About the Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM
A great walk-around lens for your Canon EOS R series camera
Canon's RF 24-240mm lens is a great complement to Canon's EOS R series mirrorless cameras. This versatile zoom covers a wide range of situations, letting you go from expansive wide-angle shooting to tight close-ups at a moment's notice. It works equally well for shooting landscapes, portraits, and everything in between. It could easily become the lens you keep on your camera at all times. Built-in image stabilization minimizes image blur and camera shake when shooting indoors or in low light.
- lens type: RF mount full frame
- compatible with Canon EOS R series mirrorless cameras
- Nano USM (Ultrasonic Motor) system for fast, silent autofocus
- built-in image stabilization for sharper images at slower shutter speeds
- minimum focus distance: 1.64'
- lens construction: 21 elements in 15 groups
- 1 aspherical element and 2 UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements for sharp, dynamic images with excellent detail and contrast
- 7-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- filter diameter: 72mm
- lens is 3-1/4" in diameter and 4-13/16" long
- weight: 26.5 oz.
- includes front and rear lens caps
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3684C002
What's in the box:
- RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM lens
- E-72 II Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear dust cap RF (installed)
- Canon Interchangeable Lens Instructions
- Canon Limited Warranty/Dealer Record
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM
Overview: The Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM standard zoom lens covers a wide range of focal lengths from wide angle to telephoto. This 10x zoom lens is lightweight, allowing you to travel lighter by covering a wide variety of subjects with a single lens. The RF 24-240mm lens has a combination focus/control ring on the lens barrel that lets you quickly switch between the two functions. Its Optical Image Stabilization works with EOS R series cameras to provide up to 5 stops of stabilization.
Lens Construction: The lens is constructed of 21 lens elements in 15 groups. The lens has 1 aspheric lens element, and 2 Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) lens elements.
12-pin Communication: The Canon RF-series lenses feature a 12-pin communication system between the camera and the lens (compared to 8 pins for the EF-series). This 12-pin system is the fastest available for a Canon lens and camera combination, and provides faster AF, Image Stabilization, Digital Lens Optimizer, and more. In addition, the EOS R camera can display lens information directly to the viewfinder, making it easy to confirm the lens' focal length without looking away from your subject.
Focus/Control Ring: The RF 24-240mm lens features a combination focus/control ring on the lens barrel. The ring has a smooth action for accurate manual focusing. With a flip of a switch, the focus ring becomes the control ring to help you make quick user-defined exposure changes. Unlike the other RF-series lenses, the control ring on the RF 24-240mm lens has no click stops, so you can even operate the control ring while shooting video.
Image Stabilizer (IS): The RF 24-240mm lens is the first Canon lens to have Dynamic IS for full frame cameras (in Movie Mode), even applying correction while walking.The Optical Image Stabilization works in conjunction with the EOS R series cameras, sharing data between the lens and camera, to dramatically reduce blur caused by camera shake. The IS provides up to 5 stops of shake correction. The built-in Image Stabilization can be used for shooting still images and recording videos, and is also effective in low-light or long zoom situations.
Nano USM: The RF 24-240mm lens is equipped with Canon's Nano USM (Ultra-Sonic Motor). The Nano USM combines a conventional ring USM and STM (lead-screw type) AF, and features a small chip-shaped ultrasonic motor to give you high-speed, smooth, and precise autofocus and full-time manual focus. The Nano USM operates in near silence, making it ideal for video recording.
Optional Filters: The RF 24-240mm lens has a 72mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters.
- Focal Length: 24-240mm
- Aperture Range: f/4 (W) - 6.3 (T)
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters: 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 70mm, 100mm, 150mm, 240mm
- Aperture Design: 7-blade circular
- Lens Construction: 21 elements in 15 groups (1 Aspherical lens, 2 UD lenses)
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Minimum Focus Distance:
- Wide Angle: 1.64 feet (19.68 inches)
- Telephoto: 2.56 feet (30.72 inches)
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.175", Length 5.046" (5.783" with caps)
- Weight: 26.5 ounces