About the Canon EOS RP EF Zoom Lens and Lens Mount Adapter Kit
A value-packed kit for creating beautiful photos
A value-packed kit for creating beautiful photos
Looking to make the leap into the world of mirrorless photography? This Canon EOS RP kit is a great choice for creating crisp, colorful photos and videos. The included EF 24-105mm lens gives you focal length flexibility and image stabilization — an ideal combination for photographers and videographers alike.
This kit includes the EF to RF mount adapter, which lets you use Canon EF or EF-S lenses with the RP. I spent a few months shooting with this camera and came away very impressed. Let's look at a few reasons why this kit is so sweet.
The included 24-105mm lens has built-in image stabilization, making it ideal for shooting video without a tripod.
Superb image quality
The EOS RP is Canon's least expensive full-frame mirrorless body. Even so, this compact interchangeable-lens camera delivers outstanding image quality that rivals the company's traditional DSLR counterparts. Out-of-the-camera JPEGs are sharp and vibrant with punchy, well-balanced color.
Easy to operate
I found the RP a breeze to use, thanks to intuitively placed controls and a highly capable touchscreen.
You can set this camera to a variety of automatic modes and let it intelligently determine the best settings for each photo. Or switch it to manual mode, and enjoy full control over aperture, shutter speed, white balance, and more.
What you see is what you get
A big advantage of the EOS RP over a DSLR is that you see your image composition "live" through the optical viewfinder. Make a settings change to your exposure, and you'll see what the image will look like in real time.
Of course, you can use the large color touchscreen to compose your image as well, just like you do with your smartphone.
RF Lenses are the bee's knees
Perhaps the biggest reason to consider the RP is the ability to use Canon's new line of full-frame RF lenses. Simply put, these mirrorless-only models are among the best lenses Canon has ever constructed. Yes, they can be large (and quite expensive), but the image quality they yield is second to none.
The included 24-105mm EF lens is a great all-around choice for portraits, landscapes, sports, and more. Canon also offers a superb lineup of prime (fixed focal length) L Series lenses, like the 50mm f/1.2 L, or the 85mm f/1.2 L. These pro-level lenses offer unrivaled sharpness, shallow depth of field, and low-light capability.
It's worth noting that RF lenses are only compatible with Canon's EOS R system. Because of their unique design, RF lenses cannot be used with any of Canon's DSLR cameras.
- 26.2-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 8 image processor for speedy operation and reduced noise at high ISO settings
- compatible with Canon RF lenses
- included Mount Adapter EOS-EF R allows you to use Canon EF and EF-S lenses
- includes EF 24-105MM f/3.5-5.6 IS STM zoom lens
- not compatible with Canon EF-M lenses
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for easy file sharing and remote control from smart devices
- 3" high-resolution 1.04-million-dot LCD rotating touchscreen with anti-smudge coating and brightness control
- high-resolution 2.36-million-dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- provides 100% frame coverage
- dust- and water-resistant sealing allows use in a variety of weather conditions
- 4K Ultra HD video recording
- self-cleaning sensor with dust deletion feature
- Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system for fast, accurate focusing
- up to 4,779 manually selectable AF points
- Face+Tracking AF mode locks focus for sharp captures of moving subjects
- Touch and Drag AF mode lets you select a focus point on the LCD screen without moving your eye away from the viewfinder
- Digital Lens Optimizer limits image deterioration and corrects aberrations for improved image quality
- can be used during shooting or while editing RAW files
- rechargeable LP-E17 lithium ion battery, charger, and neck strap included
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- up to 5 frames per second in high-speed continuous shooting mode
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- new flexible-priority Fv mode lets you make changes to aperture, shutter speed, or ISO without having to change modes
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4000 seconds, bulb
- ISO range: 100-40000
- flash sync at 1/180 seconds
- high-speed sync mode lets you synchronize the flash to shutter speeds up to 1/4000
- no built-in flash — works with Canon Speedlites
File Formats and Storage:
- records in RAW, JPEG, and RAW+JPEG formats
- top JPEG resolution (pixels): 6240 x 4160
- movie file format: MP4
- records photos and video onto optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- micro USB (Type C) interface for data transfer and charging with optional PD-E1 USB power adapter
- mini HDMI (Type C) output (cable not included)
- 3.5mm microphone input and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 5-1/4"W x 3-3/8"H x 2-13/16"D
- weight (with battery and memory card): 17.1 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3380C052
What's in the box:
- The EOS RP Adapter & Lens Kit contains the EOS RP camera along with the Mount Adapter EF-EOS R and EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM zoom lens (all individually packaged).
