About the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300
Create stunning, pro-level prints at home
Create stunning, pro-level prints at home
Canon's imagePROGRAF PRO-300 is a compact, user-friendly inkjet printer that lets you create gorgeous photos at home or in the studio. I especially like it for photographers who sell or showcase their work, and want fast, consistently reliable results.
The imagePROGRAF PRO-300 helps you create beautiful color or B&W prints at home.
Advanced printing technology
The imagePROGRAF PRO-300's pigment-based LUCIA PRO ink technology includes 10 individual ink cartridges (nine colors, plus one for Chroma Optimizer). Together, they use 7,680 nozzles for detailed, evenly distributed ink coverage.
A skew correction function ensures that all types of paper, including thick fine art papers, can be fed without the need for reprints.
The Chroma Optimizer difference
Canon's Chroma Optimizer process adds a special coating that enhances the look of your prints. During the printing process, Chroma Optimizer is applied over the top of the printed image.
This process also fills in the gaps between ink droplets, smoothing and leveling the surface of the print for uniform glossiness, smooth tonal gradations in colors, and excellent black levels.
- compact size lets you print high-quality photos without taking up lots of desk or table space
- supports a variety of popular photo sizes including 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 13" x 19", and more
- supports custom sizes up to 39" long, including panoramas
- print resolution up to 4800 x 1200 dpi for both color and black & white photos
- 3" LCD status screen for easily checking ink levels and printer status
- L-COA PRO image processing engine enables high-speed processing of image data
- pigment-based LUCIA PRO ink technology with 10 individual 14.4ml ink cartridges
- 3 monochrome inks (Matte Black, Photo Black, Gray) ensure smooth tonality throughout your entire print
- Chroma Optimizer cartridge applies a special coating on the print surface for enhanced black density and uniform glossiness
- 768 nozzles per cartridge for detailed, accurate ink coverage
- anti-clogging nozzle technology reduces wasted ink
- Skew Correction automatically corrects for paper skewing to ensure consistently even prints
- dual paper paths let you load photo paper though the top feed or rear manual-feed slot
- supports Canon's Professional Print & Layout software
- built-in Wi-Fi® for printing from compatible network devices
- supports wireless printing technologies, including AirPrint® and Google Cloud Print™
- high-speed USB port for connection to a computer
- dimensions with trays closed: 25-1/4"W x 7-15/16"H x 15"D
- dimensions with trays extended: 25-1/4"W x 16-7/16"H x 33"D
- weight: 31.6 lbs.
- set of 10 ink tanks
- setup CD and user guide
- 5 sheets of 8.5" x 11" sample photo paper
- AC power cord
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4278C002
What's in the box:
- Photo printer
- Print head
- PFI-300 MBK Matte Black ink tank
- PFI-300 PBK Photo Black ink tank
- PFI-300 GY Gray ink tank
- PFI-300 C Cyan ink tank
- PFI-300 PC Photo Cyan ink tank
- PFI-300 M Magenta ink tank
- PFI-300 PM Photo Magenta ink tank
- PFI-300 Y Yellow ink tank
- PFI-300 R Red ink tank
- PFI-300 CO Color Optimizer ink tank
- LU-101 Pro Luster sample paper pack (five 8.5" x 11" sheets)
- Multi-purpose tray
- 62" AC power cord (non-polarized C7 plug)
- Setup CD-ROM (Windows)
- Getting Started booklet
- Safety and Important Information
- Important Notice (on print head)
- Limited Warranty sheet
- Online Printing Resources promo sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300
Overview: The Canon imagePROGRAF Pro-300 is the newest affordable model in the Pro Series of professional inkjet printers. The Pro-300 is capable of making high-quality prints on paper up to 13" wide. It comes with 10 individual ink tanks. The dimensions of the printer are as follows:
3" Color LCD: The Pro-300 features a large 3" color LCD for displaying messages, menu items, and the operational status of the printer. At a glance, you can view the status of each individual ink tank. Any time one of the ink tanks is running low or has run out of ink, the LCD will display a warning symbol. The LCD also provides Wi-Fi signal strength and Network status displays. When using the menu, you can use the Up, Down, and OK buttons to select a menu item and perform each setting.
Lucia Pro Ink System: The Pro-300 printer features the Lucia Pro ink system, with 9 pigment-based colors plus Chroma Optimizer, for rich color reproduction. Each ink tank is 14.4ml in volume (about 1/2 ounce). Having two types of black ink (Matte Black and Photo Black) lets you print on fine art paper, then glossy paper, without changing ink tanks. The following inks are included with the printer:
- PFI-500 R: Red
- PFI-500 Y: Yellow
- PFI-500 GY: Gray
- PFI-500 C: Cyan
- PFI-500 PC: Photo Cyan
- PFI-500 M: Magenta
- PFI-500 PM: Photo Magenta
- PFI-500 MBK: Matte Black
- PFI-500 PBK: Photo Black
- PFI-500 CO: Chroma Optimizer
FINE Print Head: The printer is equipped with a large FINE (Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering) print head with a tubular ink delivery system, which helps prevent clogging and improves print speeds. In addition, sensors in the head are constantly monitoring performance, and when a clogged nozzle is detected, another one automatically provides backup (Nozzle Recovery System). This prevents wasted prints due to unwanted white lines in solid areas of the print, and extends the time between nozzle cleanings. Each of the 10 ink tanks has 768 nozzles for a total of 7,680 nozzles. The print head produces ink droplets as small as 4 picoliters. The printer is capable of producing color and black & white prints with a resolution of up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (dots per inch).
