel LCD monitor, with a 3:2 aspect ratio and approximately 1.04-million dots for composing and viewing images. The LCD monitor can tilt downward to about 45°, which makes it easier to frame high-angle shots, and can tilt upward to approximately 180° for easier low-angle shots or for framing self-portraits. The Touch Shutter feature lets you take photos by touching the screen to shoot.
Electronic Viewfinder: This EOS M6 Mk II kit includes the EVF-DC2 electronic viewfinder attachment, which mounts to the camera's hot shoe to give you an eye level view of your subject. The EVF-DC2 features a dioptric ring to allow you to focus the image to your eyesight. The viewfinder receives power from the camera battery, which reduces the battery life.
32.5 Megapixel CMOS Sensor: Canon's large-area CMOS sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range, and offers approximately 34.4 million total pixels and 32.5 million effective pixels. This APS-C-sized sensor (22.3mm x 14.8mm) has the same 3:2 ratio as film cameras, enabling an effective 1.6x field of view, compared to 35mm format. The camera has an image sensor cleaning function that automatically removes dust when the power is turned on or off. The cleaning function can be activated manually as well.
DIGIC 8 Processor: The EOS M6 Mk II features Canon's DIGIC 8 Image Processor to complement the 32.5 Megapixel image sensor. The DIGIC 8 helps produce high quality images and fast operation. The DIGIC 8 also brings out the details, and lowers noise in low light and high ISO shooting settings.
Image Stabilization: The camera offers in-camera electronic image stabilization during movie recording. Movie Digital IS helps stabilize images, even when using a lens without Image Stabilization. You can enable or disable Movie Digital IS as needed, or select Enhanced for stronger image stabilization. For even more effective Image Stabilization, you can combine Movie Digital IS with the built-in image stabilization from compatible Canon lenses (such as the included EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, or the optional EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens).
Still Image Recording: The camera records still images in JPEG and RAW formats. You can choose from the following image sizes: Large, Medium, Small 1, and Small 2. For each resolution (except Small 2), you can set the compression to Fine or Normal. You can set the camera to RAW + JPEG and record a RAW image and a JPEG image simultaneously.
Aspect Ratio: The camera image sensor has an aspect ratio of 3:2. You can choose to record still images in 3:2, 16:9, 4:3, and 1:1 aspect ratios. This gives you the option of selecting any of the following image sizes:
|Quality||Aspect Ratio and Pixel Count|
|Large||6960 x 4640||6960 x 3904||6160 x 4640||4640 x 4640|
|Medium||4800 x 3200||4800 x 2688||4256 x 3200||3200 x 3200|
|Small 1||3472 x 2320||3472 x 1952||3072 x 2320||2320 x 2320|
|Small 2||2400 x 1600||2400 x 1344||2112 x 1600||1600 x 1600|
|RAW/C-RAW||6960 x 4640||6960 x 3904||6160 x 4640||4640 x 4640|
RAW File Format: The RAW file format (CR3, a Canon 14-bit RAW format) records the image data as captured by the camera's CMOS sensor without further processing and converts it to digital data and records it onto the card as is. RAW images can be adjusted, then developed and produced into JPEG or TIFF images using the downloadable Digital Photo Professional or EOS Utility software. RAW images will be identified with the .CR3 file extension.
Recording Media: The EOS M6 Mk II records images on an SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards, including UHS-II and UHS-I (Ultra High Speed) memory cards. No recording media is supplied with the camera.
Shooting Modes: The EOS M6 Mk II's top-mounted mode dial includes Basic Zone modes, Creative Zone modes, and Movie recording mode. You can select from the following shooting modes:
- Basic Zone:
- Scene Intelligent Auto: This mode provides optimal settings for specific scenes automatically. The camera analyzes the scene and applies the settings.
- Hybrid Auto: In the Hybrid Auto mode, the camera records 2-4 second clips of scenes before each shot which are later combined into a digest movie.
- Special Scene: In the Scene mode, you can select a setting that matches the shooting scene, and the camera automatically configures the settings. Available scenes include: Self-Portrait, Portrait, Smooth Skin, Landscape, Sports, Panning, Close-up, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, and HDR Backlight Control.