- The EOS RP camera box includes:
- EOS RP camera body
- Body cap (installed)
- Shoulder strap (ER-EOS RP)
- LP-E17 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery (7.2V / 1040mAh / 7.5Wh)
- LC-E17 Battery charger
- Instruction Manual
- Canon Limited Warranty sheet
- The Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R box includes:
- Canon mount adapter (EF to R)
- Camera Cover R-F-3 (installed)
- Lens Dust Cap RF (installed)
- Soft storage case
- Warranty card
- The Canon EF 24-105mm zoom lens box includes:
- EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM zoom lens
- E-77II Lens cap (installed)
- Rear dust cap (installed)
- Warranty Card
Canon EOS RP EF Zoom Lens and Lens Mount Adapter Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EOS RP EF Zoom Lens and Lens Mount Adapter Kit
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-105mm|
|Image Stabilization||With IS lens|
|Highest Resolution||6240 x 4160|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||17.11|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Package Overview: The mirrorless EOS RP is Canon's lightest and smallest full frame EOS camera. The EOS RP has a 26.2 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS image sensor. Its new RF-mount is 54mm wide, much larger than the EF-mount found on Canon's EOS line of DSLRs. The camera is compatible with the new RF lenses, and with the included EF-EOS RP Mount Adapter, you can use all of your EF and EF-S lenses. This Adapter & Lens Kit also includes the EF 24-105 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM zoom lens.
26.2 Megapixel CMOS Sensor: The EOS RP features a huge, 35.9mm x 24.0mm full-frame sensor. The 26.2-megapixel CMOS sensor (27.1 MP total pixels) delivers images of up to 6240 x 4160 pixels. The DIGIC 8 Image Processor enhances the speed of operations in the camera, allowing you to shoot large still image files and 4K video.
Clear View LCD II Vari-angle Touch Screen Monitor: The EOS RP features a 3.0" Clear View LCD II TFT color monitor with approximately 1.04-million dots which allows you to view and shoot real-time images. The monitor has a capacitive touch screen that allows you to make menu selections, shoot using the touch shutter feature, and browse images using your fingers. The LCD monitor offers 100% viewing coverage and 7 manual brightness levels to choose from. In Live View, grid lines can be displayed in 9 sections (3x3), 24 sections (6x4), or 9 sections (3x3) with diagonals, as well as an electronic level. The Live View function enables you to shoot your subjects while viewing them on the LCD monitor.
0.39" OLED Electronic Viewfinder (EVF): The Canon EOS RP uses a eye-level viewfinder with 0.70x magnification for approximately 100% vertical and horizontal coverage. The 0.39" OLED EVF has approximately 2.36-million dots. A -4 to +1diopter lets you adjust the viewfinder's image to your eyesight.
Sensor Cleaning System: Canon's Integrated Cleaning system includes a self-cleaning sensor unit that can remove dust on the image sensor. The Self Cleaning Sensor can shake off dust automatically when the camera is powered on or off. You can also activate the sensor clean function manually, if desired.
Recording Media: The EOS RP records still images and videos to SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards. Both UHS-I and UHS-II cards are supported. For recording 4K movies, UHS-I Speed Class 3 or higher, or UHS-II Video Speed Class 60 or higher should be used. For Full HD movie recording, you should use UHS-I Speed Class 3 or higher, or SD Speed Class 10 or higher memory cards.
