About the Canon EOS R5 L Series Zoom Kit
Canon's best-ever mirrorless camera
Canon's best-ever mirrorless camera
There was a lot of hype leading up to the debut of Canon's EOS R5. As a long-time Canon fanatic, I was curious to see what the company had in store for its mirrorless camera franchise. And I have to admit, after seeing what the full-frame R5 can do, I've become smitten myself. Just check out some of the details.
The EOS R5 packs a number of upgrades over its highly acclaimed predecessor, the EOS R. You get in-body image stabilization, 4K/120p video recording, a whopping 45-megapixel image sensor, and — a must-have for wedding and event photographers — dual card slots with simultaneous recording.
Enjoy shake-free photos and videos
The feature I was most excited about with the R5 is its all-new in-body image stabilization system — the first of its kind for Canon. It lets you take photos in low-light environments at slow shutter speeds, a situation where slight movements of your hands would normally affect your image quality.
The image stabilization system is particularly helpful when recording handheld video. You'll capture super-smooth footage without the "jumping" effect that non-stabilized cameras can produce.
The R5's top-panel LCD screen gives you real-time feedback on exposure settings, battery life, and more.
This kit includes a sweet, all-purpose RF lens
One of the best reasons to consider the R5 is Canon's magnificent lineup of matching RF lenses. To make getting started with your new camera easy, this kit includes an RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM lens.
I adore this focal length for its versatility. Take stunning portraits at 105mm, or zoom out to photograph expansive landscapes at 24mm.
This lens can also capture superb video, thanks to built-in image stabilization and a quiet autofocus motor.
Compatible with your existing Canon glass
If you already own Canon EF or EF-S lenses, good news: you can use them with the R5. That's huge, since for many of us, our investment into can well outweigh the cost of a camera itself. Use one of Canon's EOS mount adapters to attach your existing glass to the EOS R5, and capture ultra-high-quality images and videos with your new camera.
- kit includes RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM zoom lens
- ideal for portrait, landscape, and everyday photography
- built-in image stabilization for sharp images at slow shutter speeds
- constant f/4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
- Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast, silent autofocus when capturing video
- 45-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
- in-body image stabilization for up to 8 stops of shake correction
- DIGIC X image processor for speedy operation and reduced noise at high ISO settings
- compatible with Canon RF lenses
- optional EOS mount adapters allow you to use Canon EF and EF-S lenses
- not compatible with Canon EF-M lenses
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allows easy file sharing and remote control from smart devices
- 3.15" high-resolution 2.10-million-dot LCD rotating touchscreen with anti-smudge coating and brightness control
- high-resolution 5.76-million-dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- provides 100% frame coverage
- self-cleaning sensor with dust deletion feature
- rechargeable LP-E6N lithium ion battery, charger, IFC-100U interface cable, and neck strap included
- 8K at 30 frames per second
- 4K at 30, 60, or 120 frames per second
- Canon Log gamma profile supports HDR movie production
- 10-bit 4:2:2 HDMI output lets you record cinema-quality video to an external monitor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II autofocus system for fast, accurate focusing
- 1,053 automatic AF zones
- Face+Tracking AF and Eye Detection AF modes lock focus for sharp captures of moving subjects
- Touch and Drag AF mode lets you select a focus point on the LCD screen without moving your eye away from the viewfinder
Exposure modes and controls:
- up to 12 frames per second in high-speed continuous shooting mode with the mechanical shutter
- up to 20 frames per second in high-speed continuous shooting mode with the electronic shutter
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- flexible-priority Fv mode lets you make changes to aperture, shutter speed, or ISO without having to change modes
- shutter speed range: 30-1/8,000 seconds, bulb
