About the Devialet Classic Phantom
High-performance sound in a stylish package
High-performance sound in a stylish package
The Devialet Classic Phantom delivers high-performance sound that can easily fill a room. Actually, with 1,200 watts of peak power, it might also break the lease. This high-tech speaker is carefully crafted to deliver finely detailed sound no matter the volume.
Serious high-performance audio
The Classic Phantom features a center-firing aluminum tweeter and midrange driver. The two side-firing bass drivers offer bass response down to 16 Hz. You might not be able to hear that low, but you'll feel the vibrations. The speaker's built-in DAC (digital-to-analog converter) can play high-resolution digital audio sources, and the Classic Phantom can reproduce them with accuracy and clarity.
Stream music from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. The Devialet Spark control app natively supports Spotify® Connect. With your Spotify Premium subscription, you can stream from this service using your Spotify app.
Built-in Apple AirPlay® lets you play audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through the Classic Phantom. The speaker is also compatible with Universal Plug 'n' Play (UPnP) high-resolution streaming, for music stored on your media server or NAS drive.
You can hardwire the Classic Phantom to your network with an Ethernet cable. A Toslink digital audio input gives you even more options. You can run a digital optical cable from your TV, game console, or high-performance disc player.
Roon-compatible for serious music lovers
The Classic Phantom is also compatible with Roon, a subscription digital music player for your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Roon accesses your digital music collection from your iTunes library or NAS drive. It also works with your TIDAL subscription.
Roon lets you do deep dives into your music, showing artist bios, photos, reviews, and lyrics. Roon can also suggest other artists and songs based on your selections, making it easy to discover new music you'll enjoy.
You can use Classic Phantom and other compatible Devialet Phantom Premier speakers in a wireless multi-room audio system with the addition of a Devialet Dialog hub (available separately). The system uses your home's Wi-Fi network. The Spark app lets you group speakers together. Play a Qobuz album through a Gold Phantom in the den while your Classic in the family room plays a Spotify mix. Selections and volume for each speaker are controlled through the Spark app.
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming with aptX support for better sound with compatible devices
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone, iPod, or computer's iTunes®
- Universal Plug 'n' Play (UPnP) high-resolution streaming
- 1 aluminum tweeter, 1 aluminum midrange driver, and 2 aluminum side-firing bass drivers
- high-resolution playback up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- peak power: 1,200 watts
- frequency response: 16-25,000 Hz (-6dB)
- maximum volume: 101 dB SPL
Devialet Spark app:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- Spotify Connect built-in (subscription required)
- stream from compatible services such as TIDAL, Qobuz, Pandora, TuneIn, and Deezer (subscriptions may be required)
- control multiple compatible Phantom Premier Series speakers
- play the same song everywhere simultaneously or different songs in different rooms
- customizable speaker and group names
- control volume, play, pause and skip tracks
- top-mounted touch-sensitive control buttons
- Roon-ready (subscription required)
- Toslink optical digital input for connecting a TV, disc player, or game console
- supports 2-channel PCM only; not compatible with Dolby Digital signals
- Ethernet port
- requires AC power, cable included
- stainless steel sides
- 9-15/16"W x 10"H x 13-3/8"D
- weight: 25.1 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ZP510
What's in the box:
- Wireless powered speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Devialet Classic Phantom
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||---|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||---|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||---|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||Not given|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||2000|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||48 kHz|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Ultra-Compact Wireless Speaker: The Devialet Classic Phantom is a wireless home speaker that is capable of delivering powerful, high fidelity sound with impact at any volume level. With 2000 watts of Peak power and a frequency range of 16Hz to 25kHz, you'll feel every note with clarity, richness, and precision. Zero distortion, zero saturation and zero background noise ensure you get nothing but audiophile-grade playback. You can even pair two Classic Phantom speakers together for true stereo sound with a more immersive and broader soundstage.
ADH (Analog Digital Hybrid) Amplification: A Devialet-patented technology, ADH (Analog Digital Hybrid) gives you all the sophistication of Class A analog with all the power and compactness of Class D digital. The best of both worlds for amplification of unparalleled clarity and transparency, whatever the volume. The Devialet Classic Phantom is equipped with a 2000 watt (Peak) amplifier.
SAM (Speaker Active Matching): Devialet invented SAM (Speaker Active Matching) mathematical model to ensure immaculate fidelity all throughout playback. Whether you're dealing with transients or steady-state signal, the degree of information processed by SAM surpasses anything previously thought possible. This enables Classic Phantom to reproduce the exact rhythm and tempo of your music with absolute precision. So you can feel every last emotion, true to the original. The Devaialet Classic Phantom is equipped with a front-mounted aluminum dome tweeter and aluminum midrange driver, as well as two opposite side-firing aluminum woofers.
HBI (Heart Bass Implosion): HBI (Heart Bass Implosion) is a one-of-a-kind system, designed to take you deeper into sound. For the first time, an ultra-compact home speaker is able to reproduce ridiculously low bass that resonates beyond the limits of the human ear, throughout your entire body. Unleash your music's full potential all the way down to 16Hz.
ACE (Active Cospherical Engine): ACE (Active Cosperical Engine) is the technology responsible for the Classic Phantom's radical spherical architecture. Drawing on Olson's pulsating sphere principle, the Classic Phantom dramatically optimizes the way sound waves form and spread - evenly and in all directions. The result is perfectly balanced audio and zero surface diffraction, wherever you are in the room.
EVO Platform: The Classic Phantom utilizes Devialet's EVO platform allowing for hassle-free, wireless firmware and software updates through the Devialet Phantom App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device over your home's WiFi network.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Devialet Classic Phantom offers wired (Ethernet) and wireless (WiFi) network connectivity. The wireless speaker features built-in 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi (802.11ac). If you choose to connect the speaker system to your network via a wired Ethernet connection, you'll still need a wireless WiFi router to access your local network stored music libraries via UPnP, stream Apple iOS music via AirPlay, and listen to your favorite music playlists on Spotify.
AirPlay Compatible: The Devialet Classic Phantom is compatible with Apple's AirPlay technology. With AirPlay, the Classic Phantom can connect wirelessly to any AirPlay-enabled Apple device. This allows you to stream music wirelessly from your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, or your computer's (Mac or PC) iTunes library; via your WiFi network.
- iTunes Streaming: The Classic Phantom is able to stream audio from your computer's iTunes account via AirPlay technology. When connected to the same network as a computer running iTunes, the Classic Phantom can appear as an output option in the pop-up menu at the bottom of the iTunes window. You can then browse your iTunes collection on your computer & stream music to the Devialet integrated amplifier. You will need a Mac or Windows-based PC running iTunes (10.2.2 or later) connected to the same network as the Classic Phantom.
- Apple Device Streaming: AirPlay also lets you wirelessly stream music and music apps stored on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to the Devialet Classic Phantom. You will need an iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (running iOS 4.3.3 or later) connected to the same network as the Classic Phantom.
- Apple Remote App: Using the Apple Remote App (free download from iTunes) on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad and your wireless home network, you don't even need to be in the same room as the components or your computer to play, pause, skip, and stop the songs in your iTunes music library. You will even see the iTunes music information, including your track titles & artist info on your Apple device. You will need an iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (running iOS 9.0 or later) connected to the same wireless network as the Classic Phantom.
UPnP Compatible: The Devialet Classic Phantom is a UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) AV Client. Being a UPnP Client means the it can connect to UPnP AV servers on a network and browse and playback their music content (up to 24-bit/48kHz files). A connection to the internet is not strictly needed for this. The Classic Phantom just needs to be able to connect to the server to access its content. Most operating systems and/or music playback software now feature UPnP server facilities built-in. This allow you to share the music on the computer's hard-drive with Clients, such as the Classic Phantom. Your music library can include digital music located anywhere on your home network such as shared folders on your own computer (Windows or Mac), shared folders on another computer on your network, or music stored on a Network-Attached Storage (NAS) device on your network. Using UPnP, the Classic Phantom can connect to these devices and play back, or 'stream' non-DRM music files via the network to your home entertainment system.
Note: Not all servers support serving of all audio formats. Always make sure the server you choose also supports your formats of choice. For example, Windows Media Server does not currently serve FLAC format.
Spotify Connect: The Devialet Classic Phantom also incorporates Spotify Connect. If you subscribe to Spotify Premium , you can play all of your Spotify music and playlists, plus control the volume and playback with the Spotify Connect app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Built-in Bluetooth allows you to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the Devialet Classic Phantom speaker system. You'll continue to control playback functions and view song/artist/album information from your Bluetooth source device. You can pair multiple Bluetooth devices with the speaker system, but only one can be connected and used for playback at a time.
Optical Digital Input: The Devialet Classic Phantom speaker system is outfitted with an optical (toslink) digital input that supports 2ch PCM (up to 24-bit/48kHz). Its not compatible with multichannel formats such as Dolby Digital or DTS.
Note: The Devialet Classic Phantom does not feature an analog audio input.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Classic Phantom comes with a detachable AC power cord that plugs into the back of the speaker and into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The speaker system is not battery powered.
Devialet Phantom App: The Devialet Phantom App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) allows you to setup and control the Devialet Classic Phantom from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. Initial network and speaker setup is done through the Devialet Phantom app. You'll be able access your local network music, as well as control volume and playback functions from a compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device. Firmware updates are also done through the Devialet Phantom App over a wireless network connection.