Note: Use of UHS-II microSDHC/SDXC cards with a microSD to SD adapter is not recommended.
Image Recording Format: The camera records still images in JPEG and RAW (CR3, a Canon 14-bit RAW format). Simultaneous RAW + JPEG recording is also possible. JPEG images can be set to Fine or Normal compression. The image's aspect ratio can be set to 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, or 1:1. JPEG images will be saved with the set aspect ratio, while RAW images will always be saved in 3:2, with the aspect ratio information stored in the image. Movies are recorded in the MOV format, in three frame rates, and three compression methods (All-I, IPB Standard, and IPB-Light). Available image sizes include:
|Image Quality||Aspect Ratio|
|6240 x 4160||3888 x 2592||4160 x 4160||5536 x 4160||6240 x 3504|
|Medium||4160 x 2768||---||2768 x 2768||3680 x 2768||4160 x 2336|
|Small 1||3120 x 2080||---||2080 x 2080||2768 x 2080||3120 x 1752|
|Small 2||2400 x 1600||2400 x 1600||1600 x 1600||2112 x 1600||2400 x 1344|
|Movie Recording Quality|
|Image Size||Frame Rate||Bit Rate||Compression|
|4K (UHD) |
3840 x 2160
|23.98 fps||120 Mbps||IPB|
|Full HD |
1920 x 1080
|59.94 fps||60 Mbps||IPB|
|29.97 fps||30 Mbps||IPB|
|12 Mbps||IPB (Light)|
1280 x 720
|59.94 fps||26 Mbps||IPB|
|29.97 fps||13 Mbps||IPB|
4K Frame Grab: You can select any desired frame from a 4K movie, and save it as an 8.3 MP (3840 x 2160) JPEG still photo. This 4K Frame Grab is done during playback.
Drive Modes: The Canon EOS RP offers the following Drive modes:
- Single Shooting: When you press the shutter button completely, only one shot will be taken.
- High-speed Continuous Shooting: While you press the shutter button completely, multiple shots will be taken continuously. High-speed continuous shooting can record up to approximately 5 shots per second (or 4 shots/sec when the camera is set to reduce flicker).
- Low-speed Continuous Shooting: While you hold down the shutter button, you can shoot continuously at approximately 2.6 shots per second.
- Self-Timer/Remote Control: The camera will record an image 2 or 10 seconds after pressing the shutter button on the camera. Self-timer-continuous lets you shoot between 2 and 10 shots after a 10-second delay. Using the optional BR-E1 Wireless Remote Control, you can operate the camera from up to approximately 16.4 feet.
4,779-Point Autofocus System: The EOS RP features a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system with 4,779 manually selectable AF points. The lightning fast AF system delivers sharp focus in as little as 0.05 seconds. You can choose from the following Auto Focus Methods: Face+Tracking, Spot AF, 1-point AF, Expand AF Area, Expand AF Area: Around, and Zone AF.
Focusing Modes: The camera lets you choose one of the methods for focusing:
- One-Shot AF: suited for still subjects, the camera focuses only once.
- Servo AF: for moving subjects when the focusing distance keeps changing. The subject will be focused continuously while the shutter button is pressed halfway.
- Manual Focusing
Shooting Modes: The EOS RP's top-mounted Mode Dial offers the following shooting modes:
- Basic Zone:
- Scene Intelligent Auto: The camera analyses the scene and sets the optimum settings automatically. In this mode, you can shoot with selected effects applied using the Creative Assist feature. Creative Assist effects include: Preset, Background Blur, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Color Tone 1, Color Tone 2, and Monochrome.
- Special Scene: The camera automatically chooses the appropriate settings when you select a shooting mode for your subject or scene. Special Scenes include: Portrait, Group Photo, Landscape, Sports, Kids, Panning, Close-up, Food, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, and Silent Mode.
- Creative Zone:
- Program AE: The camera automatically sets the shutter speed and aperture value to suit the scene's brightness.
