About the Canon PIXMA PRO-200
Create professional-quality prints at home
Canon's PIXMA PRO-200 is a compact, user-friendly inkjet printer that lets you create gorgeous photos at home. This printer's eight-color ink system gives you rich, vibrant colors and deep blacks — perfect for printing photos from trips, graduations, weddings, and other special moments.
- 8-color dye-based ink system gives you rich, vibrant colors and deep blacks
- compact size lets you print high-quality photos without taking up lots of desk or table space
- 3" LCD screen for easily checking ink levels and printer status
- built-in Wi-Fi® for printing from compatible network devices
- supports wireless printing technologies, including AirPrint® and Google Cloud Print™
- supports a variety of popular photo sizes including 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 13" x 19", and more
- supports custom sizes up to 39" long, including panoramas
- print resolution up to 4800 x 2400 dpi
- Skew Correction automatically corrects for paper skewing to ensure consistently even prints
- supports Canon's Professional Print & Layout software
- dimensions with trays closed: 25-1/4"W x 7-15/16"H x 15"D
- dimensions with trays extended: 25-1/4"W x 16-7/16"H x 33"D
- weight: 32 lbs.
- set of 8 ink tanks
- setup CD and user guide
- 5 sheets of 8.5" x 11" sample photo paper
- AC power cord
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4280C002
What's in the box:
- Photo printer
- Print head
- CLI-65Y Yellow ink tank
- CLI-65PC Photo Cyan ink tank
- CLI-65C Cyan ink tank
- CLI-65GY Gray ink tank
- CLI-65LGY Light Gray ink tank
- CLI-65BK Black ink tank
- CLI-65PM Photo Magenta ink tank
- CLI-65M Magenta ink tank
- Multi-purpose tray
- 60" AC power cord (non-polarized C7 plug)
- LU-101 Pro Luster sample paper pack (five 8.5" x 11" sheets)
- Setup CD-ROM (Windows)
- Getting Started booklet
- Safety and Important Information
- Important Notice (on print head)
- Limited Warranty sheet
Canon PIXMA PRO-200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon PIXMA PRO-200
Overview: The Canon PIXMA Pro-200 (4280C002AA) is an affordable model in the Pro Series of professional inkjet printers. The Pro-200 is capable of making high-quality prints on paper up to 13" x 19". The printer supports high-speed printing, and is capable of printing an 8 x 10-inch bordered color photo in approxmately 53 seconds. The Pro-200 comes with a print head with 8 individual dye-based ChromaLife100+ ink tanks. The printer operates quietly with a noise level of approximately 42.2dB(A). The dimensions of the printer are as follows:
3" Color LCD: The Pro-200 features a large 3" color LCD for displaying messages, menu items, and the operational status of the printer. At a glance, you can view the status of each individual ink tank. Any time one of the ink tanks is running low or has run out of ink, the LCD will display a warning symbol. The LCD also provides Wi-Fi signal strength and Network status displays. When using the menu, you can use the Up, Down, and OK buttons to select a menu item and perform each setting. Some printer settings and basic maintenance functions can be performed directly on the printer without a computer. The printer supports up to 33 languages for messages and menus on the LCD.
ChromaLife100+ Ink System: The Pro-200 printer features a print head with 8 color dye-based inks for vivid color and monochrome reproduction. Each ink tank is 12.6ml in volume (about 0.42 fluid ounces). ChromaLife100+ CLI-65 ink is specially formulated to provide deep blacks, better color reproduction, especially in dark areas of red and blue, and enhanced red and magenta. The following inks are included with the printer:
- CLI-65BK: Black
- CLI-65GY: Gray
- CLI-65LGY: Light Gray
- CLI-65Y: Yellow
- CLI-65C: Cyan
- CLI-65PC: Photo Cyan
- CLI-65M: Magenta
- CLI-65PM: Photo Magenta
FINE Print Head: The printer is equipped with a large FINE (Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering) print head with a tubular ink delivery system, which helps prevent clogging and improves print speeds. Each of the 8 ink tanks has 768 nozzles for a total of 6,144 nozzles. The print head produces ink droplets as small as 4 picoliters. The printer is capable of producing color and monochrome prints with a resolution of up to 4800 x 2400 dpi (dots per inch).
Skew Correction: The printer features accurate paper feeding with built-in sensors to automatically correct for paper skewing. This Skew Correction ensures your prints come out straight every time.
Paper Sizes: The Pro-200 can make bordered or borderless photos with the following paper sizes:
- 3.5" x 3.5" Square
- 3.5" x 5"
- 4" x 6"
- 5" x 5" Square
- 5" x 7"
- 7" x 10"
- 8" x 10"
- Letter (8.5" x 11")
- Legal (8.5" x 14")
- 10" x 12"
- 11" x 17" (Ledger)
- 12" x 12" Square
- 13" x 19" (A3+)
- 210 x 594mm (Panorama size)
- Custom up to 13" x 39".