- ISO range: 100-51,200 (expandable to ISO 50 to 102,400 equivalents)
- flash sync at 1/200 seconds (mechanical shutter) and 1/250 seconds (electronic shutter)
- high-speed sync mode lets you synchronize the flash to shutter speeds up to 1/8,000
- no built-in flash — works with Canon Speedlites
File formats and storage:
- records in RAW, JPEG, and RAW+JPEG formats
- top JPEG resolution (pixels): 8192 x 5464
- movie file format: MP4
- dual card slots for expanded storage and recording options
Connections and dimensions:
- USB (Type C) interface for fast data transfer and charging (cable included)
- HDMI micro (Type D) output (cable not included)
- 3.5mm microphone input and 3.5mm headphone jack
- camera dimensions: 5-1/2"W x 3-7/8"H x 3-1/2"D
- camera weight: 1.63 pounds (with battery and memory card)
- lens is 3-5/16" wide and 4-1/4" long
- lens weight: 1.54 pounds
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4147C013
What's in the box:
- EOS R5 digital camera body
- Body cap (installed)
- LP-E6NH Lithium-ion rechargeable battery (7.2V 2130mAh)
- Plastic terminal cover (installed)
- LC-E6 battery charger (DC Output: 8.4V 1.0A)
- ER-EOSR5 Shoulder strap
- Cable protector
- 39" USB-C cable (USB-C connectors on each end)
- RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens
- Lens cap E-77II (installed)
- Lens dust cap RF (installed)
- LZ1319 Lens case
- EW-83N Lens hood
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty card
- Register Now card
- image.canon promo sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EOS R5 L Series Zoom Kit
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size||3.2"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-105mm|
|Live Stream Capable||Y|
|CFexpress Cards||Type B|
|SD Cards||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Image Stabilization||In-body + IS lens|
|Highest Resolution||8192 x 5464|
|Video Resolution||8192 x 4320|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||26.08|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Package Overview: Canon's new mirrorless EOS R5 digital camera has a 45 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS image sensor. It features the 54mm wide RF-mount, which is much larger than the EF-mount found on Canon DSLRs. The camera is compatible with RF-mount lenses, and with the EF-EOS R Mount Adapter (sold separately), you can use all of your EF and EF-S lenses. This kit includes the camera body and the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM lens.
45 Megapixel CMOS Sensor: The EOS R5's large, 45 MP full-frame CMOS sensor (36.0mm x 24.0mm) delivers images of up to 8192 x 4320 pixels. The DIGIC X Image Processor enhances the speed of operations in the camera, allowing you to shoot large still image files and even 8K/30p video and 4K video at up to 120 fps.
Clear View LCD II Vari-angle Touch Screen Monitor: The EOS R5 features a 3.15" Clear View LCD II TFT color monitor with approximately 2.1-million dots which allows you to view and shoot real-time images. The monitor has a capacitive touch screen that allows you to make menu selections, touch focus and touch shutter in Live View, and browse images using your fingers. The LCD monitor offers 100% viewing coverage and 7 manual brightness levels to choose from. In Live View, grid lines can be displayed in 9 sections (3x3), 24 sections (6x4), or 9 sections (3x3) with diagonals, as well as a dual-axis electronic level. The Live View function enables you to shoot your subjects while viewing them on the LCD monitor.
0.5" OLED Electronic Viewfinder (EVF): The Canon EOS R5 uses an eye-level viewfinder with 0.76x magnification for approximately 100% vertical and horizontal coverage. The 0.5" OLED EVF has approximately 5.76-million dots. A -4.0 to +2m-1 diopter lets you adjust the viewfinder's image to your eyesight. The EVF supports a refresh rate of up to 120 fps.
Sensor Cleaning System: Canon's Integrated Cleaning system includes a self-cleaning sensor unit that can remove dust on the image sensor. The Self Cleaning Sensor can shake off dust automatically when the camera is powered on or off. You can also activate the sensor clean function manually, if desired.
Recording Media: The EOS R5 is equipped with two memory card slots: one for CFexpress Type B cards, and one for SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards. The SD card slot supports both UHS-I and UHS-II cards. (Use of UHS-II microSDHC/SDXC cards with an adapter is not recommended).