- Creative Filters: The Creative Filters mode lets you add effects to your images while you shoot. You can choose from Grainy B/W, Soft Focus, Fish-Eye Effect, Water Painting Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, HDR Art Standard, HDR Art Vivid, HDR Art Bold, and HDR Art Embossed.
- Creative Zone:
- Flexible-priority AE: In this mode, you can set shutter speed, aperture, and ISO speed manually or automatically and combine these settings with your choice of exposure compensation.
- Program AE: This is a general-purpose shooting mode, the camera automatically sets the shutter speed and aperture value to suit the scene's brightness.
- Shutter-priority AE: In this mode, you set the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture value to suit the brightness of the subject.
- Aperture-priority AE: In this mode, you set the desired aperture value and the camera sets the shutter speed automatically to suit the subject brightness.
- Manual Exposure: You set both the shutter speed and aperture value as desired.
- Custom Modes (C1, C2): You can use the C1 and C2 positions on the mode dial to save commonly used shooting modes and your configured function settings. Settings that are usually cleared when you switch shooting modes or turn off the camera are retained.
- Movie Recording: Movie mode lets you shoot 4K, Full HD, and High Definition videos in 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. You can use the mode switch or the dedicated recording button to begin recording movies.
Shooting Movies: The EOS M6 Mk II can record movies in 4K Ultra High Definition, 1080p Full HD, and 720p HD at different frame rates. Movies are recorded in MOV format with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression, and AAC audio. You can record audio using the built-in stereo microphone, or an optional external microphone. When shooting movies, a large-capacity SD card with a speed rating of Class 4 or higher is recommended. 4K movies require a UHS Speed Class 3 card or higher. You can select from the following recording sizes and frame rates:
|Resolution||Frame Rate||Recording Bit Rate|
|29.97 fps||120 Mbps|
|Full HD |
1920 x 1080
|119.88 fps||120 Mbps|
|59.94 fps||60 Mbps|
|29.97 fps||30 Mbps|
|29.97 fps||12 Mbps|
1280 x 720
|59.94 fps||26 Mbps|
Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus: The EOS M6 Mk II features Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which provides lightning fast and accurate auto focusing, so you won't miss the moment. It also captures fast moving subjects, and maintains focus, even when the subject is moving. Dual Pixel CMOS AF includes Face Tracking and Eye Detection, even while recording 4K videos. The camera offers a large AF Area that covers approximately 88% horizontal and 100% vertical, when using select EF-M lenses, and select EF and EF-S lenses with the EF-EOS M adapter. With other EF lenses, the camera's focus area is 80% horizontal and 80% vertical.
Touch & Drag AF: When using the included EVF-DC2 Electronic Viewfinder, you can take advantage of Touch & Drag AF to quickly select a focus point. While looking through the EVF, simply touch the LCD screen and drag your finger to the portion of the screen you want to see in focus. The Touch & Drag AF menu option only appears when the EVF is attached.
Manual Focusing: If you choose to focus manually with an EF-M lens, you will need to switch to Manual Focus on the back of the camera, then turn the focusing ring on the lens. You can magnify the image on the display by 5x or 10x for better visibility when focusing. If using an EF or EF-S lens (with the EF-EOS-M adapter), you should also set the lens' focus mode switch to MF.
ISO Speed: When shooting in Basic Zone modes, ISO speed can be automatically set between ISO 100 and 6400. In Creative Zone modes, the ISO speed can be set automatically or manually between ISO 100 and 25600. You can also manually extend the ISO speed to an equivalent of ISO 51200.
White Balance: You can choose from the following white balance settings: Auto, Day Light, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Color Temperature, and Custom. White Balance Correction can be applied in +/- 9 levels from blue to amber, and from green to magenta.
Picture Style: By selecting a picture style you can achieve various effects matching your photographic expression or the subject. Picture Style selections include: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User Defined.
Exposure Compensation: Exposure compensation is used to alter the camera's standard exposure setting. You can make the image look lighter (increased exposure) or darker (decreased exposure). The exposure compensation amount can be set up to +/-3 EV in 1/3-stop increments.
