About the Canon EOS Rebel T8i Kit
A huge step up from your phone's camera
There are two main reasons I recommend using a DSLR instead of your phone to take photos: image quality, and the ability to change lenses. The Rebel T8i kit excels on both fronts, capturing gorgeous photos and video with the included 18-55mm lens.
Intuitive controls and a range of exposure options make it an attractive option for beginning and experienced photographers alike. And since this is an interchangeable-lens camera, you can choose from any of Canon's incredible EF and EF-S lenses to best suit the types of photography you're interested in.
The 3" color touchscreen tilts and swivels to let you more easily compose your image.
Superb image and video quality
The Rebel T8i has an advanced image processor and a super-fast autofocus system for capturing sharp, detailed images. I especially like the Face Detection feature, which lets you easily track moving subjects while keeping them in focus.
This kit also lets you develop your technical skills. Use one of its intelligent automatic modes, or get more hands-on with image composition in manual mode.
You can even shoot 4K video with the T8i, making it a great companion on vacations, or at special events like a wedding or graduation.
A lens you can use every day
The included 18-55mm zoom lens gives you a handy focal range that's great for landscape, portrait, and general purpose photography.
It's lightweight, quick to focus, and super quiet — perfect for still photography and video. Built-in image stabilization helps you capture blur-free photos and shake-free videos, while specialized lens elements contribute to high-resolution image quality.
- 24.1-megapixel effective recording
- APS-C-size CMOS image sensor (22.3 x 14.9 mm)
- compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses
- speedy DIGIC 8 image processor provides exceptional image quality and enhanced low-light sensitivity
- 45-point autofocus system with all cross-type sensors for rapid, precise focusing
- Face Detection mode lets you easily track moving subjects while keeping them in sharp focus
- Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus provides fast and accurate autofocus performance in Live view mode, or when shooting video
- 3" high-resolution tilt-and-swivel LCD touchscreen with brightness control
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for easy photo sharing and control from compatible smart devices
- pentamirror optical viewfinder
- built-in flash with flash exposure compensation
- self-cleaning sensor to remove dust for spot-free images
Exposure modes and controls:
- continuous shooting mode: up to 7 frames per second
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4,000 seconds, bulb
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-25,600 (expandable to 51,200)
- shooting modes include auto, program auto, shutter priority, aperture priority, manual, and more
File formats and storage:
- still image storage modes: RAW, JPEG, or RAW+JPEG
- top JPEG resolutions (pixels): 6,000 x 4,000
- movie file formats: MOV (video: H.264, sound: AAC)
- high-def movie mode with audio (up to 4K resolution at 24 frames per second)
- accepts optional SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards
Connections and dimensions:
- high-speed Micro-B USB interface (cable not included)
- mini HDMI (Type C) output (cable not included)
- 3.5mm external stereo microphone input jack (microphone not included)
- 5-3/16"W x 4-1/16"H x 3"D (without lens)
- weight (with battery and memory card): 18.17 oz.
- rechargeable LP-E17 lithium ion battery
- battery charger
- neck strap
- body cap
- warranty: 1 year
Included kit lens:
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM zoom lens
- 35mm equivalent focal length of 28.8-88mm
- built-in image stabilization minimizes blur at slower shutter speeds
- stepping motor (STM) enables smooth, quiet autofocusing
- lens construction: 12 elements in 10 groups
- minimum focus distance: 9.84"
- filter/attachment size: 58mm
- includes front and rear lens caps
- lens is 2-5/8" in diameter and 2-7/16" long
- weight: 7.6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3924C002
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon EOS Rebel T8i Kit
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size||3|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||---|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||18.17|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|