Still Image Recording Formats: The camera records still images in JPEG, HEIF, RAW and C-RAW. JPEG and HEIF images can be set to Fine or Normal compression (Image Quality). Simultaneous RAW + JPEG and RAW + HEIF recording are also possible. The image's aspect ratio can be set to 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, or 1:1. JPEG and HEIF images will be saved with the set aspect ratio, while RAW images will always be saved in 3:2 , Available image sizes include:
|Image Quality||Aspect Ratio|
|RAW/C-RAW||8192 x 5464||5088 x 3392||8192 x 5464||8192 x 5464||8192 x 5464|
|Large ||8192 x 5464||5088 x 3392|| |
7280 x 5464
|8192 x 4608||5456 x 5456|
|Medium||5808 x 3872||---||5152 x 3872||5808 x 3264||3872 x 3872|
|Small 1||4176 x 2784||---||3712 x 2784||4176 x 2344||2784 x 2784|
|Small 2||2400 x 1600||2400 x 1600||2112 x 1600||2400 x 1344||1600 x 1600|
Movies: Movies are recorded in the MP4 and RAW formats, in 8K, 4K, and Full HD, and in three compression methods (All-I, IPB Standard, and IPB-Light):
|Movie Recording Mode|| |
|Frame Rate (fps)||Compression|
8K DCI (17:9)
|8192 x 4320||29.97, 24.00, 23.98||RAW, ALL-I, IPB|
|8K UHD (16:9)||7680 x 4320||29.97, 23.98||ALL-I, IPB|
|4K DCI (17:9)||4096 x 2160||29.97, 24, 23.98||ALL-I, IPB|
|4K DCI (17:9) |
4K DCI Fine
|4096 x 2160||59.94, 29.97, 24.00, 23.98||ALL-I, IPB|
4K DCI (17:9)
|4096 x 2160||119.88||ALL-I|
|4K UHD (16:9)||3840 x 2160||29.97, 23.98||ALL-I, IPB|
|4K UHD (16:9) |
4K UHD Fine
|3840 x 2160||59.94, 29.97, 23.98||ALL-I, IPB|
|4K UHD (16:9) |
High Frame Rate
|3840 x 2160||119.88||ALL-I|
|Full HD (16:9)||1920 x 1080||59.94, 29.97, 23.98||ALL-I, IPB, IPB (Light)|
|Time-lapse Movies |
8K, 4K, Full HD
|7680 x 4320 |
3840 x 2160
1920 x 1080
4K/8K Frame Grab: You can select any desired frame from a 4K or 8K movie, and save it as a JPEG still photo. Frame Grab is done during playback. The resolution of the still images are as follows:
- 8K DCI (17:9): 8192 x 4320
- 8K UHD (16:9): 7680 x 4320
- 4K DCI (17:9): 4096 x 2160
- 4K UHD (16:9): 3840 x 2160
In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS): The EOS R5 is the first Canon camera with 5-axis IBIS (In-Body Image Stabilization), which allows you to shoot still images at slower shutter speeds, and reduce camera shake when shooting movies. In addition, when an RF or EF lens with Optical Image Stabilization is attached, the EOS R5 provides Coordinated Control for an even higher degree of shake correction from 6 to 8 stops.
Drive Modes: The Canon EOS R5 offers the following Drive modes:
- Single Shooting: When you press the shutter button completely, only one shot will be taken.
- Continuous Shooting: While you press and hold the shutter button completely, multiple shots will be
taken continuously. The Shutter Mode and Continuous Shooting mode settings determine the frame rate. Other conditions
(shutter speed, aperture value, lens type, etc.) may slow the shooting frame rate in all modes.
- High-speed Continuous Shooting (Electronic Shutter): Approx. 20 shots per second.