Flash: The camera has a built-in pop-up flash with three flash modes: Auto, On, and Slow Synchro. Red-eye Reduction can be enabled to reduce the occurrence of the red-eye phenomenon caused by flash lighting. The camera has a top-mounted hot shoe that supports flash photography with full functionality of the EL/EX-series Speedlites (sold separately).
Metering Modes: The EOS M6 Mk II uses real-time metering using the image sensor. You can select from the following metering modes:
- Evaluative Metering (384 zones - 24x16): The camera's standard metering mode utilizes all of the frame, and is suited for most subjects even under backlit conditions. After detecting the main subject's position, brightness, background, front and back lighting conditions, etc, the camera sets the proper exposure.
- Partial Metering: Effective when the background is much brighter than the subject due to backlighting, etc; uses approximately 4.5% of the frame at the center.
- Spot Metering: For metering a specific part of the subject; uses approximately 2.6% of the frame at the center.
- Center-weighted Average Metering: Metering is weighted at the center and then averaged for the entire scene.
Continuous Shooting Mode: In Continuous Shooting mode, you can shoot multiple images while holding down the shutter button completely. The maximum number of shots in a single burst will vary with the image quality setting: JPEG 54 images, RAW 23 images, and RAW+JPEG 23 images. You can choose from the following modes:
|Continuous Shooting Mode||Frame Rate|
High-speed Continuous +
|High-speed Continuous||7 fps|
|Low-speed Continuous||3 fps|
Self-Timer: The camera will record an image following a preset time delay after pressing the shutter release. The self-timer lamp and beeper will indicate a countdown before the picture is taken. You can choose from the following self-timer modes:
- 10 Second: The camera takes a single image 10 seconds after pressing the shutter release button.
- 2 Second: The camera takes a single image 2 seconds after pressing the shutter release. This is handy for reducing camera shake.
- Custom: You can specify the delay between 0 and 30 seconds, and the number of shots, between 1 and 10.
Auto Rotation: Vertical shots can be rotated automatically so that they are displayed upright during playback. The Auto Rotation feature can be turned off, if desired.
Image Review: The image can be displayed on the LCD monitor immediately after you shoot. The review time can be set to off (not displayed), 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, or Hold, which keeps the image displayed on the LCD monitor until the camera is focused again.
Slide Show: You can view all images on the memory card one after another with the Auto Playback function (slide show). You can set the time each image is displayed on the LCD monitor to 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, or 20 seconds. You can also select which images to display: all images, images by date, images by folder, people, movies only, stills only, or by rating.
Index Display: This feature allows you to view 4 (2x2), 9 (3x3), 36 (6x6), and 100 (10x10) images at once on the LCD monitor so that you can search for an image quickly.
Image Magnification: When viewing a still picture in single image playback mode, you can magnify the image from 2x to 10x. While the image is magnified, you can scroll anywhere around the image.
Rotating Images: You can rotate an image by 90° or 270° clockwise in the LCD monitor.
PictBridge Printing: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is a standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
DPOF Print Settings: On the memory card, you can select which image or images you want to print and how many copies you want. This is convenient for printing images all at once, on optional Canon direct print function compliant printers, on PictBridge compliant printers, or at participating photo labs.
Wireless Overview: The EOS M6 Mk II can connect to other devices wirelessly through Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth (v4.1 Low Energy). Using the Canon Camera Connect app on your smartphone, you can perform the following actions:
- Browse, Delete, or Rate images on your camera
- Save images to your smartphone
- Remote shooting
- Automatically transfer images to your smartphone as you shoot
- Change camera settings
- Remote Control of the camera (when connected via Bluetooth only)
Note: The Camera Connect app is compatible with iOS devices (requires iOS 11.0 or later) and Android devices (version varies with device).
Compatible Devices: You can connect the camera to the following devices and services via Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth:
- Smartphones and Tablets: Using the Canon Camera Connect app you can transfer photos and videos to your mobile device, and use the device to control the camera.
- Wireless Printing: You can print images wirelessly on a Wi-Fi-connected printer. You can use an existing access point, or use the camera as an access point.
- Canon iMAGE Gateway: With a one-time registration to the Canon iMAGE Gateway, you can send photos and videos to the web service from your PC or smartphone.
- Wireless Remote: You can connect the camera to the BR-E1 Wireless Remote Control via Bluetooth.
