About the Sharp LC-46LE700UN
Upgrade your HDTV experience with Sharp's LED technology
Upgrade your HDTV experience with Sharp's LED technology
You'll find LED backlighting in today's most impressive LCD HDTVs like Sharp's 46-inch LC-46LE700UN. Sharp has been a leader in flat-panel TV technology all along, and LED is only one ingredient in this innovative design. A new-generation LCD panel is able to let more light pass through, while also minimizing unwanted light leakage. Images pop with brilliance, anchored by the deepest black levels Sharp has ever achieved.
LED backlighting improves picture contrast and color
Sharp's Full Array LED backlight places a grid of white LEDs behind the screen to provide bright, consistent illumination. Most LCD TVs use a fluorescent backlight, and one drawback to that approach is that fluorescents shine constantly. An LED backlight operates differently the LEDs flash on and off rapidly and precisely, for a picture that's more eye-pleasing. You'll notice superior contrast and pure, lifelike colors.
Fast-action scenes look clean and clear
You don't have to be a sports junkie to appreciate the LC-46LE700UN's 120Hz video processing. Sharp was the first TV maker to develop 120Hz refresh rate, and they've refined their technology considerably over the years. Whether it's over-the-top action movie mayhem, or highlight-reel sports action, you'll see effortlessly clear, blur-free images no matter how fast things are moving on-screen.
10-bit vs. 8-bit color those two extra bits increase color accuracy
You'll see plenty of HDTVs that use an 8-bit LCD panel, but only a few, like the LC-46LE700UN, use a 10-bit panel. 10-bit is better because it enables the TV to reproduce many more shades of color over a billion, total. From vivid splashes of color to the subtlest shadings and skin tones, every scene looks naturally lifelike.
Hook up all your A/V components, and plug in to the web, too
Four HDMI inputs make it easy to hook up several high-definition components: your Blu-ray player, HD satellite or cable box, high-def video game console, and more. You can also connect the LC-46LE700UN to your wired home network and view customized web content from the comfort of your sofa.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 46" screen (measured diagonally)
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- high-gloss black finish
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- X-Gen LCD panel (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- UltraBrilliant Full Array LED backlight for high contrast and accurate colors
- 120Hz Fine Motion Advanced anti-blur technology for clearer motion
- 2,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 10-bit display panel and video processing for over a billion possible colors
- OPC (Optical Picture Control) continuously monitors and adjusts the picture brightness based on ambient room light
- Vyper Drive game mode
- Internet-capable with AQUOS Net web menu
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- illuminated multibrand remote control
- AQUOS Link simplifies control of compatible Sharp components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- Energy Star® 3.0 compliant see our article on TV power consumption for more info about this and other testing standards
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 7 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video (side)
- 1 selectable component video/composite video
- 1 selectable component video/S-video
- 4 HDMI v1.3 (3 rear, 1 side) accepts signals up to 1080p (60Hz, 24Hz)
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- Ethernet port
- side USB port for digital photo/MP3 playback
- RS-232C port for communicating with compatible home theater control devices
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 22-1/2"W x 14"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 43-1/4"W x 27-1/8"H x 3-5/8"D (29-1/8"H x 14"D on stand)
- weight: 47.4 lbs. with stand; 40.8 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LC46LE700UN
What's in the box:
- 46" LCD TV
- Pedestal base
- 2 Pedestal necks
- 5.5' AC power cord
- GA806WJSA remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Twelve 5mm x 12mm machine screws (with flat-washer and lock-washer attached)
- Cable clamp
- Operation Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Product Registration Card
- AQUOS Membership Card
Sharp LC-46LE700UN reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sharp LC-46LE700UN
Features & specs
Built-in ATSC/QAM/NTSC Tuners: The Sharp Aquos LE700-series LCD TV offers built-in ATSC/QAM/NTSC tuners for DTV and available analog TV viewing.