- High-speed Continuous Shooting (Electronic 1st Curtain Shutter):
- Approx. 12 shots per second (Continuous Shooting +)
- Approx. 8 shots per second (Continuous Shooting) mode.
- High-speed Continuous Shooting (Mechanical Shutter):
- Approx. 12 shots per second (Continuous Shooting +)
- Approx. 6 shots per second (Continuous Shooting)
- Low-speed Continuous Shooting (Electronic 1st Curtain and Mechanical Shutter): Approximately 3 shots per second
- Self-Timer/Remote Control: The camera will record an image 2 or 10 seconds after pressing the shutter button on the camera. Using the optional BR-E1 Wireless Remote Control, you can operate the camera from up to approximately 16.4 feet.
5,940-Point Autofocus System: The EOS R5 features a Dual Pixel CMOS AF II system with 5,940 manually selectable AF points (90 x 66) for still photos, and 4,500 points (90 x 50) for movies. In addition, the AF points can be automatically selected in up to 1,053 AF zones (39 x 27) for still photos, and 819 AF zones (39 x 21) for movies.
Focusing Modes: The camera lets you choose one of the methods for focusing:
- One-Shot AF: suited for still subjects, the camera focuses only once.
- Servo AF: for moving subjects when the focusing distance keeps changing. The subject will be focused continuously while the shutter button is pressed halfway.
- Manual Focusing: focusing manually using the focus ring on the attached lens
Subject to Detect: In the Autofocus menu, you can choose the type of subject you want the camera to detect. If you choose "People," the camera prioritizes faces or heads of people as the main subjects to track. If "Animals" is chosen, the camera detects dogs, cats, birds, and other animals, as well as humans to track. The menu lets you enable Eye Detection for people or animals to help focus on the subject. Otherwise, the camera determines the main subject automatically from the subject information detectes.
Shooting Modes: The EOS R5's offers the following shooting modes:
- Fully Automatic (Scene Intelligent Auto): The camera analyses the scene and sets the optimum settings automatically.
- Program AE (P): The camera automatically sets the shutter speed and aperture value to suit the scene's brightness.
- Shutter-Priority AE (Tv): In this mode, you set the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture value to suit the brightness of the subject. A slow shutter speed can create a blurred effect, while a fast shutter speed can freeze action.
- Aperture-priority AE (Av): In this mode, you set the desired aperture value and the camera sets the shutter speed automatically to suit the subject brightness. A low aperture number can create a blurred background (narrow depth of field), while a high aperture number can create a sharp foreground and background (wide depth of field).
- Flexible-Priority AE (Fv): This mode lets you set the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO speed manually or automatically, and combine these settings with your choice of exposure compensation.
- Manual Exposure: In this mode, you set both the shutter speed and aperture value as desired.
- Bulb: When Bulb is set, the shutter stays open as long as you hold down the shutter button completely, and closes when you let go of the shutter button. The Bulb Timer function lets you preset the bulb exposure's exposure time. Bulb exposures are for night scenes, fireworks, the night sky, and other subjects requiring long exposures.
Metering Modes: You can select from the following metering modes:
- Evaluative Metering: The camera's standard metering mode suited for most subjects even under backlit conditions, after detecting the main subject's position, brightness, background, front and back lighting conditions, etc, the camera sets the proper exposure.
- Partial Metering: Effective when the background is much brighter than the subject due to backlighting, etc, uses approximately 6.1% of the frame at the center.
- Spot Metering: For metering a specific part of the subject, uses approximately 3.1% of the frame at the center.
- Center-weighted Average Metering: Metering is weighted at the center and then averaged for the entire scene.
ISO Speed: The camera's ISO speed is set at the following settings. For still photo shooting, the normal ISO speed range is ISO 100-51200 in 1/3-stop or 1-stop increments. You can also select an Expanded ISO speed equivalent of ISO 50 (L) or ISO 102400 (H). The range narrows to ISO 100-6400 when using flash. For movie recording, the Normal ISO speed in ISO 100-25600 in 1/3-stop or 1-stop increments, and an extension to ISO 51200 (H).