HDMI Output: The camera is equipped with a Micro-HDMI jack (Type D) which allows you to connect the camera to an HDTV. A Micro HDMI-to-HDMI cable is required.
USB Port: The camera has a USB Type C connector, which allows you to connect the camera to your computer via a USB cable (not included) for downloading the recorded images and movies.
Microphone: The camera has a 3.5mm minijack input for connecting an external microphone, such as the Canon DM-E1 directional microphone.
Remote Control Terminal: A 2.5mm sub-minijack terminal is provided for connecting the Remote Switch RS-60E3.
Battery: The EOS M6 Mk II operates on the supplied LP-E17 Lithium-Ion battery (7.2V, 1040 mAh, 7.5Wh). The battery can be charged in the supplied LC-E17 battery charger in approximately 2 hours. Typical battery life for the LP-E17 battery is as follows (using EF-M 15-45mm lens):
|LCD Monitor||Electronic Viewfinder|
|Still Images |
|305 shots||250 shots|
|Still Images |
|Movie Recording |
|1 hour 20 mins||1 hour 10 min|
|Movie Recording |
|2 hours 15 mins||2 hours 15 min|
|Playback Time||5 hours|
Optional USB Power Adapter: The optional USB Power Adapter PD-E1 can be used to charge the LP-E17 battery pack while it's in the camera. The PD-E1 cannot be used, however, to power the camera.
Power Saving: You can save battery power by activating the Display Off and Auto Power Down features. After a pre-selected period of time (10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min), the display will automatically turn itself off if no buttons are pressed. After approximately 2 additional minutes (5 minutes in playback mode), the camera will automatically power down.
Optional AC Power: With the optional DR-E17 DC Coupler and CA-PS700 AC adapter, you can connect the camera to household power without worry of the battery becoming exhausted.
Lens: This EOS M6 Mk II kit comes with the EF-M 15-45mm IS STM lens. IS stands for Image Stabilizer, while STM stands for Stepping Motor.
Image Stabilizer: The Image Stabilizer system built into this lens provides up to four equivalent stops of shake correction, giving you much sharper photos at full zoom, and blur-free videos.
Auto/Manual Focus Modes: When using an EF-M lens, the focus mode must be set in the camera menu. After setting the mode to Manual Focus, you can focus on your subject by turning the focusing ring.
|EF-M 15-45 IS STM|
|Lens Construction||10 elements in 9 groups|
|Angle of View||Diagonal: |
|84°30'- 33°40' |
|Maximum Magnification||0.25x (at 45mm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.82' (9.84")|
|Filter Diameter||49mm (E-49)|
|Hood||EW-53 (sold separately)|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 2.389" |
Length: 2.037" (2.533" w/caps)
Software: The following software is available for download from the Canon website for use with the EOS M6 Mk II:
- Digital Photo Professional (Windows/Mac): primarily used for browsing, selecting, and developing RAW images. It has various image adjustment functions in the Picture Style format, and allows you to make adjustments easily. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, macOS v10.14 Mojave, macOS v10.13 High Sierra, and macOS Sierra v10.12.
- Image Transfer Utility (Windows/Mac): an application that allows you to save images on your computer after receiving them directly from a Wi-Fi equipped Canon compact digital camera or downloading them from Canon iMAGE Gateway, after they have been uploaded there from a camera via an access point. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS X v.10.11 El Capitan, macOS v10.12 Sierra, and macOS v10.13 High Sierra. (Can also be used on macOS v10.14 Mojave.)
- Picture Style Editor (Windows/Mac): allows you to edit Picture Style to your unique image characteristics and save them as original Picture Style files. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, macOS v10.14 Mojave, macOS v10.13 High Sierra, and macOS v10.12 Sierra.
- EOS Utility: a software application that communicates with your EOS M camera, allowing you to download images, change camera settings, and shoot remotely. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, macOS v10.14 Mojave, macOS v10.13 High Sierra, and macOS v10.12 Sierra.
The Canon EOS M6 II Kit replaces these items
- built-in Wi-Fi for easy sharing and control from smart devices
- 3" tilting LCD touchscreen with touch autofocus and touch shooting
- 49-point Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system for fast, accurate focusing