Skew Correction: The printer features accurate paper feeding with built-in sensors to automatically correct for paper skewing. This Skew Correction ensures your prints come out straight every time.
Paper Sizes: The Pro-300 can make bordered or borderless photos with the following paper sizes:
- 3.5" x 3.5" Square
- 3.5" x 5"
- 4" x 6"
- 5" x 5" Square
- 5" x 7"
- 7" x 10"
- 8" x 10"
- Letter (8.5" x 11")
- Legal (8.5" x 14")
- 10" x 12"
- 11" x 17" (Ledger)
- 12" x 12" Square
- 13" x 19" (A3+)
- 210 x 594mm (Panorama size)
- Custom up to 13" x 39".
Print Speed: The printer can produce an 11" x 14" bordered color photo in approximately 2 minutes 50 seconds. An 8" x 10" bordered color photo can be printed in approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds. Test were conducted using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II.
Paper Type: The Pro-300 printer is compatible with many varieties of genuine Canon photo and fine art paper. In addition, you can use papers from numerous non-Canon brands. Plain paper, including recycled paper, from 17 lb to 28 lb can be used as well. The Canon paper recommended for the Pro-300 include:
- Plain: Plain paper
- Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum
- Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy
- Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster
- Matte: Matte Photo Paper, Photo Paper Premium Matte
- Fine Art: Premium Fine Art Smooth, Premium Fine Art Rough
- Other (non-Canon): Greeting Cards, Photo Stickers, Printable Nail Stickers, Cardstock, Printable CD/DVD/Blu-ray Discs, Chlorine-free paper
Dual Paper Path: The Pro-300 has two paper sources. The Top Feed lets you load paper from 4" x 6" to A3+ size. Several sheets of the same size and type of paper can be loaded at the same time, and fed automatically one sheet at a time. The maximum number of sheets varies with the type: plain paper - 80-100 sheets; small photo paper (4" x 6") - 20 sheets; larger photo paper (5" x 7", 8" x 10") - 10 sheets. The Manual Feed Tray will accept paper from 8" x 10" to A3+ size one at a time. The paper output tray can hold approximately 50 sheets.
Multi-purpose Tray: The printer includes a Multi-purpose Tray for printing on unusual media. The tray fits into a slot in the front of the printer, and has a circular holder for a standard-sized (12 cm) printable disc. A printable disc is similar to a regular Blu-ray, DVD, or CD, but has a label surface that is compatible with an inkjet printer. Canon's Printable Nail Stickers (NL-101) allow you to print attractive designs onto fingernail-sized stickers. The sticker sheets fit into the Multi-purpose Tray for printing. When not using the Multi-purpose Tray, it can be stored in a compartment under the front panel of the printer.
Printer Interfaces: The Canon imagePROGRAF Pro-300 features the following interfaces:
- Hi-Speed USB: The printer has a Type B Hi-Speed USB port for connecting your computer to the printer.
- Wired LAN: The Pro-300 is equipped with an RJ-45 Ethernet port for connecting the printer to a Wired LAN (100BASE-TX / 10BASE-T)
- Wi-Fi: The printer features built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n/a; 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz). You can connect wirelessly to your computer or to a smartphone/tablet using a router, or via Wi-Fi Direct (2.4 GHz only). The wireless range is approximately 164 feet (50 meters), depending on the installation environment and location. Mobile devices must have the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app loaded on the device. The app is compatible with Android devices running Android 4.4 and up, and with Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 12.0 or later.
AirPrint: AirPrint allows you to wirelessly print from an Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later. The mobile device and the printer must be on the same network. If the printer is connected to a Mac running Mac OS X 10.9 or later, AirPrint is supported via USB connection.
PictBridge Wireless Printing: You can wirelessly connect the printer to a digital camera, camcorder, or camera-equipped mobile phone without using a computer. Wireless printing requires both the camera and printer to connect to a working network (802.11 b/g/n/a).
Operating System Compatibility: The Canon Pro-300 printer is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (SP1)
- Mac OS X v10.11.6, macOS 10.12 - macOS 10.15
Software: Software designed to optimize the setup of the Pro-300 printer is included on the supplied CD-ROM disc. Other software is available for download from the Canon website, including:
- imagePROGRAF Pro-300 Printer Driver
- Easy-PhotoPrint Editor: The Easy-PhotoPrint Editor software helps you edit and print images stored on your computer or in the cloud.
- Professional Print & Layout Guide: This software lets you edit layout and perform color management.
- IJ Network Device Setup Utility: The software enables your computer to communicate with the printer. It helps you configure the basic settings.
- Media Configuration Tool: The Media Configuration Tool enables you to obtain high quality print results by utilizing the optimal printer settings that have been consolidated into a media information file for each type of paper.
1 question already asked