Picture Style: By selecting a Picture Style, you can achieve various effects matching your photographic expression or the subject. You can also adjust the Sharpness (with separate strength, fineness, and threshold parameters), Contrast, Saturation, Color tone, Filtering Effect (monochrome), or Toning Effect (monochrome) of each Picture Style. Picture Style selections include:
- Auto: Color tone is adjusted automatically to suit the scene. The image will look vivid, especially for blue skies, greenery, and sunsets in nature, outdoor, and sunset scenes.
- Standard: A general-purpose Picture Style to suit most scenes. The image looks vivid, sharp, and crisp.
- Portrait: Suited for close-up portraits, this Picture Style is for nice skin tones, making the image look softer. You can change the color tone to adjust the skin tone.
- Landscape: For vivid blues and greens, very sharp and crisp images.
- Fine Detail: Suited for detailed outline and fine texture description of the subject, and slightly vivid colors.
- Neutral: For natural colors and subdued images, no sharpness applied.
- Faithful: When the subject is photographed under a color temperature of 5200 K, the color is adjusted to match the subject's colorimetrical color, no sharpness applied. (recommended for users who prefer to process images on their PC)
- Monochrome: Creates black and white images
- User Defined 1-3: You can register your own Picture Style settings for Portrait and Landscape modes.
High Dynamic Range (HDR): You can take artistic photos having a high dynamic range and preserving detail in highlight and shadow areas. HDR shooting is effective for landscape and still-life photos. With HDR shooting, three images of different exposures are captured for each shot, then merged together automatically. The HDR image is saved as a single JPEG image. You can choose from several options: Natural, Art Standard, Art Vivid, Art Bold, and Art Embossed.
Multiple Exposures: You can shoot two to nine exposures to be merged into one image. If you shoot multiple-exposure images with Live View shooting, you can see how the single exposures merge while shooting.
White Balance: White Balance is for making the white areas look white. You can choose from the following white balance settings: Auto (Ambience priority), Auto (White priority), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy/Twilight/Sunset, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash Use, Custom, and Color Temperature.
EL/EX Speedlite Compatible: The EOS R5 features the acclaimed E-TTL II flash metering system. With any of the flashes in the EL/EX-series Speedlite line, E-TTL II provides reliable flash output whether shooting fill-in flash pictures in sunlight, or using flash in total darkness.
Note: The camera does not have a built-in flash.
Wireless Functions: The camera features built-in Wi-Fi (2.4 and 5 GHz) and Bluetooth (ver. 5.0), which allow you connect wirelessly to a compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can also wirelessly print images using a Wi-Fi printer. Using the free Canon Camera Connect app on a compatible iOS or Android device, you can shoot remotely from a distance, with complete control of settings such as aperture, shutter speed, ISO, focus, and shutter release. You can also geotag your photos with location data from your smartphone.
Note: The Canon Camera Connect app is compatible with iOS devices running iOS 11.0 or later, and with Android phones and tablets running Android (version varies with device).
Optional Wireless File Transmitter: The optional WFT-R10A lets you quickly upload images wirelessly to your computer or smartphone via 5 GHz Wi-Fi. You can also use your smartphone or tablet as a remote control for shooting still images or movies. The transmitter also doubles as a vertical battery grip to give you added battery life.
EOS Webcam: Using Canon's EOS Webcam Utility software, you can use the camera as a webcam and livestream from a remote setup. You will need to connect the camera to your computer, using the included USB cable. While you are streaming, you can also record the video internally on the memory card. The software works with many of your favorite streaming apps, including YouTube Live, Zoom, Skype, Facebook Live, Microsoft Teams, Apple FaceTime, and Messenger. EOS Webcam Utility is compatible with Windows 10 (32- or 64-bit) and macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, and macOS High Sierra.