Print Speed: The printer can produce an 11" x 14" bordered color photo in approximately 1 minutes 50 seconds. An 8" x 10" bordered color photo can be printed in approximately 53 seconds. Test were conducted using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II.
Paper Type: The Pro-200 printer is compatible with many varieties of genuine Canon photo and fine art paper. In addition, you can use papers from numerous non-Canon brands. Plain paper, including recycled paper, from 17 lb to 28 lb can be used as well. The Canon paper recommended for the Pro-200 include:
- Plain: Plain paper
- Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum
- Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy
- Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster
- Matte: Matte Photo Paper, Photo Paper Premium Matte
- Fine Art: Premium Fine Art Rough
- Other (non-Canon): Greeting Cards, Printable Nail Stickers, Cardstock, Printable CD/DVD/Blu-ray Discs, Recycled paper, Chlorine-free paper
Dual Paper Path: The Pro-200 has two paper sources. The Top Feed lets you load paper from 4" x 6" to A3+ size. Several sheets of the same size and type of paper can be loaded at the same time, and fed automatically one sheet at a time. The maximum number of sheets varies with the type: plain paper - 80-100 sheets; small photo paper (4" x 6") - 20 sheets; larger photo paper (5" x 7", 8" x 10") - 10 sheets. The Manual Feed Tray will accept paper from 8" x 10" to A3+ size one at a time. The paper output tray can hold approximately 50 sheets.
Multi-purpose Tray: The printer includes a Multi-purpose Tray for printing on unusual media. The tray fits into a slot in the front of the printer, and has a circular holder for a standard-sized (12 cm) printable disc. A printable disc is similar to a regular Blu-ray, DVD, or CD, but has a label surface that is compatible with an inkjet printer. Canon's Printable Nail Stickers (NL-101) allow you to print attractive designs onto fingernail-sized stickers. The sticker sheets fit into the Multi-purpose Tray for printing. When not using the Multi-purpose Tray, it can be stored in a compartment under the front panel of the printer.
EnergyStar Certified: The PIXMA Pro-200 printer is EnergyStar certified due to its efficient usage of electricity. In addition, there are a couple of Energy Saving settings: Auto Power On automatically turns on the printer when data is received. Auto Power Off automatically turns off the printer when there are no operations from the printer or printer driver for a specified period of time (adjustable in the menu). The printer's power consumption specifications are as follows:
- During Printing: 16 watts or less
- Standby (minimum): 1 watt or less
- Off: 0.2 watts or less
Printer Interfaces: The Canon PIXMA Pro-200 features the following interfaces:
- Hi-Speed USB: The printer has a Type B Hi-Speed USB port for connecting your computer to the printer. (USB cable not included)
- Wired LAN: The Pro-200 is equipped with an RJ-45 Ethernet port for connecting the printer to a Wired LAN (100BASE-TX / 10BASE-T)
- Wi-Fi: The printer features built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz). You can connect wirelessly to your computer or to a smartphone/tablet using a router, or via Wi-Fi Direct (2.4 GHz only). The wireless range is approximately 164 feet (50 meters), depending on the installation environment and location. Mobile devices must have the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app loaded on the device. The app is compatible with Android devices running Android 4.4 and up, and with Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 12.0 or later.
AirPrint: AirPrint allows you to wirelessly print from an Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later. The mobile device and the printer must be on the same network. If the printer is connected to a Mac running Mac OS X 10.9 or later, AirPrint is supported via USB connection.
PictBridge Wireless Printing: You can wirelessly connect the printer to a digital camera, camcorder, or camera-equipped mobile phone without using a computer. Wireless printing requires both the camera and printer to connect to a working network (802.11 a/b/g/n).
Operating System Compatibility: The Canon Pro-200 printer is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (SP1)
- Mac OS X v10.11.6, macOS 10.12 - macOS 10.15
- Mobile: iOS, Android, Windows 10 Mobile
Software: Software designed to optimize the setup of the Pro-200 printer is included on the supplied CD-ROM disc. Other software is available for download from the Canon website, or third party sites, including:
- PIXMA Pro-200 Wireless 13 Professional Inkjet Photo Printer Driver
- Professional Print & Layout Guide: This software lets you edit layout and perform color management.
- Media Configuration Tool: The Media Configuration Tool enables you to obtain high quality print results by utilizing the optimal printer settings that have been consolidated into a media information file for each type of paper.
- Mobile Apps: AirPrint, Canon PRINT, Canon Print Service (Android only), Easy PhotoPrint Editor, Mopria, Cloud Link
The Canon PIXMA PRO-200 replaces these items
- built-in Wi-Fi® and Ethernet connectivity, plus AirPrint for wireless printing with Apple iOS® devices
- print photos up to 13" x 19"
- 8-color ink system for high-accuracy printing
2 questions already asked