- Shutter-Priority AE (Tv): In this mode, you set the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture value to suit the brightness of the subject. A slow shutter speed can create a blurred effect, while a fast shutter speed can freeze action.
- Aperture-priority AE (Av): In this mode, you set the desired aperture value and the camera sets the shutter speed automatically to suit the subject brightness. A low aperture number can create a blurred background (narrow depth of field), while a high aperture number can create a sharp foreground and background (wide depth of field).
- Flexible-Priority AE (Fv): This mode lets you set the shutter speed, aperture, and IOS speed manually or automatically, and combine these settings with your choice of exposure compensation.
- Manual Exposure: In this mode, you manually set both the shutter speed and aperture value as desired.
- Bulb: When Bulb is set, the shutter stays open as long as you hold down the shutter button completely, and closes when you let go of the shutter button. The Bulb Timer function lets you preset the bulb exposure's exposure time. Bulb exposures are for night scenes, fireworks, the night sky, and other subjects requiring long exposures.
- Custom Shooting Modes: You can register current camera settings, such as shooting, menu, and Custom Function settings and assign them to C1, C2, or C3 modes.
- Movie Recording
Metering Modes: You can select from the following metering modes:
- Evaluative Metering: The camera's standard metering mode suited for most subjects even under backlit conditions, after detecting the main subject's position, brightness, background, front and back lighting conditions, etc, the camera sets the proper exposure.
- Partial Metering: Effective when the background is much brighter than the subject due to backlighting, etc, uses approximately 5.5% of the frame at the center.
- Spot Metering: For metering a specific part of the subject, uses approximately 2.7% of the frame at the center.
- Center-weighted Average Metering: Metering is weighted at the center and then averaged for the entire scene.
ISO Speed: The camera's ISO speed is set at the following settings:
- Still Images:
- Scene Intelligent Auto: Set automatically between ISO 100 and ISO 12800.
- Fv / P / Tv / Av / Bulb: Set automatically or manually between ISO 100 and ISO 40000 in 1/3- or 1-stop increments. Expandable to L (equivalent to ISO 50), H1 (ISO 51200), or H2 (ISO 102400).
- Movie Auto Exposure: Set automatically between ISO 100 and ISO 12800 (expandable to H2-equivalent to ISO 102400)
- Movie Manual Exposure: Automatically set between ISO 100 and ISO 25600, manually set between 100-25600 in 1/3- or 1-stop increments, expandable to H2 (ISO 102400).
Picture Style: By selecting a Picture Style, you can achieve various effects matching your photographic expression or the subject. You can also adjust the Sharpness (with separate strength, fineness, and threshold parameters), Contrast, Saturation, and Color tone of each Picture Style. Picture Style selections include:
- Auto: Color tone is adjusted automatically to suit the scene. The image will look vivid, especially for blue skies, greenery, and sunsets in nature, outdoor, and sunset scenes.
- Standard: A general-purpose Picture Style to suit most scenes. The image looks vivid, sharp, and crisp.
- Portrait: Suited for close-up portraits, this Picture Style is for nice skin tones, making the image look softer. You can change the color tone to adjust the skin tone.
- Landscape: For vivid blues and greens, very sharp and crisp images.
- Fine Detail: Suited for detailed outline and fine texture description of the subject, and slightly vivid colors.
- Neutral: For natural colors and subdued images, no sharpness applied.
- Faithful: When the subject is photographed under a color temperature of 5200 K, the color is adjusted to match the subject's colorimetrical color, no sharpness applied. (recommended for users who prefer to process images on their PC)
- Monochrome: Creates black and white images
- User Defined 1-3: You can register your own Picture Style settings for Portrait and Landscape modes.
High Dynamic Range (HDR): You can take artistic photos having a high dynamic range and preserving detail in highlight and shadow areas. HDR shooting is effective for landscape and still-life photos. With HDR shooting, three images of different exposures are captured for each shot, then merged together automatically. The HDR image is saved as a single JPEG image. You can choose from several options: Natural, Art Standard, Art Vivid, Art Bold, and Art Embossed.
