About the Canon PIXMA Pro-100
Big prints made easy
Big prints made easy
Creating professional-quality poster-size prints just got easier thanks to the Canon Pro-100 inkjet printer. With built-in Wi-Fi® and Ethernet connectivity, this large-format printer gives you the freedom to place it wherever it's convenient while allowing multiple users to seamlessly print from different networked computers anywhere in your home or studio. You can also connect via USB to most newer cameras and camcorders for simple, direct photo printing. Canon's AirPrint feature even lets you print photos, email, Web pages and documents wirelessly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®. Your prints will look fantastic, too. Advanced Canon technology analyzes your images and paper type, then mixes inks precisely to deliver remarkable, grain-free photos with vivid, true-to-life colors, up to 13" x 19".
Accurate and economical
The quiet-running Pro-100 uses eight individual ink tanks to reduce waste and save you money. Instead of replacing an entire multi-color cartridge containing unused ink, you can change just a single color at a time. A convenient low-ink sensor shows you when levels are running low. This allows sufficient time to finish what you're printing, then drop in a new tank to avoid unexpectedly running out of ink.
- print sizes: letter (8-1/2" x 11"), legal, 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 11" x 17", 13" x 19"
- color print resolution: 4800 x 2400 dpi
- print speed:
- 8" x 10" image with border: approximately 51 seconds
- 11" x 14" image with border: approximately 1 minute 30 seconds
- ChromaLife100+ 8-color ink system with individually replaceable ink tanks for accurate printing and reduced waste
- gray and light gray inks for outstanding monochrome photo printing
- Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) technology delivers 3-picoliter sized ink droplets for detailed, grain-free photos
- supports a wide variety of professional and fine art printing papers
- dual paper paths let you load multiple sheets of photo paper in the rear tray or feed single sheets of thicker fine-art paper through the front
- prints on compatible CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs
- Optimum Image Generating (OIG) System analyzes picture information and ink mixtures to deliver the best results for each paper type
- wireless printing through a Wi-Fi computer network (includes support for IEEE 802.11b/g or n standards)
- Ethernet port for printing from a network-connected computer
- AirPrint functionality for direct wireless printing from an iPad, iPhone (3GS or later), or iPod touch (3rd generation or later) device running iOS 4.2 or later
- Direct Print Port for photo printing with PictBridge-compliant cameras and camcorders
- high-speed USB port for connection to a computer
- meets Energy Star® requirements
- 27-1/4"W x 8-1/2"H x 15-1/4"D
- weight: 43.2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 8 ink tanks (black, gray, light gray, cyan, magenta, yellow, photo cyan, photo magenta)
- CD/DVD disc printing tray
- software CD-ROM (Windows® and Mac®)
- USB cable
- AC power cord
- MFR # 6228B002
What's in the box:
- PIXMA Pro-100 Professional Inkjet printer
- 70" AC cord
- 59" USB cable (with Type A USB on one end and Type B USB on the other end)
- CD-R Tray
- Black ink tank (CLI-42BK)
- Cyan ink tank (CLI-42C)
- Magenta ink tank (CLI-42M)
- Yellow ink tank (CLI-42Y)
- Gray ink tank (CLI-42GY)
- Photo Cyan ink tank (CLI-42PC)
- Photo Magenta ink tank (CLI-42PM)
- Light Gray ink tank (CLI-42LGY)
- PIXMA Pro-100 series Setup CD-ROM for Windows (U1.0)
- PIXMA Pro-100 series Setup CD-ROM for Mac OS (U1.0)
- Sample pack of five 8.5" x 11" sheets of LU-101 Photo Paper Pro Luster
- Getting Started booklet (Eng/Span)
- Setup for Non-PC Device Printing (Eng/Span)
- Limited US Warranty sheet (Eng/Span)
- Important Notice sheet (concerning the proper handling of the Print Head)
- Safety and Important Information sheet (Eng/Span)
- Apple Air Print sheet
- "Get the Most Out of Your Canon Pro Printer" sheet
More details on the Canon PIXMA Pro-100
ChromaLife 100+ Ink System: The Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Photo Printer features the Canon 8-color ChromaLife 100+ dye-based ink system for rich color reproduction. There are three monochrome inks to give you enhanced, deep black density when creating black & white photos. The ink tanks are 13ml in volume. The following inks are included with the printer:
- CLI-42BK: Black
- CLI-42GY: Gray
- CLI-42LGY: Light Gray
- CLI-42C: Cyan
- CLI-42M: Magenta
- CLI-42Y: Yellow
- CLI-42PC: Photo Cyan
- CLI-42PM: Photo Magenta
Optimum Image Generating System: The Optimum Image Generating (OIG) System utilizes two major technologies implemented in the PIXMA Pro-100. The first is a sophisticated mixing balance of inks determined from numerous ink combinations and advanced analysis. During this analysis, the OIG System carefully calculates the best results for each print mode and paper type used while looking at various image factors including color reproduction, tonal gradations, black density, low graininess, glossiness, anti-bronzing and anti-metamerism. These critical ink balancing principles are derived from Canon's expertise in imaging technology, as well as the familiar colors of life that people see and remember on a daily basis. The second is the balancing of color reproduction, tonal gradations, and uniform glossiness.