Full HD 1080p X-Gen LCD Panel: The Sharp Aquos LE700-series LCD TV utilizes a Full-HD 1080p X-Gen LCD Panel with 10-bit processing and is designed with advanced pixel control to minimize light leakage. Its 10-bit processor processes approximately 1.07 billion colors, with smoother transitions between elements on screen and more detailed imager. A wider aperture lets more light through, providing an extremely high contrast level (Spectral Contrast Engine MC) and deeper black levels.
Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) Resolution: The LCD television displays all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
Spectral Contrast Engine Level: Enhanced Picture Contrast Technology provides high contrast ratios (over 2,000,000:1) for incredible images whether you are watching dark or bright scenes.
UltraBrilliant Full Array White LED Backlight System: The Sharp Aquos LE700-series LCD TV features Sharp's proprietary UltraBrilliant LED System which includes a unique "double-dome" light amplifier lens and multi-fluorescents that enables high brightness and color purity. The system features a full array of LEDs evenly dispersed behind a diffuser, resulting in more uniformity. The UltraBrilliant Full Array White LED Backlight System produces extremely high brightness and contrast levels with low energy consumption.
Note: 100,000 LED life hours.
High Brightness: The Sharp LCD TV is very bright (450 cd/m2), so you can put it virtually anywhere - even near windows, doors or other light sources; and the picture is still vivid.
Wide Viewing Angles: Viewing Angles are wide (176º H x 176º V) so you can view the Sharp LCD TV from practically anywhere in the room.
4ms Response Time with 120Hz Fine Motion Enhanced: The Sharp Aquos LCD TV features a 4ms response time for clear fast moving images. The Sharp Aquos LCD TV is also equipped with 120Hz Fine Motion Enhanced technology to offer even clearer fast-motion picture quality. 120Hz Fine Motion Enhanced creates a smoother picture with less jitter for ultra-smooth fast motion.
Vyper Drive Game Mode: Vyper Drive Game Mode is Sharp's built-in technology that eliminates perceptible video lag that may occur due to the electronic transition time between a connected game console and the game's display on the TV.
On-Screen Menu with LC Font: This Sharp Aquos LCD television is embedded with LC Font technology, which was developed by Sharp Corporation for clearly displaying easy-to-read characters on LCD screen.
View Modes: The Sharp Aquos LCD TV offers the following view modes to suit the current type of video signal.
- Stretch: Suitable for viewing 1.78:1 aspect-ratio HD programs. When viewing 1.85:1 programs, the stretch mode will still show very think black bands at the top and bottom of the screen.
- S. Stretch (Smart Stretch): Suitable for stretching 4:3 programs to fill the screen.
- Full Screen (720p only): You can select Full Screen only when receiving a 720p signal.
- Zoom: Suitable for viewing wide-screen 2.35:1 anamorphic DVDs in full screen.
- Side Bar: Suitable for viewing conventional 4:3 programs in their normal format.
- Dot-by-Dot (1080i/p only): Detects the resolution of the signal of the image and it will be shown on the screen with the same amount of pixels.
Position: You can adjust the picture's horizontal and vertical position.
Video Modes: The Sharp Aquos LCD TV offers the various video modes to better suit the content you are viewing. You can choose from the following.
- Auto: Optimizes the image quality automatically based on the room brightness and image signal.
- Standard: For a highly defined image in normal lighting.
- Movie: For viewing movies with low light.
- Game: Lowers image brightness for easier viewing.
- PC: Suited for using the LCD TV as a computer monitor.
- User: Allows you to customize settings for each input source. You can adjust the following - Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Color, Tint, and Sharpness.
- Dynamic: For a clear-cut image emphasizing high contrast, useful for sports viewing.
- Dynamic (Fixed): Changes the image and sound settings to the factory preset values. No adjustments are allowed.
Advanced Picture Settings: The Sharp Aquos LCD television offers the following advanced picture settings for further picture enhancement and enjoyment.
- C.M.S. (Color Management System): Color tone is managed using the six-color adjustment setting. You can adjust Hue (adjust reddish and bluish tones), Saturation (increases or decreases saturation of color), and Value (increases or decrease brightness).
