Canon RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM
L-series zoom lens for Canon EOS R mirrorless cameras
Item # 280R24105L | MFR # 2963C002
$1,099.00 Earn up to 1,099 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Canon RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A go-to lens for the Canon EOS R
Canon's RF 24-105mm lens is the perfect complement to the EOS R. This premium L-series lens covers a wide range of situations, letting you go from expansive wide-angle shooting to tight close-ups at a moment's notice. It works equally well for shooting landscapes, portraits, and everything in between. This versatile zoom could easily become the lens you keep on your camera at all times.
Clear, sharp photos any time of day
A constant f/4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range ensures your images will be consistently well-exposed by allowing you to change focal lengths without having to adjust your exposure settings once you've dialed them in. The lens's nine-blade circular aperture gives you super-smooth, natural-looking defocused background highlights, drawing all the attention to your subject. Built-in image stabilization minimizes image blur and camera shake when shooting indoors or in low light.
- lens type: RF mount full frame
- compatible with Canon EOS R mirrorless cameras
- Nano USM (Ultrasonic Motor) system for fast, silent autofocus
- dust- and water-resistant construction for shooting in adverse weather conditions
- smudge-resistant fluorine coating on front and rear lens elements repels dirt and dust for easy cleaning
- Air Sphere Coating (ASC) minimizes ghosting and flare
- customizable control ring on lens barrel allows direct adjustments to settings like shutter speed, aperture, and more
- control ring produces audible clicks for feedback when looking through viewfinder; clicking mechanism can be removed by a Canon service provider for a fee
- constant f/4 maximum aperture for consistent low-light performance throughout zoom range
- built-in image stabilization for sharper images at slower shutter speeds
- minimum focus distance: 1.48'
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 18 elements in 14 groups
- 3 aspherical elements and 1 UD (ultra-low dispersion) element for sharp, dynamic images with excellent detail and contrast
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- filter diameter: 77mm
- lens is 4-1/4" long, 3-5/16" in diameter
- weight: 24.7 oz.
- includes front and rear lens caps, lens hood, and case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens
- Lens cap E-77II (installed)
- Lens dust cap RF (installed)
- LZ1319 Lens case
- EW-83N Lens hood
- Warranty card
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Overview: The Canon RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM standard zoom lens covers a wide range of focal lengths from wide angle to mid telephoto. The lens maintains a constant f/4 maximum aperture throughout the full zoom range. It also features a built-in Image Stabilizer (IS), as well as a Nano USM.
Lens Construction: The lens is constructed of 18 lens elements in 14 groups. The lens has three Glass-molded (GMo) aspheric lens elements, and an Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) lens element.
Lens Coatings: The front and rear lens surfaces are coated with non-stick fluorine to help reduce smears and fingerprints. This helps prevents dust, water, oil, and other surface residue from sticking to the lens, and allows you to quickly and easily wipe the lens clean without the use of solvents. In addition, Air Sphere Coating (ASC) on the lens elements help to combat flare, ghosting, and reflections with reduced aberrations.
12-pin Communication: The Canon RF-series lenses feature a 12-pin communication system between the camera and the lens (compared to 8 pins for the EF-series). This 12-pin system is the fastest available for a Canon lens and camera combination, and provides faster AF, Image Stabilization, Digital Lens Optimizer, and more. In addition, the EOS R camera can display lens information directly to the viewfinder, making it easy to confirm the lens' focal length without looking away from your subject.
Control Ring: The RF-series lenses feature a control ring on the lens barrel, which can be assigned to functions that are commonly used on the camera. These functions include shutter speed and aperture settings, or exposure compensation. The ring has a clicking mechanism that acts as a confirmation that the settings are being changed.
Note: The clicking sound could possibly be picked up by the microphone while shooting movies. If you desire a silent control ring, the clicking mechanism can be removed by a Canon service provider (for a fee).
Image Stabilizer (IS): The built-in Image Stabilizer can be used in the AF (autofocus) or MF (manual focus) modes. The Image Stabilizer gives the equivalent effect of a shutter speed 5 stops faster. The 2-position switch located on the barrel of the lens allows you to turn the image stabilizer on and off.
Nano USM: The RF 24-105mm lens is equipped with Canon's Nano USM (Ultra-Sonic Motor). The Nano USM combines a conventional ring USM and STM (lead-screw type) AF, and features a small chip-shaped ultrasonic motor to give you high-speed, smooth, and precise autofocus and full-time manual focus. The Nano USM operates in near silence, making it ideal for video recording.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether the lens is set to manual or auto focus mode, the focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually fine-tune the focus by turning the focusing ring.
Lens Hood: The included EW-83N lens hood can keep unwanted light out of the lens, and protect the lens from rain, snow, and dust. You can reverse-mount the lens hood on the lens for storage.
Optional Filters: The RF 24-105mm lens has a 77mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters.
- Focal Length: 24-105mm
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters: 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 70mm, 85mm, and 105mm
- Aperture Design: 9-blade circular
- Lens Construction: 18 elements in 14 groups
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.48 feet (17.76 inches)
- Diagonal Angle of View: 84° to 23°20'
- Dimensions: 3.275" Diameter, 4.505" Length (5.202" with caps)
- Weight: 24.4 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.