Note: The included USB cable has Type-C connectors on both ends. If your computer does not have a USB-C port, you will need a USB A-to-C cable, such as 599ALLN1 or 177MB06552.
Single Image Playback: When playing back a single image, you can choose from these display options: No Information, Basic Information Display, or Shooting Information display.
Image Magnification: When viewing a still picture in single image playback mode, you can magnify the image to 2x, 4x, 8x, or 10x. While the image is magnified, you can scroll anywhere around the image.
Index Display: You can search for images quickly with the index display, showing 4 (2x2), 9 (3x3), 36 (6x6), or 100 (10x10) images on one screen.
Auto Rotation: Vertical shots can be rotated automatically so that they are displayed upright during playback.
Image Review: The image can be displayed on the LCD monitor immediately after you shoot. The review time can be set to off (not displayed), 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, or Hold, which keeps the image displayed on the LCD monitor until the camera is focused again.
Slide Show: You can view all images on the memory card one after another with the Auto Playback function (slide show). You can choose which recorded images will be displayed in the slide show by selecting All images, Folder, Date, File Type (movie, still image) or Rating. The display time interval can be set to 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, or 20 seconds.
Rotating Images: You can rotate an image by 90° or 270° clockwise in the LCD monitor.
Protect Images: You can select specific images from being erased accidentally.
HDMI Output: A Type D Micro HDMI connection is provided for connecting the camera to an HDMI-equipped TV. The camera automatically switches the output resolution to the capability of the HDTV, or you can set it manually to 1080p. HDMI output of 8K movies is not supported. The HDMI connection is not CEC-compatible.
SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1): A SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 2) equivalent USB-C port is provided for connecting the camera to your USB-C equipped computer via the included IFC-100U interface cable. SuperSpeed USB provides much faster data transfer than USB 2.0. If a different USB cable is used, such as the Canon IFC-400U, the transmission rate is equivalent to Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0).
Resize: Images shot with the camera can be resized to make the pixel count lower, and saved as a new image. You can only resize JPEG or HEIF Large, Medium, and Small 1 sized images. JPEG/HEIF Small 2 and RAW images cannot be resized.
Overview: This Canon EOS R5 kit includes the RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM standard zoom lens. It covers a wide range of focal lengths from wide angle to mid telephoto. The lens maintains a constant f/4 maximum aperture throughout the full zoom range. It also features a built-in Image Stabilizer (IS), as well as a Nano USM.
Lens Construction: The lens is constructed of 18 lens elements in 14 groups. The lens has three Glass-molded (GMo) aspheric lens elements, and an Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) lens element.
Lens Coatings: The front and rear lens surfaces are coated with non-stick fluorine to help reduce smears and fingerprints. This helps prevents dust, water, oil, and other surface residue from sticking to the lens, and allows you to quickly and easily wipe the lens clean without the use of solvents. In addition, Air Sphere Coating (ASC) on the lens elements help to combat flare, ghosting, and reflections with reduced aberrations.
12-pin Communication: The Canon RF-series lenses feature a 12-pin communication system between the camera and the lens (compared to 8 pins for the EF-series). This 12-pin system is the fastest available for a Canon lens and camera combination, and provides faster AF, Image Stabilization, Digital Lens Optimizer, and more. In addition, the EOS R5 camera can display lens information directly to the viewfinder, making it easy to confirm the lens' focal length without looking away from your subject.
Control Ring: The RF-series lenses feature a control ring on the lens barrel, which can be assigned to functions that are commonly used on the camera. These functions include shutter speed and aperture settings, or exposure compensation. The ring has a clicking mechanism that acts as a confirmation that the settings are being changed.
Note: The clicking sound could possibly be picked up by the microphone while shooting movies. If you desire a silent control ring, the clicking mechanism can be removed by a Canon service provider (for a fee).
