About the Flo by Moen Smart Water Leak Detector
Keep an eye on problem areas
Keep an eye on problem areas
The Flo by Moen Water Leak Detector can help you stop a water leak before it causes serious damage. Simply place this petite battery-powered device under your sink, near your water heater, in the basement — or pretty much anywhere you're worried about unwanted moisture. When problematic conditions are detected, the device can sound an audible alarm, flash an LED light, or send an alert via the app.
It can be wall-mounted or placed flat on the ground. And if you need to keep tabs on a hard-to-reach spot, you can attach the included 48" extension with remote sensing disc.
The free Flo by Moen app lets you check the conditions around the device in real time. In addition to the presence of moisture, Flo also monitors relative humidity and temperature, and the app can notify you when something is amiss. For example, set an alert for when the temperature around your pipe nears freezing, and you can take action to prevent it from bursting.
If you also have a Flo by Moen Smart Water Valve (sold separately) installed on your main water supply line, you can have the app automatically shut off your water when the leak detector senses moisture.
- pack of three wireless monitoring devices with built-in sensors for room temperature, humidity, and moisture
- when problematic conditions are detected, the device can sound an audible alarm, flash an LED light, or send an alert via the app
- Flo by Moen app allows you to customize alerts to avoid catastrophic damage:
- moisture detection through base unit or remote sensing disc
- relative humidity ranging from 0-100%
- room temperature ranging from 0° to 140°F
- battery level ranging from 0-100%
- automatic water shutoff feature can be engaged when used in conjunction with Flo by Moen Smart Water Valve (sold separately)
- can be placed directly on floor without the wall mount base attached
- can be mounted to wall with included bracket
- attach included 48" extension with remote sensing disc to monitor hard-to-reach spots
- powered by CR123A lithium battery (included)
- smartphone required (iPhone® or Android™)
- uses your home Wi-Fi network, 2.4 GHz frequency
Dimensions and other info:
- operating temperature: -20° to 140°F
- main detector: 3-1/4"W x 2-5/8"H x 1-1/2"D (3 included)
- remote sensing disc: 1-1/16" diameter, 48" length with attached cable (3 included)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 920-005
What's in the box:
- 3 Smart Water Detector primary sensors
- 3 CR123A 3V Lithium batteries (installed in primary sensors)
- 3 Wall mount bases (attached to primary sensors)
- 3 Remote Sensing Discs with attached 47" cables (3.5mm plug)
- Six M2.5 x 15mm screws (for wall mounts)
- 6 Plastic wall anchors
- Install Guide
Flo by Moen Smart Water Leak Detector reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Flo by Moen Smart Water Leak Detector
Overview: The Smart Water Detector from Flo by Moen helps you find water leaks and other issues in your home. You can place the detector in the bathroom, kitchen, laundry rooms, or near other water appliances. If moisture is detected, the Smart Water Detector sends a notification via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n -- 2.4 GHz) to your Flo by Moen app. If used in conjuction with the Flo by Moen Smart Water Shutoff, the alert can trigger the shut-off feature to instantly protect your home from water damage. The Smart Water Detector 3-pack (model 920-005) comes with three Remote Sensing Discs to extend the leak detection into tight spaces.
Note: This package includes three Smart Water Detectors, each with a Remote Sensing Disc and wall mount. The device can be purchased in single quantities, as well.
Water Leak Detection: The Smart Water Detector is placed on a flat surface below sinks, or near water heaters, washing machines, or toilets. It features three metal pins that hang approximately 1mm from the surface. When water pools below the detector, it makes contact with the pins, completes the electrical circuit, and triggers an alert.
Remote Sensing Disc: The Smart Water Detector comes with a Remote Sensing Disc that lets you extend leak detection into hard-to-reach places. The 1-1/16" diameter disc has three metal contacts on both sides. Its 4-foot cable plugs into the primary sensor via a 3.5mm plug. If you need additional length, a separate Leak Sensing Cable can be added.
Temperature/Humidity: In addition to water leaks, the Smart Water Detector also monitors the temperature and humidity around the detector. In the Flo by Moen App on your smartphone, you can set alert parameters for temperature and humidity, and receive notifications when the parameters are exceeded. Temperature extremes can signal a failure with your heating/cooling system, or to remind you to take action to avoid freezing pipes. High humidity can also be a sign of a water leak. The Temperature and Humidity Ranges are as follows:
- Temperature Range: -20°F to 140°F (-29°C - 60°C)
- Temperature Accuracy:
- 40°F to 140°F (4°C to 60°C): ±2°F (1°C)
- -20°F to 40°F (-29°C to 3°F): ±3°F (1.5°C)
- Humidity Range: 0% to 100% Relative
- Humidity (RH) Accuracy:
- 0-20 RH: ±5%
- 20-80 RH: ±3%
- 80-100 RH: ±5%
Power: The Smart Water Detector is powered by a single, 3-volt CR123A Lithium battery (included). Typical battery life is 2 years. Battery life is determined by the total time in active Wi-Fi mode, including the time pairing, the alarm activity, duration of each Wi-Fi connection and the total number of data transmissions per day.
Flo by Moen App: The Flo by Moen app helps you set up and use the Smart Water Detector and the Smart Water Shutoff to help you conserve water, save money, and keep your home protected. Notifications from the Smart Water Detector can alert you when an actual water leak is detected in your home, as well as monitor the temperature and humidity where the sensors are placed. If you have the Smart Water Shutoff device, you can configure the app to automatically turn off the water when the Smart Water Detector senses a leak. You can also use the app to monitor your daily and monthly water consumption, run diagnostic leak tests (manually or automatically), and remotely turn your water off or on with a tap of your finger. Even while you're away, Flo by Moen monitors your water flow, and, if it senses a major problem, can automatically turn the water off. Alerts from the Flo by Moen App can vary from system notifications to critical warnings, and can be set via push notification, text, email, or via phone from Flo Support. The Flo by Moen app is available on the App Store for iOS devices running version 9.3 or later, and from Google Play for Android devices running 4.4 and up.
1 question already asked