- Color Temperature: The television's Color Temperature control adjusts the white balance of the TV. White balance can be adjusted between a maximum of +30 and a minimum of -30 for each color temperature (R,G,B).
- Active Contrast: Automatically adjusts the image contrast according to the scene.
- Gamma Adjustment: Adjusts the differences of picture tones between bright parts and dark parts. The adjustment range of the gamma can be set to a maximum of +2 and a minimum of -2.
- Black Level: Adjust on-screen black level to your preferred level (High or Low).
- Film Mode (3:2 pull-down): Automatically detects a film-base source (originally encoded at 24 fps), analyzes it, and then recreates each still film frame for high-definition picture quality.
- DNR: Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) produces a clear video image by reducing noise artifacts.
- 3D-Y/C (Composite and analog broadcasts): Provides high quality images with minimal dot crawl and cross color noise.
- Monochrome: For viewing a video in monochrome.
OPC (Optical Picture Control): Optical Picture Control automatically adjust the brightness of the screen. The Optical Picture Control (OPC) sense the surround light and automatically adjusts the backlight brightness. The brightness level range of the OPC sensor's automatic adjustments can be set according to your preferences. The adjustment range of the OPC sensor can be set to a maximum of +16 and a minimum of _16.
Aquos Net: Aquos Net delivers customized Internet content and live customer support via Ethernet; viewable in widget, full-screen, or split-screen mode. By connecting the TV to a broadband system, you can access select Internet content from the television. Once you connect an Ethernet cable to the back of the TV and configure your Network settings, you will have access to the following widgets MSNBC (News and Sports), Nasdaq (Financial new), Access Hollywood (Entertainment news), Rallypoint (Fantasy sports), Weatherbug (Local weather), Navteq Traffic (Area traffic), Picasa (Online photo-gallery), Screen Dreams (High-resolution art), Astrology.com (Horoscopes), GoComics (Comic-strips), and Funspot (Games). There are also separate widgets to display a clock, a calendar, and the date.
Note: To connect the TV to the Internet, you must have a broadband Internet connection and an Ethernet cable (sold separately).
USB Photo Viewer with Music Player: USB Photo Viewer with Music Player enables enjoyment of high-resolution digital JPEG images and MP3 music files through the television's side-panel USB (type-A) port from your external USB memory devices. The television's USB port supports MP3 music files (32-320 kbps) and JPEG still image files (CCF2.0 compliant) stored on USB mass storage class devices formatted in FAT/FAT32.
- JPEG Photo Viewer: JPEG still images can be viewed in Full Screen (vertical/horizontal), thumbnail (up to 12 images), or as a slide-show (10/30/60 sec. intervals). You can select MP3 music stored on the same USB device to be played in the background while displaying a slide-show.
- MP3 Music Player: The television will display your USB device's stored songs on-screen. You can use the included remote to navigate your song collection.
Input Label: Using the included remote control and on-screen software keyboard, you can enter up to a 10 character custom label for each input (except TV).
Favorite Channel: This function allows you to program 4 favorite channels, in 4 different categories. By setting the favorite channels in advance, you can select your favorite channels quicker and easier from the included remote control.
Closed Captions (Analog and Digital): The television is equipped with an internal Closed Caption decoder. It allows you to view conversations, narrations, and sound effects as subtitles on the screen. Digital Closed Caption service is a new caption service available only on digital TV programs. It is a more flexible system than the original Closed Caption system, because it allows a variety of caption sizes and font styles.
V-Chip: V-Chip is an electronic filtering device built into the Television. This tool gives parents a great degree of control over broadcasts accessed by their children. It allows parents to select programs judged suitable for child viewing while blocking ones judged not suitable. It does so automatically once you activate the V-Chip feature. The Sharp television offers an 8-level rating system for TV and movie programming protected by a 4-digit password.
Audio Settings: You can adjust the sound quality of the television's built-in speakers to your preference with the following audio settings.
- Bass & Treble: You can adjust the Bass, Treble, and Balance of the unit's built-in stereo speakers to your preference.