Image Stabilizer (IS): The built-in Image Stabilizer can be used in the AF (autofocus) or MF (manual focus) modes. The Image Stabilizer gives the equivalent effect of a shutter speed 5 stops faster. The 2-position switch located on the barrel of the lens allows you to turn the image stabilizer on and off.
Nano USM: The RF 24-105mm lens is equipped with Canon's Nano USM (Ultra-Sonic Motor). The Nano USM combines a conventional ring USM and STM (lead-screw type) AF, and features a small chip-shaped ultrasonic motor to give you high-speed, smooth, and precise autofocus and full-time manual focus. The Nano USM operates in near silence, making it ideal for video recording.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether the lens is set to manual or auto focus mode, the focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually fine-tune the focus by turning the focusing ring.
Lens Hood: The included EW-83N lens hood can keep unwanted light out of the lens, and protect the lens from rain, snow, and dust. You can reverse-mount the lens hood on the lens for storage.
Optional Filters: The RF 24-105mm lens has a 77mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters.
- Focal Length: 24-105mm
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters: 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 70mm, 85mm, and 105mm
- Aperture Design: 9-blade circular
- Lens Construction: 18 elements in 14 groups
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.48 feet (17.76 inches)
- Diagonal Angle of View: 84° to 23°20'
- Dimensions: 3.275" Diameter, 4.505" Length (5.202" with caps)
- Weight: 24.4 ounces
Power Options: The EOS R5 operates on the supplied LP-E6NH Lithium-Ion battery (7.2V, 2130 mAh). The battery can be charged in the supplied LC-E6 battery charger in approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. The supplied battery performance specs are as follows:
|Shooting Method||Temperature||Battery Life (approx # of shots)|
|Monitor||73°F (23°C)||320 shots||490 shots|
|32°F (0°C)||310 shots||470 shots|
|Viewfinder||73°F (23°C)||220 shots||320 shots|
|32°F (0°C)||200 shots||310 shots|
|Eco Mode |
|73°F (23°C)||550 shots||700 shots|
Optional AC Power: With the optional DR-E6 DC coupler and the AC-E6N, you can connect the camera to a household power outlet and not worry about the battery becoming exhausted. The ACK-E6 AC adapter kit can also be used.
Optional BG-R10 Battery Grip: With the optional BG-R10 Battery Grip, you can power the camera with two LP-E6NH or LP-E6N batteries. The two LP-E6N battery packs in the BG-R10 will give you roughly double the number of still images or movie shooting time. When two batteries are installed in the magazine, power is supplied simultaneously from both batteries.
Optional USB Power Adapter: The optional USB Power Adapter PD-E1 lets you charge the LP-E6NH or LP-E6N battery pack inside the camera. The PD-E1 can also power the camera when not charging the battery.
Auto Power Off: To save battery power, the camera turns off automatically after a period of non-operation. The Auto Power Off time can be set to 1 minute, 2 minutes, 4 minutes, 8 minutes, 15 minutes, or 30 minutes. You can also disable the Auto Power Off function.
Note: The Auto Power Off function will not activate in Auto Playback Mode.
Canon EOS Software: The EOS R5 does not include any software in the box. The following software, available for Windows and Mac, can be used with the camera and is available for free download from the Canon website:
- Digital Photo Professional: Recommended for users who mainly shoot RAW images. You can view, edit, process, and print RAW images at high speed. You can also edit JPEG images while retaining the original images.
- EOS Utility: The EOS Utility is software for communication with your EOS R5 camera. You can download images to your computer from the camera's memory card, as well as set various camera settings. You can also shoot remotely from the software.
- Picture Style Editor: This software lets you edit Picture Styles and create and save original Picture Style files.
- Canon HEVC Activator for Canon EOS R5: This application allows you to handle the camera's HDR processing and HEVC movies on Digital Photo Professional.
OS Requirements: The above-listed software is compatible with computers with the following operating systems:
- Windows: Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Macintosh: macOS 10.15.3 or later, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12