Multiple Exposures: You can shoot two to nine exposures to be merged into one image. If you shoot multiple-exposure images with Live View shooting, you can see how the single exposures merge while shooting.
White Balance: White Balance is for making the white areas look white. You can choose from the following white balance settings: Auto (Ambience priority), Auto (White priority), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy/Twilight/Sunset, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash Use, Custom, and Color Temperature.
EL/EX Speedlite Compatible: The EOS RP features the acclaimed E-TTL II flash metering system. With any of the flashes in the EL/EX-series Speedlite line, E-TTL II provides reliable flash output whether shooting fill-in flash pictures in sunlight, or using flash in total darkness.
Note: The camera does not have a built-in flash.
Wireless Functions: The camera features built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, which allow you connect wirelessly to a compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can also wirelessly print images using a Wi-Fi printer. Using the free Canon Camera Connect app on a compatible iOS or Android device, you can shoot remotely from a distance, with complete control of settings such as aperture, shutter speed, ISO, focus, and shutter release.
Note: The Canon Camera Connect app is compatible with iOS devices running iOS 10.0 or later, and with Android phones and tablets running Android 4.4 to 8.1 and up.
Single Image Playback: When playing back a single image, you can choose from these display options: No Information, Basic Information Display, or Shooting Information display.
Image Magnification: When viewing a still picture in single image playback mode, you can magnify the image to 2x, 4x, 8x, or 10x. While the image is magnified, you can scroll anywhere around the image.
Index Display: You can search for images quickly with the index display, showing 4 (2x2), 9 (3x3), 36 (6x6), or 100 (10x10) images on one screen.
Auto Rotation: Vertical shots can be rotated automatically so that they are displayed upright during playback.
Image Review: The image can be displayed on the LCD monitor immediately after you shoot. The review time can be set to off (not displayed), 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, or Hold, which keeps the image displayed on the LCD monitor until the camera is focused again.
Slide Show: You can view all images on the memory card one after another with the Auto Playback function (slide show). You can choose which recorded images will be displayed in the slide show by selecting All images, Folder, Date, Movies, Stills or Rating. The display time interval can be set to 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, or 20 seconds.
Jump Playback: During playback you can jump to images 1, 10 or 100 images at a time. You can also jump screens by date, folder, movies, stills, protected images, and image rating.
Rotating Images: You can rotate an image by 90° or 270° clockwise in the LCD monitor.
Protect Images: You can select specific images from being erased accidentally.
HDMI Output: A Type C Mini HDMI connection is provided for connecting the camera to an HDMI-equipped TV. A mini-HDMI-to-HDMI cable, such as the Canon HTC-100, is required. The camera can be set to automatically switches the output resolution to the capability of the HDTV, or you can set it to 1080p to avoid display or delay issues when the camera switches resolution.
Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0): A Hi-speed USB (USB 2.0) equivalent USB Mini-B port is provided for connecting the camera to your computer. No USB cable is included with the camera.
Resize: Images shot with the camera can be resized to make the pixel count lower, and saved as a new image. You can only resize JPEG Large, Medium, and Small 1 sized images. JPEG Small 2 and RAW images cannot be resized.
Overview: This Canon EOS RP Adapter & Lens Kit includes the Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R and the Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens. The EF-EOS R allows EF-series lenses to be used with this EOS R-series camera. The adapter enables autofocusing, image stabilizers, and other functions. The EF-EOS R adapter comes with a soft storage case. The EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens is a standard zoom lens, designed for Canon EOS full-frame cameras. The lens features an image stabilizer to help prevent blurred images caused by camera shake. The inner focusing system and STM (stepping motor) gives you smooth, quiet auto focusing.
Stepping Motor (STM): The lens features a lead screw-type stepping motor in the focus mechanism. The inner focus lens, and stepping motor support the Canon EOS Movie Servo AF function, to provide smooth and quiet auto focusing during video recording, as well as when shooting photos.
