About the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM
A lightweight, budget-friendly RF lens
If you're a Canon R Series mirrorless shooter, you've probably seen the dazzling array of high-end RF lenses available for your camera. But Canon also offers some smaller, lighter, and more affordable lenses, like the RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM.
This lightweight, image-stabilized zoom lens covers the most commonly used focal lengths, making it a great choice for landscape, portrait, and travel photography. I especially like this lens for trips or family outings where you don't want to travel with heavier, more expensive glass, but still want to capture crisp, colorful photos and videos.
- lens type: RF mount full-frame
- compatible with Canon EOS R series mirrorless cameras
- stepping motor (STM) for smooth and quiet autofocus with still image and video recording
- customizable control ring on lens barrel allows direct adjustments to settings like shutter speed, aperture, and more
- built-in image stabilization for sharper images at slower shutter speeds compared to non-stabilized lenses
- variable maximum aperture of f/4 at 24mm, and f/7.1 at 105mm
- minimum focus distance: 0.7' at 24mm, and 1.12' at 105mm
- lens construction: 13 elements in 11 groups
- 7-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- filter diameter: 67mm
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter, and 3-1/2" long when zoomed all the way out
- weight: 13.92 oz.
- includes front and rear lens caps
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4111C002
What's in the box:
- RF 24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM zoom lens
- Lens Cap E-67 II (installed)
- Lens Dust Cap RF (installed)
- Canon Interchangeable Lens Instructions
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM
Overview: The Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM is a compact, lightweight standard zoom lens made for Canon's EOS R Series cameras. It has a wide zoom range that covers telephoto, normal, wide angle, and closeup shots. It is ideal for landscape and travel photography, as well as portraits. Its Optical Image Stabilization works with EOS R series cameras to provide up to 5 stops of stabilization.
Lens Construction: The lens is constructed of 13 lens elements in 11 groups, including one aspheric lens elements for superb image clarity from the center to the edges of the frame. The lens features dust- and weather-resistant construction from end-to-end to prevent water and dust from entering the lens. RF-series lenses have a large 54mm lens mount, with large diameter elements to give you brilliant images with minimal light fallout.
12-pin Communication: The Canon RF-series lenses feature a 12-pin communication system between the camera and the lens (compared to 8 pins for the EF-series). This 12-pin system is the fastest available for a Canon lens and camera combination, and provides faster AF, Image Stabilization, Digital Lens Optimizer, and more. In addition, the EOS R camera can display lens information directly to the viewfinder, making it easy to confirm the lens' focal length without looking away from your subject.
No Focus Mode Switch: The lens does not include a Focus Mode Switch. Switching from Auto Focus to Manual Focus, or from Manual to Auto, must be performed in the camera menu.
Center Macro Focus: When the camera is set to MF (Manual Focus), the subjects seem closer and larger than with the AF (autofocus) mode, particularly on the wide angle end of the range. The minimum focusing distance in MF mode is 5.16", compared to about 8" in AF mode. Setting the Focusing/Control Ring to Focus in MF mode lets you use the Center Macro Focus mode with a maximum magnification ratio of 0.5x to capture shots from as close as 1" away from the lens.
Focusing/Control Ring: The RF 24-105mm lens features a focusing/control ring on the outer portion of the lens barrel. The ring can be used as either a focusing ring or a control ring. A 2-way switch on the lens barrel lets you select one mode or the other. As a control ring, it can be programmed for a variety of adjustments, such as aperture or shutter speed. As a focusing ring, turning the ring lets you adjust focus when in MF (manual focus) mode.
Image Stabilizer (IS): The RF 24-105mm lens features Optical Image Stabilization (IS) when mounted to a Canon EOS R series camera. The camera and the lens share data to dramatically reduce blur caused by camera shake while shooting still images and videos. Image Stabilization can be turned on or off with the switch on the lens barrel. The effect of Image Stabilization is equivalent to 5 stops.
STM: The RF 24-105mm lens is equipped with a leadscrew-type STM (Stepping Motor) to help capture fast-moving subjects. When combined with the EOS R series cameras' Dual Pixel autofocus system, you can achieve fast, accurate focusing every time.
Optional Lens Hood: The optional ET-73D bayonet-type lens hood, sold separately, cuts out unwanted light and protects the front of the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When not in use, you can reverse-mount the lens hood for storage.
Optional Filters: The RF 24-105mm lens has a 67mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters.
- Focal Length: 24-105mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/4 - f/7.1 (1/3 stops); f/4 - f/6.7 (1/2 stops)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 - f/40 (1/3 stops); f/22 - f/38 (1/2 stops)
- Maximum Magnification:
- AF Mode: 0.4x (at 105mm)
- MF Mode: 0.5x (at 24mm)
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters: 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 70mm, 85mm, 105mm
- Aperture Design: 7-blade circular
- Angle of View:
- Horizontal: 74° to 19° 20'
- Vertical: 53° to 13°
- Diagonal: 84° to 23° 20'
- Lens Construction: 13 elements in 11 groups (1 Aspherical lens element)
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- Minimum Focus Distance:
- AF Mode: 0.66 to 1.12 feet (8" - 13.44"
- MF Mode: 0.43 to 1.12 feet (5.16" - 13.44")
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.012", Length 3.782" (4.456" with caps)
- Weight: 13.9 ounces (w/o caps)