About the Canon Speedlite EL-100
Flatter your subjects with better lighting
If you're looking to expand your creativity and explore the world of flash photography, Canon's Speedlite EL-100 is a versatile, affordable option that's easy to use. This compact flash pivots and swivels so you can bounce light off ceilings and walls to create the perfect fill flash. It can also be used as part of a wireless multi-flash setup with other compatible flash units.
- compatible with select Canon EOS DSLR and mirrorless cameras with E-TTL and E-TTL II flash metering
- E-TTL (evaluative through-the-lens) and E-TTL II flash exposure control
- autofocus assist beam range up to 13.1'
- flash head rotates 180° to the right, 150° to the left, and tilts 90° vertically for bounce flash effects
- maximum guide number (ISO 100, 50mm) 85.3'
- flash coverage: 24mm and 50mm (full frame)
- 3 custom functions for added convenience
- can be used as a sender or receiver in an optical wireless flash setup with a compatible flash unit or flash driver
- recycle time: 0.1-3.1 seconds
- includes soft case and mini stand
- uses 2 "AA" batteries (not included)
- weight: 6.7 oz. (without batteries)
- 2-9/16"W x 3-5/8"H x 2-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3249C002
What's in the box:
- Speedlite EL-100 flash unit
- Mini stand
- Soft case
- Quick Reference Guide
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon Speedlite EL-100
Overview: The Canon Speedlite EL-100 is a compact and easy-to-use flash unit. It can be tilted up or down, and rotated left or right for bouncing the flash off the ceiling or a nearby wall. The shoe-mount EL-100 comes with a mini stand and a soft storage case.
Compatible Cameras: The Canon Speedlite EL-100 is designed for use with Canon EOS digital cameras that are compatible with E-TTL II and E-TTL auto flash. It can be used as an on-camera flash that attaches to the hot shoe of the camera, and as a receiver unit during optical transmission wireless flash photography. Autoflash photography using the EL-100 is also possible with Canon EOS film cameras equipped with E-TTL II or E-TTL autoflash metering system.
Shoe Mount: The EL-100 flash attaches to, and makes electrical contact via the camera's hot shoe. Flash trigger, exposure setting, and focal length (zoom) setting are transferred to the flash via the intelligent shoe.
Variable Angle: The firing direction of the flash is adjustable. The vertical angle ranges from 0° (straight forward) to 90° (fully vertical). The horizontal angle has a 330° range (180° right and 150° left).
Wireless Performance: When used with a compatible flash or flash driver mounted on the camera, the Speedlite EL-100 can operate as a sending or receiver unit in an optical lighting setup. The wireless flash transmission range is up to 26.2' indoors or up to 16.4' outdoors. To avoid interference with optical transmission wireless flash systems used by other photographers, you can set the transmission channel to 1, 2, 3, or 4. The sender and receiver units must be on the same channel to function together.
Switchable Flash Coverage: The flash covers a wide range, similar to the field of view of a 24mm wide-angle lens. When the extendable flash hood is pulled out, the flash coverage narrows to 50mm or larger. Using lenses with a wider angle of view than the flash coverage may cause vignetting.
AF-Assist Beam: If the focal point lacks sufficient light or contrast to achieve focus, the EL-100 will intermittently flash to assist with auto focusing. This AF-Assist beam is effective out to 13.1 feet at the center.
Mini Stand: The EL-100 comes with a portable mini stand that allows you to stand the flash upright anywhere for wireless flash usage. The mini stand also includes a standard 1/4" tripod thread for attaching the flash to a tripod for multiple flash shooting.
Batteries: The EL-100 flash uses two AA batteries. Alkaline or Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) rechargeable batteries are recommended. Based on Canon's testing standards, new alkaline batteries yield approximately 58-400 flashes.
Note: Due to potential overheating issues, Lithium batteries are not recommended.
Auto Power Off: To save battery power, the flash will turn off automatically after approximately 90 seconds of idle use. When set as a receiver unit, the power off time is 60 minutes.
- Guide number: Approx. 26m/85.3' (at 50mm flash coverage, ISO 100)
- Flash Coverage: 24-50mm (RF/EF lenses), or 15-30mm (EF-S/EF-M lenses)
- Flash Duration:
- 1/1 flash: 1/1100 sec.
- 1/2 flash: 1/2000 sec.
- 1/4 flash: 1/4100 sec.
- 1/8 flash: 1/7300 sec.
- 1/16 flash: 1/12000 sec.
- 1/32 flash: 1/17000 sec.
- 1/64 flash: 1/23000 sec.
- 1/128 flash: 1/28000 sec.
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/- 3 stops
- Effective Flash Metering Range: Approx. 2.3-29.9 feet
- Manual Flash: 1/1 to 1/128 power
- Flash Recharge Time: 0.1-5.8 sec
- AF-Assist Beam (effective distance): up to 13.1 feet
- Width: 2.55"
- Height: 3.614" (4.524" flash head at 90°)
- Depth: 2.416" (1.934" flash head at 90°)
- Weight: 6.7 oz. (without batteries)