- Surround: The Surround function produces a virtual surround effect from the television's built-in speakers.
- Bass Enhancer: This function allows you to enjoy bass-enhanced sound.
- Auto Volume: Different sound sources sometimes do have the same volume level, such as program and its commercial breaks. The Automatic Volume Control reduces this problem by equalizing levels.
- Clear Voice: This function emphasizes speech against background noise for greater clarity.
- Audio Only: when listening to music from a music program, you can turn the screen of and enjoy audio only.
Game Play Time: This function displays the elapsed game time so you do lose track of the time. The elapsed time is displayed every 30 minutes.
Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer function allows you to set a time when the TV automatically switches to standby mode. You can set the sleep timer to 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Power Control Settings: Power control settings allows you to save energy.
- Power Saving: This function allows you to set the Power Saving level in order to decrease the power consumption and increase the backlight lifespan. The Power Saving feature can be set to Standard, Advanced, or Off.
- No Signal Off: The power will automatically shut down if there is no signal for 15 minutes.
- No Operation Off: The power will automatically shut down if there is no operation for 3 hours.
Multibrand Remote: The Sharp Aquos LCD TV comes supplied with a multibrand IR wireless remote control. In addition to operating the television, the remote can be programmed to operate Sharp and other manufacture VCRs, DVD players, Blu-ray players, Cable boxes, and Satellite receivers. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 17 feet from TV with a direct line of sight. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button.
Operation Lock Out: This function locks the operation buttons on the TV and the remote control.
Aquos Link: Aquos Link enables convenient control of Sharp Aquos Blu-ray Disc players and recorders which are connected via HDMI to the Sharp Aquos LCD TV, using the include remote control. Aquos Link offers the following system controls.
- Auto Power On: While the TV is in standby mode, it automatically turns on and plays back the image from the HDMI source.
- One Touch Recording: This function allows easy one-touch recording of the program being viewed on the TV to an Aquos Link compatible recorder.
- One Touch Playback: Aquos Link allows you operate the HDMI connected Aquos Link compatible equipment with a single remote control.
- Menu Control: You can call up a setup menu from connected Aquos Link compatible equipment.
- HDMI Device Selection: If multiple HDMI devices are connected in a daisy chain, you can specify which device to control.
Pedestal Stand: The Sharp LCD TV includes an unattached pedestal stand which can be installed using the supplied hardware, so you can place the unit on your stand, shelf, or cabinet. The LCD TV weighs 47.4 lbs with the stand attached.
Wall Mounting: The Sharp LCD television has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 400 (400mm horizontal x 400mm vertical) in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. The threaded inserts require M6 (6mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 40.8 lbs without the stand.
HDMI: The television's four HDMI inputs (3 rear/1 side) can be used to connect a DVD player, Game console, HDTV and/or Satellite Set-top box with an HDMI output. One of the rear-panel HDMI inputs can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the shared PC stereo minijack audio input. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The same HDMI input can also be used to connect a PC to this TV. The HDMI jacks will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i signals
Component Video: The two Component Video jacks will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
Note: The two component video inputs share stereo RCA audio jacks with a composite video and S-video input which will accept 480i video signals.
PC Input: This rear-panel input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. The Sharp television supports the following PC resolutions - VGA (720 x 400/640 x 480), SVGA (800 x 600), XGA (1024 x 768), WXGA (1360 x 768), SXGA (1280 x 1024), SXGA+ (1400 x 1050), or UXGA (1600 x 1200).
Digital Audio: The optical digital output on the rear panel will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM.
Analog Audio (fixed or variable): The television features a stereo analog RCA audio output for connecting the television to an analog 2-channel receiver.
Ethernet (10/100): The RJ-45 Ethernet port connects to local area network using an optional Ethernet cable (sold separately).
RS-232C Port: The RS-232C port can be used to communicate with compatible PCs and other home theater control devices.
USB Port: The TV features a side-panel USB port (type-A) to connect your USB equipment for JPEG photo and MP3 music playback. Software updates can also be made using the side-panel USB port.