Note: When the camera is off or in the sleep mode, the motor does not operate and manual focusing is not possible.
Focus Mode Switch: You can switch between Auto Focus and Manual Focus using the two-way AF/MF switch on the barrel of the lens.
Focusing Ring: Regardless of whether you're in manual or auto focus mode, the full-time manual focusing ring always works. This means you can auto focus on a subject, but manually change the focus, if needed, by turning the focusing ring.
Image Stabilizer: The built-in Image Stabilizer provides superb correction for camera shake that it is equivalent to a shutter speed 4 stops faster, even in dim light. The Image Stabilizer begins to work when you press the shutter button halfway. If you are placing the camera on a tripod, it is recommended that the Image Stabilizer be turned off.
Locking Zoom Ring: The zoom ring can be locked to keep the lens at its shortest point, preventing the lens from extending. This is convenient when carrying the camera on a strap with the lens aimed downward.
Circular Aperture: The lens has a 7-blade circular aperture that delivers beautiful soft-focus backgrounds.
Optional Accessories: The lens has a 77mm mounting thread on the front of lens for attaching screw-on type filters. In addition, the optional EW-83M lens hood is available to prevent stray light from entering the lens and causing unwanted glare.
- Focal Length: 24-105mm
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 13 groups (including 1 UD-glass element and 2 aspheric lens elements)
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5 (at 24mm); f/5.6 (at 105mm)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 (at 24mm); f/36 (at 105mm) (f/22-f/32 with 1/2-stop increments)
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 84° - 23° 20'
- Vertical: 53° - 13°
- Horizontal: 74° - 19° 20'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.31' (0.4m)
- Diameter: 3.281"
- Length: 4.313" (5.067" with caps)
- Weight: 18.5 ounces
Power Options: The EOS RP operates on the supplied LP-E17 Lithium-Ion battery (7.2V, 1040mAh, 7.5Wh). The battery can be charged in the supplied LC-E17 battery charger in approximately 2 hours. The supplied battery performance specs are as follows:
|Shooting Method||Temperature||Possible Shots|
|LCD Screen||At 73° F |
|At 32° F |
|LCD Screen |
|At 73° F |
|At 73° F |
|At 32° F |
|At 73° F |
|At 32° F |
|Movie Recording Time||At 73° F |
|1 hr 40 min|
|At 32° F |
|1 hr 30 min|
Optional AC Power: With the optional DR-E18 DC coupler and the AC-E6N, you can connect the camera to a household power outlet and not worry about the battery becoming exhausted. The ACK-E18 AC adapter kit can also be used.
Optional EG-E1 Extension Grip: Adding the optional EG-E1 Extension Gripmakes the EOS RP camera becomes easier to hold. The battery and memory card can be inserted or removed while the extension grip is attached to the camera.
Auto Power Off: To save battery power, the camera turns off automatically after a period of non-operation. The Auto Power Off time can be set to 30 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes. You can also disable the Auto Power Off function.
Note: The Auto Power Off function will not activate in Auto Playback Mode.
Canon EOS Software: The EOS RP does not include any software in the box. The following software can be used with the camera and is available for free download (for Windows or Mac OS) from the Canon website:
- Digital Photo Professional: Recommended for users who mainly shoot RAW images. You can view, edit, process, and print RAW images at high speed. You can also edit JPEG images while retaining the original images.
- Image Transfer Utility: Image Transfer Utility supports cameras with the Auto Send Images to Computer function.
- EOS Utility: EOS Utility lets yo download images in the memory card to your computer.
- Picture Style Editor: Picture Style Editor lets you edit Picture Styles and create and save original Picture Style files.
- Manuals: You can download the Advanced User Guide, Lens Instruction Manual, and Software Instruction Manual from the Canon website.
OS Requirements: The above-listed software is compatible with computers with the following operating systems:
- Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.11, macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14