About the Canon TS-E 45mm f/2.8 Tilt Shift Lens
Generate eye-popping perspective and depth-of-field effects while getting a classic "normal" field of view. This specialty lens was designed specifically for product photography, where you may need to isolate focus on primary subjects within an overall art-directed design, or restore a deeper focal plane to shots composed with a wide-aperture setting. But the impressive ability to shift, tilt, and rotate lens elements will provide opportunities to manipulate space within the image. Even your landscape photography will shine with the ability to create areas of selective focus. The unique character of the images you'll capture will set your work apart from the crowd.
- EF 45mm f/2.8 tilt and shift lens
- compatible with Canon EOS digital SLR cameras
- Canon quality optics for superior image sharpness and durability
- manual focus only
- special lens coatings minimize reflections and flare
- ideal for landscape, product, and specialized portrait photography
- minimum aperture: f/22
- minimum focal distance: 16"
- constructed of 10 elements in 9 groups
- lens is 3-1/4" in diameter, 3-1/2" long
- weight: 12.2 oz.
- soft carrying pouch, lens caps
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2536A004
What's in the box:
- 45mm Tilt-shift lens (TS-E45mm f/2.8)
- E-72mm Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- LP1216 Soft lens case
- EW-79BII Lens hood
- EF Lens Owners Manual on CD-ROM
- EF Lens Quick Guide
- EF Lens Quick Guide for TS-E/Super Telephoto Lenses
- Canon worldwide locations
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Canon TS-E 45mm f/2.8 Tilt Shift Lens
Overview: The Canon TS-E45mm f/2.8 tilt-shift lens is a special accessory lens for Canon EOS cameras. The tilt-shift mechanism enables photographers to control the depth of field and the area photographed, and to correct image distortion that occurs with conventional lenses. The lens can be tilted up to +/-8° and shifted up to +/-11mm. It is recommended that you use the lens on an EOS camera with 100% viewfinder visibility, and use a laser matte with grid focusing screen. You should also place the camera on a tripod.
Lens Mount: The TS-E45mm has a standard Canon EF-mount, and is compatible with EOS DSLR cameras.
Focusing: The tilt-shift lens can only be used in a manual focusing mode. Shots cannot be taken using auto-focus. The distance scale is only valid when the tilt scale is set to the "0" position.
Exposure: Shots can be taken using AE (automatic exposure) only when the tilt and shift scales are set to the "0" position. It is recommended that you use the same exposure values as a guide to set them manually when using the tilt and/or shift functions.
Tilt Function: Normally, the focusing and imaging planes are parallel. Tilting inclines the lens relative to the image plane, putting it at an angle to the image plane. Tilting allows you to keep all of the subject in focus, even when there is insufficient depth of field. Tilted in the opposite direction, the lens lets you focus only on a specific part of the subject.
Shift Function: The shift function moves the optical axis of the lens in parallel off the center of the imaging plane. Photographing a building with a normal lens can sometime result in an image of the building leaning backwards. This is due to the camera not being parallel to the building. Using the shift function and placing the camera parallel to the building, the building to appear natural in the image. Also, if you are shooting a reflective subject, such as a mirror on a wall, your reflection can appear in the image. By moving the camera and shifting the lens, you can keep the camera out of the shot, without having to change the shot composition.
Rotation: The lens also has a rotation function that enables you to change the direction of tilt or shift by rotating the tilt-shift mechanism. The mechanism can be rotated up to 90° in either direction.
Lens Hood: The TS-E45mm lens comes with the EW-79BII lens hood. The lens hood keeps unwanted light out of the lens, and protects the lens from rain, snow, and dust.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 45mm f/2.8
- Lens Construction: 9 groups, 10 elements
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Angle of View (Normal):
- Diagonal: 51°
- Vertical: 30°
- Horizontal: 44°
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 1.3'
- Maximum Magnification: 0.16x
- Field of View: 150 x 226mm (5.9" x 8.9")
- Tilt Amount: +/-8°
- Shift Amount: +/-11mm
- Rotation Mechanism: Locks at -90°, 0°, and +90° (clicks every 30°)
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Dimensions: Width=3.427", Height=3.427", Depth=3.82" (4.364" w/caps)
- Weight: 20.8 ounces