Resolution: Canon's Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses a high-performance print head with an amazing 6,144 nozzles, ejecting precise, consistent droplets as small as 3 picoliters. The result is 4800 x 2400 dpi max resolution for color and black & white prints producing richer images with improved brilliancy, rivaling that of positive film.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet Connectivity: The Pro-100 has built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and an RJ-45 Ethernet port to allow you to place the printer where it's convenient, especially when there isn't room near your computer. Multiple users can print from several computers, either wirelessly or networked together.
USB Connectivity: The printer has two USB inputs: a Type B Hi-Speed USB port for connecting your computer to the printer, and a Type A USB "PictBridge" port for printing directly from a compatible digital camera, camcorder, or camera phone, without a computer.
Apple AirPrint: The printer is compatible with Apple AirPrint, which enables you to print photos, email, Web pages, and documents directly from your Apple device to the printer without installing a driver. Functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as the iOS device.
PictBridge: You can connect this printer directly to any PictBridge-compliant digital camera. The PictBridge standard allows you to connect a PictBridge-compliant digital camera directly to a PictBridge-compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
Print Sizes: The Pro-100 can make various sizes of bordered or borderless photos. It can print 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 8.5" x 11" (letter), 11" x 14" (legal), 11" x 17", and 13" x 19" sized photos. It can also print letter and legal sized documents.
Paper Type: The Pro-100 printer is compatible with many varieties of Canon photo and fine art paper. In addition, you can use papers from numerous non-Canon brands. Plain paper, including recycled paper, from 17 lb to 28 lb can be used as well. The Canon paper recommended for the Pro-100 include:
- Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101)
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)
- Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201)
- Photo Paper Plus Luster (LU-101)
- Matte Photo Paper (MP-101)
- Fine Art Photo Rag (FA-PR1)
- Fine Art Museum Etching (FA-ME1)
Dual Paper Path: The Pro-100 has two paper sources. The rear tray (or "auto sheet feeder") allows you to load up to 150 sheets of plain paper, up to 20 sheets of photo paper, up to 10 sheets of Letter/8" x 10" photo paper, or 1 sheet of A3+ photo paper. Single sheets or particularly thick paper up to 14" x 17" can be fed from the Manual Feeder.
Disc Label Printing: In addition to conventional printing, the Pro-100 has a tray that allows you to print directly onto the printable surface of a CD or DVD. You can use standard sized 12 cm or the smaller 8 cm discs (with supplied adapter). The discs used must be specifically compatible with inkjet printers. The printable area of the disc excludes the 1 mm area from the internal and external diameters of the label.
Print Speed: The printer can produce an 8" x 10" bordered color photo in approximately 51 seconds. An 11'' x 14" color and grayscale photo can be printed in approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds. The USB Hi-Speed interface enables fast data transfers from your computer, reducing total print time.
Grayscale: This printer allows you to print full-color digital photos in grayscale. The printer uses black and gray ink for grayscale printing together with the minimum amount of color ink required. This prevents color inconsistency in grayscale photos. In addition, you can print grayscale photos with a cool bluish tint or a warm reddish tint.
Ink Level: You can confirm the ink level using the printer status monitor, displayed every time you print from your computer. You can also confirm ink status using the ink lamps on the printer. LEDs above each ink tank will flash slowly or quickly to indicate whether the ink is low or out.
Operating System Compatibility: The Canon Pro-100 printer is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 (SP1)
- Windows Vista (SP2)
- Windows XP (SP3) (32-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.77
Included Software: The included CD-ROM includes the following software:
- PIXMA PRO-100 Printer Driver
- My Image Garden
- Full HD Movie Print
- Creative Park Premium
- Print Studio Pro
- Quick Menu
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked